Location: Netherlands, Gender: Male, Age: 27

Hans Brinker Budget Hotel

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Good location! Rooms are the bare minimum, but that's in the description.. Also I experienced that even though the guests on my floor weren't exceptionally loud, I could hear them talk very clearly in my bed.. The sound transfers pretty far! Staff don't seem very interested in their job or in the guests.. The bar/food is very nicely priced! Cheap pints, cheap food compared to a lot of other places, and not stingy with fries! Pretty good if all you need is a bed and a place to get smashed!

• 14th Nov 2013

Hi Tom, Thanks for your review. We hope you've had a great time in Amsterdam and at our hotel. See you again soon? Greetings, Hans Brinker

Asylum Cairns

Cairns, Australia

I have stayed in several hostels throughout Europe, Australia and New-Zealand, and this one is by far the most enjoyable! The first time i stayed here was for more than 14 weeks, even though i checked in for 1 to start with.. I have seen many people cry when they checked out. The staff is very nice. That, combined with several other things (free breakfast, free coffee and tea, BBQ Night, Mad Monday) really encourage to be sociable. Everyone who's not a social retard will have a great time here!

• 18th Nov 2010