Reviews: stephaniemayharris6381

Location: Australia, Gender: Female, Age: 26

The Fort Boutique Hostel

York, England

I really enjoyed my stay here. The room was clean, tidy,and well decorated. The linen was clean and the towels provided were top quality. Excellent location, 10min walk from the train station and once there you're in the heart of the old town. My ensuite shower had hot water, and the heating in the room was brilliant. Staff were amazingly friendly. Free tea and coffee all day! My only suggestion would be a shower curtain and shelf to put your things on while having a shower. Highly recommended.

• 27th Jan 2013
  • Globetrotter

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We take great pride in our cleanliness, facilities and good customer service, and are blessed to be situated in such a fantastic location. We will be sure to take all your feedback into consideration, and look forward to welcoming you back if ever you return to York.

Wombats City Hostel Berlin

Berlin, Germany

Wombats are a top quality hostel chain, and my stay here was great. Good atmosphere, the free drink at the bar is always a nice welcoming touch. Wifi only in the lobby is a bit annoying but I understand the theory behind it. Room was clean, bed was comfy, and there are always get extra points for the reading light on every bed. Lockers were provided but hey wouldn't fit a backpack.. Just your valuables. Highly recommended.

• 14th Dec 2012

Sleephere

Brussels, Belgium

Enjoyed my stay here, was more like a guest house than a hostel. Easy to get to following the instructions on hostelworld. Staircase is a bit narrow to carry up suitcases/bags. The owner was really cool, he had heaps of information and was friendly and approachable. Only problem is he's not there all the time, so if you've stated a checkin time and your travel is delayed, there may be a problem checking in. Breakfast, showers, and beds were excellent. Some of the door handles were dodge though.

• 10th Dec 2012

Bath Backpackers

Bath, England

Only stayed here for a night, and didn't spend too much time in the hostel, so don't know too much about facilities etc. but it did have hot showers, small lockers for personal belongings, and wifi... Though it didn't work in my dorm. The security code to get into the dorm room was annoying, long, and hard to remember. The left luggage facility is leaving your bag at reception, and they didn't check my token when I came to collect. The timer lights for the toilets were annoying. Okay for a night

• 22nd Sep 2012

Anny Studios - Perissa Beach

Santorini, Greece

This place is literally 30m from the beach, exactly what I was after. Sill close enough to the main road where you can get buses to Fira and Oia. Shower had hot water, but only a curtain so water tended I go all over the floor. Lockers in the rooms for your stuff. Air con! Wifi, but not too reliable and slow. Breakfast is €4, not free. They have a pool and bar but I spent my time at the beach. They can organise ATVs and tours for you too. Free transfers to and from the port. I'd stay again.

• 2nd Jul 2012

Athens Backpackers

Athens, Greece

Great location, easy to get to from Piraeus or the airport. I got upgraded to the apartments for free. Wifi was good downstairs, but had a few issues with it upstairs. No lockers for your things in the room. Laundry, printing, and left luggage facilities which was great. Free breakfast was good. Aircon in the room, big plus. Hot water in the shower, but it was hand held and water tended to go all over the floor with only a shower curtain. Staff spoke great English. Would stay again!

• 30th Jun 2012

Urban House

San Sebastian, Spain

Mixed feelings. American guy at reception, super helpful with places to see and where to eat. But the other guy who checked us in didn't seem to know what he was doing, and couldn't find my booking etc. They let us leave our bags overnight while we went to a festival though. Noise curfew not enforced, so woke up to crazies at 5:30am. The door on the 2nd floor needs to be fixed so it doesn't slam shut. Drunk people don't remember to catch it. Our door didn't close properly. No lockers in rooms.

• 27th Jun 2012
  • Globetrotter

Easy to get to with HW directions. Staff were amazing! Roger went through and recommended places to see, where to eat and how to get around. Laid back atmosphere. Kitchen was well equipped, and breakfast was good with toast, muffins, croissants, cereal, and yoghurt. Free wifi, bit slow, but 2 free computers too. No lockers for your stuff. Towels provided, can take to the beach as well. Only two showers, didn't cause too many probs tho. Water mostly hot, depended on kitchen use. Would stay again!

• 24th Jun 2012

Las Musas Hostel

Madrid, Spain

Great organized activities at this hostel. Walking tour was great, and the pub crawl was super fun. They have paella and tapas nights too. Wifi was good, but only in the lobby. There were lockers in the rooms for valuables. Rooms were very hot with no aircon, fans only. Hot water in the showers. My friend's bed was uncomfortable, but mine was fine. Breakfast was basic. Kitchen looked well equipped but we didn't use. Staff friendly and helpful with recommendations, English was good.

• 20th Jun 2012

Mosaic Hostel

Rome, Italy

Easy to get to with the instructions from Hostel world. Staff were super friendly and helpful, great English, and recommendations for food and things to see. Room had air con, there were lockers for your things in the room. Bathrooms had hot water. Breakfast was basic with toast, spreads, and cereal. Had some issues with wifi in our 4th floor room. Would definitely stay again and recommend.

• 15th Jun 2012

Mar-Mar

Cinque Terre, Italy

Easy to get to (the reception) using instructions on hostelworld. We were booked into a 12bmd but ended up with a double bed private (10m from reception) that had its own bathroom and kitchenette! So it was more like a hotel stay, which would have been hard to meet people if traveling solo. No breakfast, or wifi, but you're in the Cinque Terre - so beautiful, get out there and enjoy it! The sheets on our bed looked well used, with a few stains, but they had been cleaned. Would stay again.

• 13th Jun 2012

Ostello Bello

Milan, Italy

Easy to get to following hostelworld instructions. Staff spoke good English and recommended good places to eat. Wifi was free fast and available in rooms as well as in the bar. Aperitivo from 7pm is a great idea. Stayed in 8bmd w ensuite that had a little terrace. Loved the under bed lockers that pull out like drawers, reception has free locks if you need it. Reading light for each bed. Shower was a bit small and push button, but water was hot. Breakfast was free with fruit and variety of teas.

• 9th Jun 2012

Langstars

Zurich, Switzerland

Easy to find, about 10min walk from the station (once you get out of the station). Stayed in the 12bmd which was surprisingly spacious. Beds were a bit on the small side and creaky. There were two showers and one toilet to share between 12 of us, which was hardly ever a problem. Showers had hot water. Lockers that fit our bags in the room. The bar down stairs is good and you get one free drink each after 10pm. Free wifi in the bar was great, couldn't get it in the room though. Would stay again.

• 7th Jun 2012

The Lazy Falken Backpacker

Interlaken, Switzerland

Easy to find via the instructions from hostelworld. Good wifi in the bar and lower floors, but we couldn't get it in our second floor room. Also two computers that you can use for free. The kitchen is 5fr to use per hour, so didn't use it. Our shower was a little dodgy, the shower head being held up by a shoelace, but water was hot. Lockers in the rooms big enough for bags. Staff were helpful and spoke good English. Breakfast was basic, with fruit. Stayed in a 4 bmd with ensuite, would come back

• 4th Jun 2012

Hotel Andre Gill

Paris, France

Great hotel, good location in Montemart. Easy to get to from the Gare du Nord station that we arrived at. Staff were really helpful (great English) with bookings and information about transport etc. Free map provided. We stayed in a double room with ensuite which was clean and comfortable, towels provided. Breakfast was croissants and bread with butter/jam, and tea/coffee/hot chocolate/juice. Only concern, have to leave key at reception where someone was not always at the desk. Would stay again.

• 31st May 2012

Keystone House Kings Cross

Great location, right next to Kings Cross and St Pancras, so really easy to get to. Rooms were clean, and blankets were warm enough. Lockers in the room are miniscule and dont fit your bags. We werent big fans of the layout of the showers (shower and toilet in the same cubicle separated by a curtain). Breakfast was basic, but free. No Wifi, but Maccas just down the road. Toilets on every level. Kitchen upstairs, but we didnt use. Pretty good value for money in London, would probably stay again.

• 29th May 2012

Budapest Bubble

Budapest, Hungary

Olga and Gabor are amazing! Don't hesitate to book The Bubble, this is the best hostel I've ever stayed in, especially for solo travellers! The place is really easy to get to following the instructions on hostelworld, there is hot water in the showers, and lockers in the rooms. There is a little kitchen, so you can save some money by cooking. But most of all this place is fun! Olga and Gabor are very knowledgeable and can make excellent recommendations on where to eat and see. I'll be back!

• 24th May 2012
  • Globetrotter

This hostel oozes character, so if you're after all the mod-cons and a spartan room, you'll probs not like it here. I really enjoyed my stay, and loved the rooms decorated in themes. Super easy to get to with all the instructions on hostelworld. Wifi was great, reception staff spoke good English, and lockers in the room big enough for my bag. Breakfast is in the bar/restaurant and not free (but good). Only complaint, there was no power point in my room (that I could find), which was a bummer.

• 21st May 2012
  • Globetrotter

Easy to get to with the directions on hostel world. I booked a 6 bed girls and got a 4bed girls with ensuite - cheering! Rooms were clean, lockers were big enough for my bag, reading light and shelf next to your bed which is always handy. Bathroom had a hairdryer, but no shelf to put hour things in the shower. Great lobby area, wifi only in the lobby but free. Bar was pretty funky, and the €3.80 is worth it for the breakfast. Staff spoke excellent English and were friendly and enthusiastic.

• 18th May 2012

Youth Hostel Melk

Melk, Austria

Easy to get to.My room hadnt been cleaned when i arrived at 2pm, but went out and came back and it had. The doors dont automatically lock and there are no lockers in the rooms. Breakfast was great for a free breaky. Had a bit of a lonely stay at this hostel, nowhere to really meet other travellers and there was no one else in my 4bed dorm but me for the two nights I stayed. More of a place to go if you're in a group. Might be a better idea to visit Melk on a day trip from Vienna if byyourself.

• 16th May 2012
  • Globetrotter

Great hostel! Super clean, lockers in the (spacious) room big enough for my bag, beds are a good size so you're not cramped and they're comfy, and the showers... Heaven! In the showers there is a place for your stuff so it won't get wet, the water is hot, and there were four hair dryers in the bathroom I was using - brilliant. Free wifi in the room. Breskfast is not free, and probs not worth the €3.50, but it's easy. There is a TV room that plays Sound of Music every night, and a great bar

• 13th May 2012

Big Apple Hostel & Hotel

Istanbul, Turkey

Loved this hostel! I stayed in a 6bed girls dorm on the second floor, it was clean and the locker under the bed was big enough for my bag. There is a rooftop bar and the breakfast was great, and free. There was a queue for the showers one morning I was there, but otherwise we managed. Hot water!! Oh so good, no where really to put your stuff though. Also free wifi And it worked in my room. Staff were friendly enough, they reccomended a Turkish Hammam too. I'd recommend for sure!

• 26th Apr 2012