Reviews: Maiklcz2

Location: Czech Republic, Gender: Male, Age: 24

Hostel Goodnight Grooves

Belgrade, Serbia

Great hostel with positive atmosphere, especially thanks to Igor for rakija welcome drink even at 1:30 am and great tips for the city! Very nice location, right next to the bus stop with buses to the airport and close to pedestrian area and centre. Room was clean, good value really.

• 12th Jun 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

City Hostel Geneva

Geneva, Switzerland

it's a good hostel, quite well located, couple minutes walk from the train station. Pleasant chill area in the lobby with a tv, wifi was working perfectly in the entire hostel. Rooms were small, very basic but sufficient. Staff was just average, did not seem to be very helpful and looked bored. What I did not like is that you have to make the bed yourself - come on! I hate that, that's not so hard for housekeeping to do.

• 26th Oct 2013
  • All Male Group, 25-30

MushRooms

Budapest, Hungary

Sometimes it is staff what makes the stay nice and this is the case. Andrea, the owner, is not only very friendly and helpful, but also very pretty. :) This "hostel" is basically a private apartment with three rooms. We stayed in a 4bed room which consists of 1 double a 2 single beds. It has a tiny bathroom. The place looks a bit old and grey but also thanks to its location it's enough for a overnight stay. It can get a bit noisy but value reflects price.

• 7th Aug 2013
  • Czech Republic

Great hostel, a little difficult to find (as everything here:)), rooms were basic, we really appreciated lockers. Absolutely best is the roof terrace with seating with marvelous view over see and whole city, it's a nice place to hang out, drink, smoke sisha or whatever. Breakfast is basic, local bread with jam and whatever you prepare yourself. Big thank to the staff, they are good guys, they helped us with planning the whole stay, arranging for taxi etc. Recommend for sure!

• 13th Apr 2013

Hostel B&B&B

Santander, Spain

Very pleasant stay, at this time there was almost nobody so I had room just for myself. The location is perfect, just a few steps from the bus and railway station and right in the center. Staff were great, all of them were fun, helpful, easygoing. Both room and bathroom were 100% clean at all times, I liked it. Breakfast was small, classic hostel-style but sufficient. I liked the view from the common room to the sea, I totally recommend!

• 8th Mar 2013

City Hostel

Kaunas, Lithuania

Really worth the money, 10 euros for bed, free taxi from the airport and a breakfast, you can't refuse that. Location pretty good, close to the old town. It's quite small hostel though, just a few rooms. Not really for partying, more for peaceful stay, but nightlife opportunities close in town. Rooms have good lockers, were absolutely clean. Breakfast typical hostel-style. Entrance looks terrible but dont get turned off. Overall, value for money, good choice.

• 15th Oct 2012
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Sleep in Heaven

Copenhagen, Denmark

I honestly expected much more than that. It's an old industrial building, rooms look like military quarters, far from what I would describe modern. Don't check in between 7 and 8 pm because it's happy hour and guests coming to get the beer have priority before those checking in (what the hell was that??), so you will be asked to wait...otherwise staff is good, friendly. Quite a lot of activities are available, everything paid, except for free tours. Overall, not enough for what you pay...

• 15th Aug 2012

Hotel Centrale

Venice, Italy

regular hotel,not really for individual travellers or backpackers,location quite good,bus stop is really next to the hotel,plus there is a grocery store right next to it, staff wasnt good, they werent really pleasant, rooms were small but fine, clean. Housekeeping was done every day. Overall, it was OK, but nothing special. Plus, there is no swimming pool as it's said on hostelworld.

• 19th Jun 2012
  • Czech Republic

People, this is the one. I have stayed in more that 25hostels so far,but this is most probably the top pick. I really liked everything, starting with environment, great chillout zone, fussball, cheap drinks, cool helpful staff, modern rooms, 100% clean bathrooms, comfy beds, well working wifi, location perfect, and overall, super cheap rooms. Many activities, free tours, opportunity to talk to other travellers. Recommend!!! Dear hostelworld, more of such hostels, please!

• 6th Jun 2012
  • Czech Republic

Thank you!!!! Hope to see you soon back at the ONE80°! :-)

When I arrived in here at 11pm, it took more than 10mins to check in as staff made three phone calls in the meantime,staff were kind of negative, wifi didnt work most of the time even though I was told a technician is going to fix it, breakfast was nice though and whole environment was fine. Hostel is not very friendly for individual backpackers who want to share experience with other travellers as there are big groups set up. I would need more space to write a solid review, too bad.

• 4th Jun 2012
  • Czech Republic

Hey Michal, We´re very sorry, if you had to wait some minutes when you checked in. Sometimes it can be a little bit busy at the reception. If you travel alone, the guestkitchen is usually a good place to meet other people. You can cook there, watch TV and wash your clothes and many people like to hang out there. It´s only for the backpackers, so the schoolgroups don´t go there. We would love to welcome you again one day. Your Meininger Staff

YHA Cambridge

Cambridge, England

As there are no more other options in cambridge, this is the most convenient place to stay overnight. Location close to railway station, not so close to the centre. Rooms were good, I stayed in 4bed dorm. Staff okay, quite helpful. What I really liked was an English breakfast (buffet style) for just 5 pounds. Bathrooms were clean. I really missed free internet/wifi connection, 24h access costs 5 pounds. Overall, I recommend.

• 30th Apr 2012

Moon Hostel - Warsaw

Warsaw, Poland

Even though there is no breakfast, that's how I picture a hostel. Really nice pleasant atmosphere, modern, kitchen very good, various activities, wifi worked well, clean all the time, staff great. Only concern is about temperature in the room, it was a bit cold even though heating was on, but that might be cause there was -12 degrees outside. Nothing else to add, I recommend!

• 12th Feb 2012

Central Hostel Riga

Riga, Latvia

Quite average stay, we didnt really have any problems, staff are good, only concern is about temperature in the rooms, it was a bit cold even when heating was on max, wifi worked only in the lobby and internet on the computer was superslow, breakfast was typical hostel-style: toast bread, jam and some spread, juice & tea.Location good, overall: nothing special but okay, dont know if there is any better hostel in Riga. Plus I remember-a towel provided was dirty, but I used mine anyway.

• 10th Feb 2012

Vita Nova

Amsterdam, Netherlands

This was awesome!I stayed for NYE,by far cheapest option on hostelworld.Great atmosphere, yeah i wouldnt probably recommend it to my 70-year old grandparents as rooms have 2x2 metres, showers 1x1 but come on, you're on a boat!Breakfast was very rich, I liked that.The guy who takes care of the botel is cool,fun, opened a few bottles of champagne at NYE midnight, gave everyone some peanuts and salads :) Location is good, easy to find. Great value, I can imagine coming back.

• 30th Dec 2011

360 Hostel Centro

Madrid, Spain

Honestly didnt like my stay at all, it's more "party hostel", while i preffered to rest a little during my stay. Location is only good thing about it, it wasnt very clean, staff was poor, did not have change for 50 euros, didnt tell us anything about the hostel (check-out, where, what...), didnt even give us bed linen, so I slept in my sleeping bag. My in-room locker was broken. I was with a friend but we were put to seperate rooms. Perhaps take a look somewhere else...

• 26th Sep 2011

HI-Vancouver Central

Vancouver, Canada

I stayed both in HI and Samesun right across the street so I can compare. I must stay I liked Samesun much more. HI is much older building, rooms were not that clean, overall character was quite poor. They have a lot of activities though as every HI. I appreciated an elevator as I had a lot of luggage, breakfast was very rich, wide choise-I liked that. Location is good, staff just average, someone can use ISIC discount. If you can choose,stay in Samesun, it's more lively, more fun...

• 17th Sep 2011

HI-Whistler

Whistler, Canada

Very nice hostel, everything was perfect except for the location. We had car so we didnt have any problems but for those who travel by bus it sucks...it's very far from the village. Otherwise it was clean,peaceful,a lot of activities offered, all for reasonable money. ISIC discount for students was very pleasant...i would totally stay here again (if i had car)

• 15th Sep 2011
  • Czech Republic

It was quite a good stay, but I am not very excited either. Staff were great, i apprecited parking next to the hostel just for 10 bucks a day, otherwise what really sucked was to carry all my heavy luggage to fourth floor to my room. It really was a bit noisy, even in rooms further from the main road. Room were very small, basically no space to put suitcase or backpack. Rooms and bathrooms however were very clean. Location quite good too. As I did not find anything cheaper, it'd stay again.

• 13th Sep 2011
  • Czech Republic

We're glad you thought the staff was great, you liked our parking and that the rooms and bathrooms were clean! On behalf of Ocean Island, I'm really sorry to hear you carried your luggage up to the fourth floor by yourself! We do our best to help people with their luggage (especially if they're on the top floor), so I don't know we didn't help with your luggage! If the front desk is really busy, we might ask you to wait a bit. Please so ask us next time, and we'll be sure to carry it up for you. Regarding noise, we are downtown so there is some noise, but we have soundproofed the walls as much as possible. We also have larger rooms (try a Standard or Deluxe Double room).

Dreamcatcher Hostel Ltd

Golden, Canada

I really enjoyed stay in this family owned hostel with magical friendly environment, staff are very friendly, helped us with everything we needed, they gave us a small tour round the hostel. Kitchen and common area are very well equiped. wifi connection great in the rooms.Hostel is very well located, Sobeys supermarket is just next to it, rooms were very pretty, comfy linen and it was all for reasonable money. I recommend to all travelers...

• 11th Sep 2011

HI-Calgary City Centre

Calgary, Canada

Very nice hostel, friendly staff, rooms and bathrooms 100% clean (even at 2am), beds were quite wide and comfortable, breakfast was typical hostel-style, good - only concern about feeding the food, at about 9am when there were most people, everyone took bread and some juice and there was no more for quite long time...it was a little noisy due to construction works near to the hostel but it's not hostel's fault of course...as there is nothing cheaper in town, it's definitely N.1 choice...

• 7th Sep 2011
  • Czech Republic

Thanks for the review. We will monitor the breakfast more closely and replenish the food as needed. Hope to see you again soon. Best regards, Jason Wong, Manager

Very nice stay, enjoyed so much. I stayed in 4bed dorm, staff very friendly, breakfast was quite good too, location is perfect, you can walk to all the places in downtown, budget eats are very close too. bathrooms were clean, they took good care of them. And to say something negative-there is no elevator so if you have two or three pieces of luggage like me, you will enjoy climbing stairs :) but overall very good atmosphere

• 20th Jun 2011
  • Czech Republic

he speaks the truth. we have no elevator. ladies, we'll help you with your bags up the stairs. guys, you'll have to ask a bit nicer. cheers pete

Hostel One Sants

Barcelona, Spain

Fine stay, I would stay here again, close to Sants station so good for quick overnight stay, three floor building, i had a reservation for 6bed but provided us 4bed dorm, breakfast was 2,5EUR and it was worth it, toast bread with jam, cocoa cream, cereals, muffin&croissant and juice/tea/coffee, rooms were small but fine, lockers big enough (bring your own padlock), bathroom&toilet on each floor, wifi @ lobby, 4 comps with net,worked well and staff friendly, recommend

• 26th Jan 2011

Unity Traveller Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

Perfect stay in a friendly calm atmosphere, staff is amazing, took a sample care of us, always helpful, rooms are very pretty, breakfast great, not just terrible toast bread and jam but rich choice, 2 comps+wifi available,worked well. Bathrooms always clean. One little negative, it was a bit cold at night, but otherwise very nice, will stay here again..recommend and thx

• 23rd Jan 2011
  • Czech Republic

Very pleasant stay, very nice located, rooms and bathrooms are clean and looked new, breakfast was fine,typical, toast bread,jam,muffin, juice and tea/coffee, staff were okay, 4 computers with net and wifi worked excellent too, I totally recommend staying here..

• 12th Jan 2011

Albergue Zaragoza Hostel

Zaragoza, Spain

i was contented, very nice location,staff friendly and helpful,breakfast typical for a hostel (toast bread, jam, juice, cereals) but good,2 computers with internet downstairs, i stayed in a 6bed dorm,it was clean, lockers perfect, bathrooms clean too, so nothing to complain about...

• 10th Jan 2011
  • Czech Republic

Stayed in twin bed private ensuite,i was nice, room was very big, beds comfy, lockers in room, security in general was perfect, however bathroom was tiny, and not really clean. Breakfast was awesome,such a big choise of foods and drinks. Location was ok, i walked to the center, it can be 20 minutes maybe, free internet and wifi, i totally recommend staying here...

• 19th Nov 2010

London Backpackers

it's was just ok, location both good and bad, far from city center but very close to tube station, i stayed in 6bed dorm, wasn't very clean, no shelves, table or wardrobe or anything to put things or clothes on, no lockers in room, breakfast was average, toast bread with jam or ham/cheese and cornflakes...bathrooms were quite clean, no problem with that, there are 2 comps with free internet, free-wifi available too, it was average, definitely stayed in better and worse...

• 12th Nov 2010

Smart Russell Square

Very average hostel but worth of money spent, I stayed in 21 bed dorm with very little space, three beds up, beds were short (i have 183cm), showers were really far but it wasnt that bad, breakfast only cornflakes with milk and toasts with jam,nothing more...location quite good, close to the tube, internet 1 pound per 30min, free linen...it was normal stay, i was in worse but better but for those 12 pounds it\'s ok..enjoy

Anker Hostel

Oslo, Norway

Quite expensive but among cheaper in norway, no security lockers in room, linen for rent, breakfast for 55 NOK but I didnt have it. I stayed in room for 8, rooms are quite small, but bathroom inside, I didnt use any of hostel entertainment but i could see fussball, tv, internet. Overall i would stay again because of its price in comparison with other hostels)

Cityhostel Berlin

Berlin, Germany

I was alone at 4bed mixed dorm, everything perfect, they charged me even less then I should have paid, so 14EUR per night and tasty breakfast included. Location is nice,u-bahn right next to hostel, staff were friendly, i will definitely stay in this one again...:)

Cityhostel Berlin

Berlin, Germany

Best hostels I have ever stayed in, best price-performance ratio,we had a reservation at 8bed room but they offered us 6bed at the same price, rooms are new, breakfast nice, location perfect, I have no other comments

Hotel Yasha

Luxembourg City, Luxembourg

Good stay there, but for me not that easy to find, it\'s surely more than 20metres from Gare Centrale,but location good,rooms were small but clean,i have stayed in better hotels for lower price, breakfast quite good but better to arrive early,they dont suply more food. Rolls,croissants with cheese,salami,nutella,jam; cornflakes, and tee,coffee,juice,water and milk. A supermarket is very close to the hotel. Staff were not special but fair.

STF/IYHF Skeppsholmen

Stockholm, Sweden

It was just average, staff were nothing special. Room was pretty small, showers in the corridor - you could not even lock yourself - but clean. It was quite warm inside. Disadvantage is certainly that you have to pay for bed linen and another 50 sek per night if you\'re not a member of that IYHF or whatever. I did not have a breakfast so I can\'t tell. Location is good as well as free use of computers with tourist information, you have to pay for internet. To sum up, just an average.