Reviews: sharontanxh291

Lebo's Soweto Backpackers

Johannesburg, South Africa

I had a great time at Lebo's, spending a total of 3 evenings there. I liked + Soweto Location + Arrangement of shuttles for visits Some positive suggestions: - Inform re cost of airport transfers - Warn guests abt late-night loud music on party nights - Involve guests in the social work and soccer training/vision - Install a dedicated room/lock for luggage - Create and distribute maps of local businesses/shops for locals and guests alike - Train all staff to be friendly and informative

• 15th Jun 2013
  • Singapore

Great service. Clean, fast, efficient. Helped me with my laundry, picked me up from the airport, called a taxi for me to the airport. Quiet. One the first day I was in a 6-bed room by myself, which was awesome. On a hill - don't underestimate the altitude in climbing the hill. But, the climb gives Samay Wasi a great sense of isolation and safety. I felt right at home in there. The staff speaks English well enough (hola, Judith at the counter). They made me breakfast at 3.30AM.

• 13th Dec 2012

Salve Hostel

Kiev, Ukraine

Host was nice, let us check in early although our beds weren't ready yet and kept our luggage in her room. Made tea for us, gave us suggestions on where to go based on the maps pasted on the wall. A little difficult to find - we followed signs for 'one step' hostel thinking that perhaps the hostel was in a step, they happen to be in the same building. Very well located, very clean and comfortable beds, we slept like babies. Very very good value for money!

• 13th Dec 2011

Godzillas Suzdal

Suzdal, Russia

It might have been hard to find when we arrived from Vladimir in the late evening had the instructions on the hostel's site (in EL) not been impeccable and easy to follow. When we arrived, the lady at the counter was welcoming, processed our registration quickly and led the way to our rooms rapidly. She introduced us to Suzdal with the help of a map and picture descriptions in EL- making things very easy to identify. Great group of students who shared their supper and warm conversation with us.

• 22nd Oct 2011
  • Singapore

Staff were helpful even though they were unfriendly and rigid about rules like no sleeping on the couch. There's no food nearby, no late bites except a 24-hour convenience store 7 blocks down the road. Domino's in the area stood our delivery order up. Showers are pleasant, place is big and can accommodate a lot of people, albeit too many. You'll feel this because everyone's in the common area, where the internet is the strongest. It's nothing awesome but it works as a crash pad, relatively clean.

Taipei BackPackers

Taipei, Taiwan

Squeezy as hell, though. Hard beds. Super-nice staff, very good at recommending places to go and things to see/eat. Good price as well, great location.