Reviews: xananactu3303

Location: Canada, Gender: Male, Age: 36

Mombasa Backpackers

Mombasa, Kenya

I stayed there for New Years 2014 and it was great. The staff are really friendly, and the big common area makes it easy to meet fellow travelers. The pool is a huge bonus, and I was in there alot. It's sociable without being too loud, and the cooks make a damn good spanish omelette. I'll definitely be going back.

Odyssee Globetrotter Hostel

Berlin, Germany

I stayed in a 22 bed dorm for a few days and it was great. You get a decent amount of privacy, clean bathrooms and friendly staff.

A great place close to the city. Good facilities and clean. Nice big lounge area for meeting other people and it never got too loud at night. Fast WiFi too.

Promised Land Lodge

Zanzibar, Tanzania

It's a great place. A little out of the way (south west of Zanzibar) but it was an amazing stay. There's hammocks everywhere, overlooking the water, great for relaxing. THe staff are friendly and really helpful with questions about Zanzibar. They even had WiFi, a real rarity on Zanzibar. We'd definitely stay here again.

Apple Hotel & Konferens

Gothenburg, Sweden

We specifically booked a room with a double bed and when we got there, they gave us a room with two singles. They said they only have one double room in the whole hotel, but we could have a single room with a double bed in it for the same price. It seemed kind of shady. The place was hard to find, in an industrial district. Not a bad hotel if you need a cheap place to sleep while passing through Gothenburg I guess but we won't stay there again.

Gotalv

Gothenburg, Sweden

Not a place to stay for a romantic getaway. We requested a double bed and instead got two singles beds. The walls are very thin and you can hear everything. No toilet paper in the toilet, beds are hard and they only accept cash. It would be a good place to stay if you were in Gothenburg to party and needed a cheap room. .

Great place, not far from downtown. I'd highly recommend it.

• 25th Feb 2012
  • Scotland

Backpackers Citihostel

Dublin, Ireland

Make sure you have the right change, as they don't keep any on hand. No clean towels either when I was there. No computer at the front desk, so they had no record of my reservation.

Anandamayi Hostel & Hotel

Bogota, Colombia

A great hostel. I left after two days to be closer to the convention I was attending, but ended up coming back, after a day, for two more days. The building is amazing, very old, and the area is full of character.