Reviews: mosrednA

Location: Netherlands, Gender: Male, Age: 29

Nice little place. The staff was very welcoming at arrival which left a great first impression. They helped me carry my bag all the way to the 3rd (japanese 4th) floor where my room was. Good atmosphere, had a good time hanging out here in the evening. Only reason I rated location as good instead of excellent is because it's kind of a long walk from the station. Aside from that the location is great. I really recommend this place when staying in Nagasaki!

• 23rd Apr 2014

The owner, Takatani-san is my hero in Japan. He is a really nice guy and got great advice on the city. When I lost my wallet in the city during my 1-day visit, he did everything in his power get my wallet back. Without him I'm sure I'd never got the wallet back (found 4 days later). He even offered to lend me some money so I could eat for the day. Thank you so much!

• 20th Apr 2014

SPA Hostel Khaosan Beppu

Beppu Spa City Oita, Japan

Great atmosphere and staff. Had a fun night there with some fellow travelers. Walkable from the station but kind of tricky to find at first. For Japanese standards not that clean but still pretty decent. The Onsen in the hostel is awesome! The other bathing facilities... not that much. Cold shower which didn't work that well. Not that much toilet facilities. I still recommend staying here while visiting Beppu. It's a nice place. Beppu itself can be pretty boring though.

• 17th Apr 2014

Great hostel. Way better then all the Khaosan hostels I've visited in Japan. Had two great nights here. Really good atmosphere because the dorm rooms aren't really fit to hang out (which is a good thing!) everybody goes to the common room downstairs. Really recommend this place for your stay in Hiroshima!

• 15th Apr 2014

Nice and clean hostel. Good location near the Geisha district and everything. Atmosphere in the common room could be better though. Not much talking or socializing there. There were a lot of families/older people there hanging around during my visit. I stayed in Kyoto too long (6 days) 4 days is more then enough. Best way to go around Kyoto is by bike. I REALLY recommend getting one!

• 8th Apr 2014

Khaosan Tokyo Ninja

Tokyo, Japan

Don't get the rating wrong!! The staff at the reception was great. Nice people, spoke good English and were really helpful. Some of the temporary staff members however... The (autistic?) guys who just hung out in the basement the whole day, watching movies were kind of an atmosphere breaker. They seemed completely uninterested about other travelers. Not really welcoming for a solo traveler to hang around there. I made most social contacts at the dorm room. The capsule beds are a great choice btw

• 1st Apr 2014

Boomerang Hostel

Antwerp, Belgium

You get what you pay for. The old building is cool, could use some renovations (scary stairs). Secured storage but no lockers. Apart from the friendly Asian woman who welcomed us, it was kind of hard to tell who were part of the staff. It's confusing and awkward. I've rated Staff "Good" cause of the friendly woman though. The lobby is OK to hang out, we played games and drank some beer. The beds are kinda squeeky so you hear people moving in their beds. One of our beds had a broken bottom.

• 12th Aug 2010

Lagan Backpackers

Belfast, Northern Ireland

We loved our short trip to Belfast. William is an awesome guy: really helpful and a lot of fun to hang out with. He's like the really cool uncle from South Africa you never had. He really made our stay a pleasant one. Thanks for the Whiskey, Sprinkbok shots and everything else! You were a great host! Highly recommended.