Hostel City Central Old Town

Dubrovnik, Croatia

We had a great stay. Nemo sat us down with a drink and showed us places to go on the map and was realistic with things we could fit in with our time there. Really appreciated all his advice and the time he took to do this. We had a lovely room and ensuite, more like staying in an apartment than in a hostel which suited us.

Hostel Heart of Sarajevo

Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

I wish the staff wouldn't smoke in the kitchen. It makes the whole hostel stink of smoke.

Jazz Hostel & Apartments

Bled, Slovenia

It's about five mins from the bus station side of town, so a little way out which can be a bonus- much closer to the castle. Jani (owner) was very friendly and helpful and can help you organise anything. I was stay here again.

Hostel Meyerbeer Beach

Nice, France

Our private room was really nice and cleaned daily which was super. The common room was really small and cramped in with reception and kitchen.

Pickled Parrot Backpackers

Paihia, New Zealand

Rooms are really small, but the common room and BBQ area make up for it.

• 31st Dec 2012

YHA Cambridge

Cambridge, England

Typical YHA. Clean, good staff, good value.

Phoenix Hostel

Not somewhere I'd choose to stay again.

11th Hour Hostel and Cinema

Budapest, Hungary

We enjoyed our stay here, having a kitchenette was really handy. Our private room was massive- we had bunks all down both sides of the room.

• 1st Dec 2011

Paddy's Palace Belfast

Belfast, Northern Ireland

Perhaps not the cleanest place but the atmosphere makes up for it. Helpful staff.

Kipps Hostel Canterbury

Canterbury, England

A fabulous place to stay

Lots of beds crammed in the dorm but clean and free breaky.

Woodstock Hostel

Paris, France

It's hard to find somewhere good to stay in Paris that is a hostel but I've stayed here twice and its good. Breakfast is 4 stars out of 5.

Bath YMCA

Bath, England

I've never been woken by a hostel manager at 11:30 pm turning on the lights and wanting everyone's names because they might have overbooked... but it did happen at Bath YMCA. Generally tho, staff were friendly, and it is a clean hostel. I didn't meet a heap of single travelers or ppl that wanted to hang out over dinner or a drink and there is no parking, but Bath is an amazing place, and there are heaps of friendly locals or British visitors to meet in the pub. The bunk beds squeek alot but its an alright