Reviews: vickybullett8705

• vickybullett8705
  • England, Couple, 25-30
6.3
12th Feb 2013

This place is not your typical hostel -more like someone's home. The owner was very friendly and talked to us loads. The bedroom door doesn't lock from the outside and the front door was left unlocked - although there were often people in, wouldn't have felt valuables were that secure. Bathroom was nice and another bathroom had just been refurbished, other long-term guests were friendly.

Hi, I don't remember the circumstances surrounding your not being able to lock the room from the outside. I always provide locks with keys for the private rooms. I wish you would have mentioned that to me as a concern and would have taken care of it immediately. We also provide lockers to store your valuables. Someone is always around to keep the place safe. We did have a problem with keys for the new lock on the front door because the store made them incorrectly. We now provide keys for the front door as well.. It's important for us that your needs are attended to here and I'm always open to suggestions. We do list these accommodations as a small guesthouse as opposed to a large hostel as I don't want to mislead anyone. Please accept my apologies if there was anything misleading in the listing. It would be a great help to me and future guests if you could point out to me the errors. I would be more the happy to modify the information to give a more complete and accurate picture. Best regards, Louis

• vickybullett8705
  • British Indian Ocean Territory,
18th Feb 2010

All the reception staff were really friendly and David in particular was great with tips and directions. The hostel is right by the sky train, spotrlessly clean and has a great bar! Would definitely stay here again!