Reviews: ahess49

Location: USA, Gender: Male, Age: 32

BoutiQuito Design Hostel

Quito, Ecuador

A bit out of the way, but everything else is excellent. The beds are unbelievably comfortable for a hostel. They say, "you will be back" and they aren't exaggerating. :-p

Andes Hostel

Santiago, Chile

Great value and good location. The street noise is a bit loud, but that is the sacrifice for a great value and great spot.

Kona Tau

Easter Island, Chile

You can't ask for much better value in an expensive location like Easter Island.

Hostel Adlafken

Valparaiso, Chile

There was a mixup with my booking and they took great care of me. There is not much English spoken, but it was still fine to get by and the staff were wonderful hosts in a beautiful old house in the hills.

H Rado Hostel

Santiago, Chile

Tango Hostel

Cordoba, Argentina

Nice place with helpful staff.

Mango Chill

Puerto Iguazu, Argentina

Great hostel that was extremely helpful in setting up all needs for traveling to the falls. I sent several friends there afterwards. Manu and Alex are great!

Rayuela Hostel Boutique

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Incredibly comfortable hostel with extremely understanding staff. I had some issues and came in very late and had to wake someone up, but they were very compassionate and nice considering my rudeness at waking them up so late. A wonderful hostel that is worth going back to BA for in and of itself.

Pariwana Hostel Cusco

Cusco, Peru

Very atmospheric, comfortable hostel. I can't say anything bad about my multiple stays there.

Great hostel!

Mamas & Papas Hostel

Gdansk, Poland

I considered this less of a hostel stay and more like a home stay. Mama and Papa were extremely hospitable and made me feel like part of the family. I was only there a day but, if I had more time, I would have stayed much longer. They are truly genuine people who definitely love meeting and welcoming people from around the world. It was one of the most genuinely welcoming vibes I have felt in my many years of traveling around the world. Thank you!!!

Do Re Mi Vilnius Hostel

Vilnius, Lithuania

Beautiful hostel in a wonderful city. Extremely comfortable.

Zostel Jaipur Hostel

Jaipur, India

Absolutely amazing hostel! I highly recommend staying at all of the Zostel chain. I was having some challenges in India with hostels being helpful until I made it to a Zostel. The staff was exceptional at both that I stayed at and helped turn around my time in India.

Very hospitable staff who was very helpful arranging transportation.

It is a little difficult to get into and out of town, and that is the only downside.however, for me personally, it was great to escape back to this hostel, which was like an oasis of sanity in the chaos of the city.

Thank you so much for your wonderful review, Adam! We are happy to know that you enjoyed our hostel and found it to be a great oasis to escape the chaos. We're constantly working on improving our services & facilities and we will be looking forward to welcome you on your next visit to the holy city to offer you an even better hostelling - and now even Bistro - experience! ~ The ITH Team!

Khangsar Guest House

Kathmandu, Nepal

The staff were amazing and a great resource for booking trekking, however, the facilities were lacking. It is not very clean and the power is frequently off, making it extremely hot in the summer. You are better off paying a bit more for a hotel with better backup generators. They also encourage people to leave 100% reviews and! since they are so nice, it is difficult to not oblige and to be more honest.

Humble Footprints

Yangon, Myanmar

Great hostel!

Lovely Jubbly Place

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

The staff were extremely nice. My friend got robbed on the street nearby and the staff member went to the police station with her to help her file a report when the local police were unwilling to help. Be safe in Phnom Penh and take Tuk Tuks.the hostel is not in a bad area, the people on the streets are just opportunistic. There were 6 of us there and that did not stop them. The hostel, itself, was great.

The Siem Reap Hostel

Siem Reap, Cambodia

Fantastic hostel. One of the best places I have stayed anywhere in the world.

LPQ Backpackers Hostel

Luang Prabang, Laos

The main lady running the hostel is really nice, but the night watchman is extremely rude. Everyone that I talked to had similar experiences where he caused them problems. You can find better options once you get there for a better price.

Jade Hotel

Hue, Vietnam

Fantastic staff that make you feel very welcomed at a great price. If you want a respite from the dorm lifestyle stay here. You won't regret it!

Hanoi Old Town Hotel

Hanoi, Vietnam

Great location, helpful staff, and comfortable room!

Wada Hostel in Guilin

Guilin, China

Absolutely perfect hostel, by fsr the best in China. The girls are amazing and the atmosphere is awesome. Booked the Rice Terrace tour through them and it was perfect. Do yourself a favor and stay here!

Green Forest Hostel

Yangshuo, China

Wifi is spotty and the directions for getting there are horrible. Otherwise, a nice place to stay. Very new and clean.

Yamen Hostel

Pingyao, China

Great place to spend your time in Pingyao!

Dragon King Hostel

Beijing, China

Wifi was very spotty but, otherwise, an excellent hostel. Very helpful staff.

Sydney Hostel

Amman, Jordan

Cordoba Bed and Be

Cordoba, Spain

El Granado

Granada, Spain

Cape Town Backpackers

Cape Town, South Africa

I cannot say enough great things about this hostel. Great location, secure, excellent staff, hot shower, and shockingly comfortable bed. I met so many interesting people in the hostel bar over the course of my 4 days that it made me sad to go home. I have been at hostels all over the world and Cape Town Backpackers is among the best! To be fair, the wifi is spotty, but there are Internet caf├ęs close by and this is a minor trifle. I work over the internet and I was still able to get my work done.

HI-Baltimore Hostel

Baltimore, USA

**DO NOT BOOK THIS HOSTEL THROUGH HOSTELWORLD** When I arrived I was told that they had no record of my booking and that there were no more beds available for the 2nd night. Also, they stated that the price was much higher than was listed on this site. They blamed both problems on hostelworld, but the more I think about it, the more it is also their responsibility to ensure that the prices and availability are correct on the site. As for the hostel. Fine, but not worth the price.

Cambie Hostel - Gastown

Vancouver, Canada

I have mixed feelings about this place, so I will mention both the good and the bad: The good Excellent location- Great access to public transportation and in a good part of town for going out. The breakfast- was by far the best value for a meal that I had in Vancouver. The facilities The bad: The staff- This was the worst experience with a staff I have had (only the girl was helpful). I was unable to get a single question answered effectively. YOU WORK IN A HOSTEL...KNOW YOUR AREA!!!!!

HI-Lake Louise

Banff, Canada

In&basic Hostel Lounge

San Jose, Costa Rica

Excellent value and super friendly. I hope to stay there again!

Pineapple Park Kona

Kailua-Kona, USA

A little off the beaten path, but it was a fantastic value. My one recommendation is that, if you come to the big island, make sure that you rent a car! The bus only runs to the airport once a day and it doesn't run on Sundays. That is not the fault of the hostel, though, and you would need a car regardless of where you stay. Annie is really helpful and I truly enjoyed my trip!

Hippo Hostel

Budva, Montenegro

Sunrock

Corfu, Greece

It is the perfect location if you want to relax and have an amazing beach. It is far out of town, though, and difficult to get anywhere. That is a relatively minor complaint and you can always rent a scooter or a car, but it was a source of frustration. Even so, it is an amazing value for the money!

SR Backpackers

Saranda, Albania

Tomi is awesome! A truly great host!

SunnyLakeHostel

Ohrid, Macedonia

Amazing expereince. Great location, really clean, amazing staff...it is difficult to get much better!

Phoenix Hostel

Veliko Tarnovo, Bulgaria

A great place to stay in a great town. Nick and Cathy are great hosts in every sense of the word!

Raise a Smile Hostel Berlin

Berlin, Germany

Excellent staff, great atmosphere, and cool group events. You can't get much better in a big city.

Fulir Hostel Zagreb

Zagreb, Croatia

The girl at reception was awesome. She helped me save 30 euros on a train ticket by letting me know to buy it that morning instead of the next day.

Residence Rooms

Budapest, Hungary

The staff was excellent.

Ai Quattro Canti

Palermo, Italy

Really cool place to stay. They organize group dinners and parties. It is a really good way to get to know everyone else who is staying there. The staff is also really good. Highly recommended!

Carpe Noctem Vitae

Budapest, Hungary

Excellent staff.

Fluxus Hostel

Ljubljana, Slovenia

The staff was amazing. Vanya is the best!

Hostel Ruthensteiner Vienna

Vienna, Austria

The staff was extraordinarily helpful and the atmosphere was fun without being rowdy. I had a fantastic expereince.

Tourist Hotel Lucerne

Lucerne, Switzerland

I can't say enough about the recommendations made by the staff! Very highly recommend!