Reviews: douglasgledhill1699

Books Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Books Hostel is the place to go if you're looking to meet other young people traveling and go party! The central living area always has people in the evenings and everyone is drinking at the bar until midnight, when they head out to hit the party scene in Lapa. Not the best place to go if you're looking for a chill, quiet couple of days, but some of the Brazilians there are pretty chill. Breakfast is excellent and the facilities are quite good, although I did hear complaints about bedbugs.

• 23rd May 2013

Hello Douglas, Thanks for your review. Was a good judment about our services in general. About the bed bugs, like you all know, they come with travelers. We'd already hired a company to fix it, and it is all good! No problems!

Liberty Hotel Paris

Paris, France

Not a bad place, but not great either. I just used it to crash for a night because it was close to the Metro line I needed to be on to get to the airport. Not a bad experience per se, but not a good one either.

Liberty Guest House

Luang Prabang, Laos

It's not a very social hostel, at least not when I was there, but it's a wonderfully managed quiet spot to chill and the staff is really helpful.

Little Hanoi Hostel

Hanoi, Vietnam

The concierge staff was awesome, but used some funny English phrases that were pretty amusing.

• 29th Sep 2012

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

We really enjoyed our stay at Yesinnspace! Four of us stayed there in two double rooms for 10 days very comfortably. The rooms were clean, the internet connection was good and the beds were soft! The mini-fridge and the airconditioning were also great. The staff is helpful and the location is pretty good. It's not in the middle of everything, but it's close and easy to get to the MTR. I'd definitely stay here again! :)