Location: USA, Age: 28

#bunk beyoglu

Istanbul, Turkey

Great hostel, very clean. Beds were comfortable and had individual electrical outlets. Breakfast was great. Would definitely stay there again.

Jumba Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

I have never felt so welcome at a hostel before. When I first showed up, the sisters greeted me by name and insisted I sit down for tea. Breakfast each morning was great. The bed was very comfortable, well above average for a hostel. Even though I was only there for a few days, I felt like it was my home.

Modern and clean hostel with great bathrooms. Was cold at night though.

NapPark Hostel at Khao San

Bangkok, Thailand

Solid hostel. Very clean and modern with good security. Facilities were above average with good bathrooms and computers in the common area.

Aoi Garden Home

Chiang Mai, Thailand

Great hostel, both the rooms and bathroom were very clean. Very cool bar with garden setting.

Bodega Phuket

Phuket, Thailand

Typical hostel. Beds are uncomfortable and bathroom was sketch.

YHA London Oxford Street

Very clean and great location. Awesome check-in staff too!

Jollyboys Backpackers

Livingstone, Zambia

Typical hostel. Shower did not work all the time and the drain was clogged. Staff was underwhelming. We paid for a Jollyboys airport transfer, which left late, and when we got there I asked the driver to drop us at the domestic terminal. He parked in the parking lot and said, "You can walk." The bright spot was the bar food. Relatively cheap and really good. Also, having air conditioning in the room was nice.

Thank you for your comments and we will certainly look into all the points that you have made. Though the domestic terminal is within a few meters of the international one, our driver should have assisted in helping with your luggage if he was not able to park there. Air conditioning certainly is a bonus with the heat in Livingstone! Happy travels and we hope to host you again in Livingstone to show our improved service!

New Peking Guest House

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

I would definitely stay here again. In addition to being very clean and safe, the manager is great. Every room has an LCD TV, free internet, a refrigerator, and its own water heater. You will not go wrong with this place!

London House Hotel

This place is a legit hotel. Soft, comfortable beds and pretty clean. The TV only gets about 5 channels, but it's still nice to have. The bathroom was great and the shower was excellent. Always strong pressure and very hot water. More expensive than a typical hostel, but it's worth it.

YHA London Central

This place was pretty clean and has a big kitchen with refrigerators in the basement which is nice. My 4 bed room was really small and awkwardly shaped. It's tough to find room to put all your stuff and it takes a long time to get ready in the morning. No free wifi is a shortcoming since most legit hostels have that now. Staff is mediocre.

This place is big, clean, and has a legit bar/restaurant which is convenient. The showers are annoying though. You have to push in this knob and the water runs for 30 seconds and shuts off. So to take a normal shower you have to constantly be pushing in this knob so the water won't stop. I would stay here again though, compared to all the sketchy places you could stay in Paris this place is pretty good.

Hostel de l'Etoile

Marseille, France

This place is legit, and the family that runs it is great. Our room was really big. The metro and the bus actually make it pretty easy to get to. My only disappointment is that the wifi did not work with my iPhone, it woulddn't even recognize a signal. My iPhone connected to other wifi signals on my trip fine though. The manager offered to let me use their laptop if I wanted, which was really nice. Great customer service.

Check-in was sketchy because the numbers I was supposed to call weren't working so random people had to let me in. After that though everything was legit. It was pretty clean and close to the Metro. Refrigerator was available for use. Bathroom was really nice.