Reviews: docwooley5481

Transit Alexandria

Alexandria, Egypt

This was a repeat visit for me. I like this hostel very much. It is in a very convenient location with everything "downtown" in easy walking distance. Many shopping sites and restaurants are nearby. Very comfortable beds with firm mattresses. Bed linens were clean. The room was free of insects. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I had an ensuite bathroom. The only difficulty worth mentioning is that often the water pressure was not sufficient to take a decent shower.

Transit Alexandria

Alexandria, Egypt

If you are looking for the Hilton - look elsewhere. But if you are looking for a very comfortable place to stay in a location that is close to everything downtown - look no further. Ensuite bathrooms are clean - plumbing works - sheets and bed linens are clean.

Keylany Hotel

Aswan, Egypt

I have been staying at this hotel for more than 15 years. It is clean, feels safe, and the staff are always very accommodating.

Cairo Night Hotel

Cairo, Egypt

The hotel staff was extremely friendly. But the hotel had many shortcomings. No hot water. WiFi stopped working. And even though my reservation called for an ensuite bathroom there were none available. I'm not sure that one of the clerks even knew what the word meant. The price was very reasonable - but I probably will not stay here again.

Alexander Hostel

Cairo, Egypt

The room was air conditioned. This was satisfactory although I would have preferred a room with a balcony - or at least a window. The staff were extremely courteous and friendly.

If you are looking for a five-star Hilton, then perhaps you should look elsewhere. But if you are a budget traveler looking for a comfortable mattress with clean bed linens, this just might be the place for you. The location is good – 10 minute walk from the train or bus station. My room had a balcony, a ceiling fan, an ensuite bathroom and hot water for a shower 24 hours per day. Staff members here were very friendly and accommodating. They can book tours for you – boat rides, balloon rides, etc

Princess Hotel

Luxor, Egypt

I have been staying in budget hotels in Egypt now for 15 years - from Mersa Matroh to El Arish to Luxor and Aswan, Port Said, Cairo and all of the Oases. Luxor is a fun city - easy to get around walking. And the Princess Hotel has to be one of the very best bargains in all of Egypt