Reviews: lea_r

Location: Philippines, Gender: Female, Age: 32

Dragonfly Hostels

Lima, Peru

One of the best hostels I've stayed at in South America. 6-bed female dorm was spacious as well as the shared toilet/shower. It is a chill-out hostel, which was what I was exactly looking for. The toilet/shower at the top floor (for the private rooms) was a little bit cramped, but okay. Very good location in the district of Miraflores. Kudos to the night staff who checked me in, as he was very welcoming and friendly. Sorry I forgot your name. :((

Timbo Posada

Puerto Iguazu, Argentina

Good location as the hostel is very near the bus station and restaurants. Helpful staff.

Iguassu Guest House

Foz do Iguacu, Brazil

They have the best breakfast among all the hostels I have stayed at! Good location - near the bus terminal and a (really big) supermarket. Helpful staff. They need to add at least one more shower though (there was only one shared between multiple rooms/dorms).

Hi Lea! Thank you for your review. We've 4 bathrooms ( toilet and shower ) for share in our hostel.

Hostel Galeria 13

Salvador, Brazil

Best breakfast I've had in South America. Good location. Toilets and showers were a bit cramped.

This is Lisbon Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

Perfect hostel to chill-out and relax. Great view of Lisbon old town from the patio. Grocery nearby. Helpful staff. Good breakfast. Big rooms.

Yes ! Porto Hostel

Porto, Portugal

One of the prettiest and cleanest hostels I have ever stayed at. The beds were big and comfortable. The lockers were big enough to fit your whole backpack and more. Toilets and showers were spacious, clean and there were plenty of hot water. For the non-party animals, request for a room on the top floor away from the bar/reception area. No elevators so be prepared for the climb, you get a really good rooftop view of the city though.

I have stayed at better hostels in Asia, so I don't get all the rave about this hostel (being the best one people have stayed at) but it's a good and economical choice in Waikiki. 4-bed dorm is clean and spacious. They should do something about their customer service. I sent them a mail about checking-in one day earlier and asked whether they could confirm it directly to me or if I need to make a separate booking at hostel world. I called and they said they will reply but never did.

HI Siem Reap

Siem Reap, Cambodia

Perfect location just across the night and old markets. All staff are genuinely nice. They offer free pick-up at the bus station and won't leave even if you don't show up 30 minutes after the bus arrived (because you overslept and still inside the bus). They also offer an array of tours and will gladly arrange for a tuktuk driver should you want to do it on your own (includes complimentary cold water). For a solo traveler, you'd be able to haggle for a cheaper one just outside the market though.

Mushroom Point

Sihanoukville, Cambodia

Mushroom point is located towards the end of Otres Beach. If you are looking for a quiet and relaxing place to stay right at the beach this is perfect. Either hangout at the hammocks on their chill-out area or at the beach-front bar which has a lot of wide and comfy beach chairs. I stayed at their dorm which has really wide beds but tend to get a bit hot even at night. There are 3 desk fans though which are adequate. They serve good breakfast which includes a complimentary fruit bowl and juice.

The Mad Monkey

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

The hostel is located on a nice and quiet neighborhood. The restaurant/chill-out area is open-air which is very relaxing. There are a number of trees within the property which provide good shade and cool breeze from the heat. There are nearby cafes, restaurants and convenience store within the hostel. The riverside is a short tuktuk away (~1-2$). Hangout at the rooftop bar after a day of sightseeing. They close around 10-11PM so you don't have to be concerned about the noise.

Nomads Buddy Oriental Koh Samui

Koh Samui, Thailand

Buddy Oriental Resort is an excellent hotel. Don't go expecting for a hostel-like environment though because you won't get any. Nomads Koh Samui hostel is basically a hotel room with 3 bunk beds. I paid for an 8-person mixed dorm room but was lucky enough to have the room all by myself. They also do regular housekeeping and change the towels. The hotel is about 20-min walk from the main Lamai beach. The cafe (Coffee World) within the resort serves really good coffee (plus reliable internet).

Thanks for the review. We at Nomads are offering budget accommodation in premium resorts. We understand that it is not a hostel as such, but on the upside is you get resort style amenities at backpacker prices. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Safe travels.

Tokyo, Japan

Very good location, just a short walking distance from Asakusa station. Staff were helpful and almost everyone speaks good english. They also have guides available at the front desk which were created by the hostel staff (Japanese slang, directions, recommended food, etc). Dorm room (4-people) was a bit small but has its own private toilet and bath. The triple sharing room was very spacious. Common room is good. Free coffee and internet! I also enjoyed the Hanami party organized by the staff.

Thank you for your comment !! Lovely to hear you liked our guesthouse :) We love talking even our English is not perfect, so it would be pleasure for us to assist you with your trip and even just to talk about Tokyo or anything. We also have a Swedish speaking and a Thai speaking staff at Kabuki. Also, the manager speaks Tagalog too, international hostel indeed :) Maybe it's not the biggest room in Tokyo but we think it's cleanest room, and it's with a private shower and toilet, very happy you also ;) m and got enough space for luggage. Next time please come back to Tokyo in the sakura season again, we will have another hanami party again !! Thank you very much !

6-bed dorm was spacious with large lockers and each bed has it's own light/electric socket. Privacy curtains were also available. We stayed on the third floor were there was only 1 shower/toilet shared between 2 rooms but you could easily go down to the 2nd floor where there are a lot of showers/toilets available. It's a little bit of walk from the main street but once you are there, you could easily hop on to the bus or subway. Common room is very spacious with computers available for free!

Tokyo, Japan

Thank you very much for your stay and wonderful comment!! And it was really nice, we enjoyed Hanami party together!! We put all pictures in our Facebook, so, please try to check it!! And we hope to see again soon!! Matane!!

Tokyo, Japan

Thank you for your stay with us ! We are really happy you could join the Hanami Party becase its a bit hard to get the good seat during the time!!! Hope you got good memories in Tokyo remembering cherry blossom. We hope to see you again! Kabuki Staff

Green Tulip House

Chiang Mai, Thailand

Highly recommended. Staffs are helpful and accommodating. Our room as well as the common areas are very clean. The food is great and reasonably priced. Location is also good - temples are just a short walking distance away. If you want a good night sleep after all the sight-seeing and adventure during the day, definitely stay at this hostel. Thank you Stella and Nine! I look forward to staying with you again!

@Hua Lamphong

Bangkok, Thailand

Recommended especially for those catching the overnight train from Hua Lamphong station. Can be reached easily by the metro from the airport. Food is a bit salty for my taste. They have a shower that guests can use to freshen-up after they check-out. It is a bit difficult to take the stairs as they are narrow and steep. They have a common room at the 2nd floor which really did not count as 2nd floor, so a room on the 4th floor actually means a room on the 5th. Receptionists are very helpful!

Bodega Phuket

Phuket, Thailand

Best place to stay. Staff were cool, friendly and very helpful. Would definitely come back and stay here again.