Reviews: helderweb20005353

Location: USA, Gender: Male, Age: 65

Five Elements Hostel Frankfurt

Frankfurt, Germany

Ok..an oasis in the middle of the red light district, but near train station. Good feeling inside and an opportunity to meet new people. Good turkish food around the corner.

Palace Hostel

Vienna, Austria

OK..it is up on a hill overlooking Vienna. Once you get use to taking the bus up there all is OK. The place has families and young school kids and not a party place. A great way to spend a week in Vienna with a chance to have some calm and see the city from the hill. Mini golf was nice. Thanks to John for getting me a pizza the first night.

Manga hostel

Belgrade, Serbia

Easy to find, knew immediately that I chose the right hostel when Igor greeted me. Room was clean, wifi worked and I had great Turkish coffee whenever I wanted it. Nice to have breakfasts here. Easy to make friends and plan your Belgrade activities. All staff and the owner were so nice to me. My 2 day stay turned into a week. I also had my bus and hostel to Budapest arranged by Igor. I felt at home Manga and will return.

Link Corner Hostel

Bangkok, Thailand

Good place to stay if you do not want to go to the center of Bangkok..... easy to get to airport. Not much of a feeling of a hostel....long way up to my room on 5th floor. Just a feeling that this was not a hostel.

Arty Paris

Paris, France

first time in Paris, ARTY is a good place to meet people, Friday wine and cheese party rocked. A bit out of the way, but a good value...

The wine and cheese night did rock! Glad to know you had a good stay in Paris!

Dubrovnik Backpackers Club

Dubrovnik, Croatia

How lucky to choose this hostel. The best reception I have ever had in a hostel. A real family-run hostel. Milka, the beautiful momma treated us like family. She made eggs, yogurt, french toast every morning and her warmth was incredible. Poppa greeted me with a glass of brandy. The sons took us on little tours of Dubravnik. Stay here and you will never forget it.

Thanks!It was real pleasure to host you! Our reception is not so formal and stuffy like average one, which allow us to really meet you folks, and your needs!3 days minimum maybe sounds strict but it bring us real travelers, who want to socialize and really learn about our city and its incredible beauty, out of mess and overpriced old town. Thank you for enjoying our tour programs! Regards, DBC team

Hostel City Center Sarajevo

Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Good staff, a bit hard to find. Had sleep ruined by fleas in bed. When I told staff I feel nothing was done. Enjoyed the City but would not stay there again. They need to get rid of fleas in rooms. Several other people in room were bitten too.

Istanbul Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

Stayed here because it had good ratings... great place to stay in Istanbul. Roof is a great place to rest after a day running around this great City. Will stay here again.

EDU Hostel Jogja

Yogyakarta, Indonesia

I told the owner..wifi in rooms would make visit more enjoyable, place needs better travel assistance.. not easy to find places and web reservations did not work. Place is beautiful but away from things, not a 5 minute ride from train station... truth!

Six Degrees

Jakarta, Indonesia

Not a bad place to stay if you need to be Jakarta..staff very friendly and helpful

Strawberry Hometel

Manila, Philippines

The wifi did not work, shower lost water, beer was warm...but excellent value for cost..they fixed wifi and that was appreciated..need more hungry cats.

First of all, Merry Christmas! Second, thank you for commenting Strawberry Hometel is "excellent value for cost", we aim to be even better! We are not only affordable and fair in room prices & aircon dorms, we want to be a sweet experience to our travellers like the delicious and healthy strawberry fruit. Did you see the art works by top young Filipino painters on our walls, especially the strawberry-inspired art work? Third and most UNFORGIVABLE, we the management quickly reprimanded our friendly staff for serving you warm beer, that is so horrible and embarrassing!!! We the owners are young travellers, beer and wine lovers too, so can we offer you free cold beer and free dinner the next time you come again here? Please kindly email us? Tell staff to call us the owners, because we owe you not only sincere apology, not only free cold beers, but nice hot dinner too. On the shower, our technician quickly fixed the shower in that one room. All our showers work, and we have hot & cold showers too. Glad you enjoyed the free WiFi here. Again, Merry Christmas! You didn't mention the diverse entertainment, nightlife, arts & culture of our neighborhood here, hope you explored and enjoyed our prime location? Thank you so very much. Our hostel is not cheapest only, but fun prime location that many young tourists, backpackers love to experience. We are continuously improving too. :)

I appreciated that Tom called another hostel in another city and got me a room. This place is located in a good place to reach the places to see in Hiroshima. For some reason my samsung android devices would not work on first floor.

Cheers for the awesome comment Buddy. It was the least I could do. Enjoy the rest of Japan and if you come back this way, then look no further. We would be more than happy to accommodate you :0) Enjoy

A-yado Gion

Kyoto, Japan

Best hostle in Japan..little hard to find..bread in the AM was appreciated

Thank you! We love the word "BEST"! We want to the best for you. Everybody says the bread is very tasty. A local bakery deliverys it everyday. Thank you for staying with us! And thank you for your comment!

easy place to find, staff were around and friendly, dorm room pretty crowded, I guess the upstairs large dorm room would have been better and cheaper to stay in. WIFI is great, deck is nice and this is a no hassle kind of place. Easy to meet people and DJ sent us to the best seafood place I have ever been to. Close to Metro Subway and the University night life. Good place to stay in Seoul

Thankyou!!!!!!!hope you can come here again and have a gooood memory again ^^

Garden Inn

Lijiang, China

Nice international place to stay..internet was good.. Got to meet and eat with Chinese people..had great time

Rick and staff run a great hostel. First time in Beijing and they made it easy for me to see the Opera, acrobats, the great wall, the late Chairman Mao and helped me get train tickets to Xi'an. Going back in a few weeks.

Cebu Guesthouse

Cebu, Philippines

Place was not bad.. not really the kind of place you want to hang out. Shower hot water was broken and light bulb missing outside my door so opening door in dark was difficult. Some staff were helpful.. some should move on to something else . The WiFi worked well. The breakfast was overcooked but the chef is cute. There is a great shop for Pinoy gifts on way to Jollybee on the corner. Place needs some more management. Laundry in-house is very good.

Bohol Guesthouse

Loboc, Philippines

A great location next to a lazy river. A place to telax and there are some great things to do in Loboc..floating resturant, children's band concert, wifi in town. Take a tour of the 400 year old church in town. The simple food was good and of good value. Great place to chill. You can grab a beer a short walk up the road. locals call this Nipa Hut. No TV..no radio just nature. They have an albino python which we got to see eating two chickens. You camotorbike.

Frendz Resort Boracay

Boracay Island, Philippines

This beautiful Island of Boracay, Philippines is a world class vacation spot. It is full of international travellers and expensive hotels. My friend in Manila found this great hostel for me. The place is affordable and a place which is a pleasure to stay at. The staff was great, the facilities basic and food and drink wete not so bad considering the location. The hostel has a nice beach front place with lounge chairs. Sorta like living the high lifr on a budget.

Strawberry Hometel

Manila, Philippines

So happy my Manila friend found this place.. out of the middle of the city. Near bus station. Staff is excellent, ac, TV, and wifi all work. This place is a great value.. going back for the third time. Great place to base your Philippines tour.

Very glad to have American guests like you come here & like our place. Yes, we're not in the traditional touristy areas of Ermita, but we're the new and liveliest entertainment area of Manila! :) We offer tourists & backpackers Good Value by charging Low Rates for Bedrooms & Aircon Dorm Rooms, because we believe Good Quality need not be Too Expensive. We're so happy for your coming here to Strawberry Hometel already 3 times. Welcome back to your home way from home! Our area is just 2 minutes' walk from all kinds of entertainment & fun you can imagine :) Public transport is 24 hours, even the nearby Starbucks Cafe opens up to 3 am in the morning, nowhere else in Manila like this! Clubs, restos, cafes, fastfoods, spas, discos & other places all so near :) Enjoy your life to the fullest here, have a sweet experience at refreshing location & safety of Strawberry Hometel :)

Bobs Bunkhouse

Johannesburg, South Africa

If you are going to SA and would like to ease into it I would recommend Bob's Bunkhouse. It is near the airport and they pick you up there. The location is in the suburbs and not in the city center...that is a good thing. I felt welcome there and they offered day tours to Soweto. Security is very tight ..walls, electric fences and you are locked into your room at night. This was very different from what I am used to. You can walk to a nice pub and a bakery in town. Bob and Joan rock!!

Hotel Astrid

Casablanca, Morocco

Not a bad place to stay.. first 2 nites in Morocco and still in shock. breakfast good and wifi in lobby good. will stay here again in 2 weeks because I am flying out of Casablanca. and large bathtub was great!!

NapPark Hostel at Khao San

Bangkok, Thailand

meet some great people there, the reviews helped me pick this place and I am glad I did.

A Beary Good Hostel

Singapore, Singapore

you can find this place easy, right outside of the Chinatown subway exit. little cramped but a good place to stay in Singapore

Melbourne Metro YHA

Melbourne, Australia

not is city center (which is good), near Victoria Market (which is great)..visit the zoo which is a 20 minute walk... learn to love Tennis as I was there during the Australian Open..joined YHA and they booked my hostel in Perth for me

Freemans lodge

Auckland, New Zealand

not downtown party hostel...you can have a good time here...feels good to walk around inside without your shoes..

Freemans lodge

Auckland, New Zealand

good place for a big city hostel... staff were great and we appreciated the help with a car rental... amazing mix of people from around the world!!!

it feels like I am home here.... staff are tremendous...hate to leave..