Location: USA, Gender: Male, Age: 31

Goodnight Vondelpark

Amsterdam, Netherlands

No sign outside, better look for the address. No staff on site when I arrived, had to go to the hotel next door and have them phone the hostel staff. Still waited outside for half an hour after the phone call before somebody let me in. No common room, no ventilation in room during hot summer (probably okay in the winter). Hallway smelled like pot. No reception desk so no idea how to contact onsite staff (if there is any).

St. Clair Hotel and Hostel

Vancouver, Canada

City Hostel Seattle

Seattle, USA

Very nice hostel, particularly when compared with other hostels I've stayed at across the US. Very friendly staff and free breakfast a big plus.

Kimchee Myeongdong Guesthouse

Seoul, South Korea

Great location. Walk to city hall area in 10 minutes, walk to the closest train station in 1 minute. Walk to some big parks with palaces within 20 or 30 minutes. No common area so don't stay here if you're looking to hang out with other travelers and socialize.

Kamejikan

Kamakura, Japan

Beautiful building only a few minutes walk from the beach. Folks were nice and everything was clean. Only things I would change is adding another shower (only one for all to share) and change the paper sliding door walls to something slightly more sound proof.

The location of this hostel is excellent. A block from the beach, right in the middle of South Beach. Don't stay here if you plan to sleep at night (what else is the bed for?). Maybe the rooms in the back are better, mine was street side close to the lobby and music blasted on and off all night, people are inside and out chattering loudly and yelling all night, and last night I had to tell 2 people to quit skateboarding the lobby at 4am, doing jumps on the tile. Guess the staff doesn't care.

Railway Square YHA

Sydney, Australia

Ueno New Izu Hotel

Tokyo, Japan

Kyoto Hana Hostel

Kyoto, Japan

Hiroshima Hana Hostel

Hiroshima, Japan

Nothing but great things to say about this place. The staff was so nice and helpful, they were more than happy to make recommendations on places to visit and help me understand how to get around. My room was more like a ryokan than a hostel room, which was great. On Wednesday night they had a sake tasting and okonomiyaki (local Hiroshima specialty) party which was a lot of fun. I would definitely recommend this place, and whenever I'm back in Hiroshima I'll be staying there again.

Thank you very much for staying with us. We are very happy to see this wonderful comment! We're glad you enjoyed our local Sake and our local food Okonomiyaki. You are always welcome here:) Please stay with us again! Sincerely, Hana Hostel

Aizuya Inn

Tokyo, Japan

The location was a bit removed from the hot spots, but it was easy to get to once I figured out the directions (directions on the site are from the Tokyo Metro station, not the JR station). Pay showers are kinda lame, other wise the everything inside was pretty nice.

Hi Drew, see you next time. Raoul & the Ai Team.