Hostal Jacaranda & Home

Valparaiso, Chile

I want to say that Christian and Geraldo are two of the most fantastic hosts one can have while travelling. They put me up at their Home and invited me to their bbq. They also provided a fantastic walking route for me to begin exploring Valparaiso. Their Home is charming and full of character (check out their scarecrow in their garden!). Thanks guys.

La Casona Hostel

Santiago, Chile

America del Sur Hostel Buenos Aires

Buenos Aires, Argentina

What a place! Elevators, hotel-style accommodation, wonderful helpful staff, good breakfast, nice social area downstairs for WC games and using the computer. And not a party hostel. This is a close to perfection for a hostel as it gets.

Santa Maloca Hostel

Sao Paulo, Brazil

A bit far from the metro (10 mins) but everyone can use a little walk. Not a party hostel, which was great for me. Big, spacious, colorful area for breakfast.

Mambembe Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Had a wonderful time staying here. The atmosphere and people there can be described as "bohemian". It's not a party hostel but it's also not a dead place. There's character here.

Bambu Guest House

Foz do Iguacu, Brazil

I really enjoyed my stay here. They are strict about enforcing their 10 pm quiet time, which allows people like me to sleep. I like how many chill out areas there are.

Marlon's House Puno

Puno, Peru

I think the hostel needs some lamps. It's really dark upstairs, especially in dorm common area. Overhead fluorescents aren't that good for the eyes.

Sumac Chaska Hostel

Ollantaytambo, Peru

Kali, the owner, even packed my dormmate and I some breakfast when he heard we had a very early train to Machu Picchu. Very hospitable.

Pleasure to serve you! Breakfast is included, many of our guests set off to Machu Picchu early in the morning and come back in the same day. Ollantaytambo is much nicer than Aguas Calientes and much cheaper ;). Thank you very much for your review.

This is a very quiet hostel. A good place to rest. Really enjoyed my time here. The staff, especially Kati, are wonderful. Good breakfast as well.

This is a party hostel. If you happen to book the 6-bed dorm and get the one upstairs next to the bar and outside patio, I hope you don't want to sleep, have REAL earplugs, or you like to party all night because that place is noisy until 3 am, every single night. So much for their "10 pm quiet zone" policy. But other than the noise, a great hostel.

The owner of the home is a very friendly English-speaking lady. Really like the patio in front where you can sit and enjoy the night sky (except when smokers come out and proceed to 2nd-hand-smoke you). I think the kitchen could use better sponges and dishwashing liquid.

This isn't a noisy hostel so a very good place to get some sleep (unless you have a snorer in your dorm).

Erupcion Hostel Banos

Banos, Ecuador

Giant lockers. Quiet. Great breakfasts. The family who runs the place is so friendly. And the bulldog, Google, is friendly and loves being pet.

Travellers Inn

Quito, Ecuador

Outstanding breakfast. I love how quiet the place is, perfect for me. The home is really unique and the staff are very helpful.

Geo Hostel

Medellin, Colombia

This is where you want to be if you appreciate your sleep and if you like a quiet and clean environment to recharge during your trip. It is not a party hostel, it is not for those who want to socialize a lot in the common areas. Just people who appreciate peace and quiet after a long and busy day. Staff are real friendly. Breakfast is awesome. As some people have put it, almost like being in a hotel (at hostel prices). It is a bit far (20 mins walk) from the metro but no big deal.

Hostel Mamallena

Cartagena, Colombia

The hostel animals are a hoot, especially the parrot, who wanders around the hostel greeting everyone with "hello!" and "hola!" It even yelled out "burrito!" once. Real smart one. The one thing I will say is if you want your sleep, you won't get much here because it's next to a bar playing music until 3 am (once, 3:30 am). Also, the toilet in the dorm is next to people's beds.

Hostel Sue Candelaria

Bogota, Colombia

The staff always brings breakfast with a smile. The common room and back patio is amazing place to socialize. The only thing I will gripe about this hostel is ... it's right next door to a bar. Hope you don't care about sleep (at least until 2:30 am).

Where 2 Next

Manila, Philippines

Masada Backpacker

Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia

I'd definitely recommend that the staff try to learn where good food can be found, especially Sabah-an specialties. Sometimes it's nice to start off being told "if you like delicious laksa that's popular for the locals, you can try this so and so spot."

Lodge 121

Kuching, Malaysia

Staff were very good about knowing what to recommend to eat and do around Kuching.

Yesinn @CAUSEWAY BAY

Posada San Francisco

San Juan, Puerto Rico

The Backpack

Cape Town, South Africa

Awesome awesome hostel. Had everything.

Travellers House

Lisbon, Portugal

If I could, I'd give this hostel a 110% rating. It really is THAT good. I was skeptical about 400 ratings at 98% but now I understand why. Thanks Gui, Paulina, Amy, and Joao for a wonderful stay. Make sure you take part in the tapas night (I regret I didn't when I saw the spread) and wine tasting. And eat 'pasteis de natas' in Belem. To die for.

Beds are very squeaky, at least mine was. No ladder so I had to climb on other ppl's beds to climb jump onto mine.

Sant Jordi Mambo Tango

Barcelona, Spain

Wonderful lounge to chill at, watch movies.

Confidenti Hostel

Ljubljana, Slovenia

Very clean, quiet, peaceful. Loved the place.

Situs Hostel

Split, Croatia

Peter's an awesome fellow. Situs was like staying in an apartment. Nice rooms, clean bathrooms, nice living area with TV to watch anything...felt peaceful. It's not a party hostel, which was what I liked.

Zio Apartments

Dubrovnik, Croatia

Well, in Dubrovnik, everyone rents out rooms, so it's like staying in an apartment. Do yourself a favor, wait for bus #3 (even if it's hourly) to get to Nuncijata (the last stop on top of the hill). Don't walk up 600 steps with your gear.

Hostel Majdas (former Majdas Rooms)

Mostar, Bosnia And Herzegovina

You can't get any better than Majda's. Do yourself a favor, stay here, and enjoy.

Hostel & Guest House SA

Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

AK will take you to eat some good Bosnian food and get some good Bosnian sherbet at the end of his tour so don't miss it. Bathrooms were small but manageable. Everything was comfortable.

Hostel Mostel

Sofia, Bulgaria

One of the best in Europe, for me at least. Has everything you'd want in a hostel, at a cheap price. Look out for Mark, the friendliest kitten of the lot (maybe he'll be grown up when you meet him but he'll always be friendly I'm sure).

RentRooms Thessaloniki

Thessaloniki, Greece

Very clean, very spacious, very comfortable. Internet doesn't quite reach the room (it's iffy) but for the most part, awesome place to stay in Salonica. If you plan to check out before 8 am, let them know though.

Athens Backpackers

Athens, Greece

Very clean, very good staff, very good everything.

Penguin Village

Dahab, Egypt

Staff were a bunch of young fellas who were very helpful and friendly (they are especially friendly with the ladies). If you want AC, make sure to ask which rooms have it and book those because it's near impossible to sleep without it (which is a good reason to sleep under the stars and beside the sea, above the Penguin restaurant). Bathrooms require some work. Toilets don't flush well, what's up with no TP in the toilet, showers were low pressure some times (and has salty water, I guess from the sea). You

Boomerang Hotel

Luxor, Egypt

Mohamed and Omar were extremely helpful and accommodating. Rooms were clean, spacious, cheap, breakfast was awesome, internet was a bit iffy but all it took was a router reset and it worked fine again. Laundry was great and done on time and very well. Bathrooms were clean and spacious. I went to Aswan and when I came back, I rebooked for the night at this place again because I liked it that much.

The Australian Hostel

Cairo, Egypt

The staff were real friendly. Location is great, it's near Talaat Harb which is one of the main streets.

Go on Yasin's tour! Also, breakfast is just awesome.

Cheers Midtown

Istanbul, Turkey

No A/C the first two nights, but they installed it the next day, and it was awesome. Also, the location is imho, perfect. Was enjoying bureks and meals from all the places beside the hostel. Keram and his staff were great.

Gabriel Hostel

Brasov, Romania

Gabriel and his staff were some of the friendliest I\'ve come across all of Europe. They are just so kind and want to help you out, no matter what. Stay here, you will really love it.

Soviet Home Hostel

Lviv, Ukraine

Igor was an awesome fella. He was very helpful with any questions I had. This place may look old outside but once you get to the top floor and inside, it\'s surprising. Also, there\'s a cat there that\'s one of the most friendly and playful things ever. He just wants to cuddle up to everyone! And location is perfect.

Hatters Hostel- Liverpool

Liverpool, England

Small showers.

Best hostel I\'ve stayed in in Europe thus far. Beautiful city, awesome hostel, friendly staff...everything has been near perfect.

Hi Kenneth, Thanks so much for your feedback. It's great to know we're getting it right and are keeping our customers happy! We hope you'll stay with St Christopher's again. Kind regards, All of the team at St Christopher's Inn.

Tiger Tims Place

Budapest, Hungary

This place grows on you. I loved it.

They need a nicer TV but that\'s only because the World Cup was on.

Greg & Tom Party Hostel

Krakow, Poland

Gotta love the awesome breakfasts, the amazing lounge with big screen TV (everyone gathered to watch World Cup games). Downside is people who don\'t know how to keep water in the showers, they like flooding the place.

Hostel Krumlov House

Cesky Krumlov, Czech Republic

Stay here, that\'s it. Downside is, the shower had very weak pressure.

Hi Kenneth, Thanks for your comments! It's true that we are using low flow shower heads to increase our eco-friendly rating. What can be a "downside" is actually an "upside" for the planet! You'll notice this is pretty standard in most European hostels as we pay a premium for water now. Have a great trip! Carolyn, Krumlov House

Hostel DownTown

Prague, Czech Republic

Kristian took everyone out several times, it was fun to have a beer at a local joint and chat as opposed to pub crawling.

Rixpack Hostel

Berlin, Germany

Stefan is an intimidating guy but that\'s his own brand of humor I guess.

Those stairs are brutal when you have to stay in the 6th floor but that\'s about it.