Location: USA, Age: 28

Filthy! Our room had hair, grime and filth throughout. There was evidence of prior bed bugs: the tell-tale spots on the mattress covers, but we didn't see any actual bed bugs or get bitten. The street this place is located on is home to a disproportionately large number of homeless people, most of them with substance abuse problems. I personally observed 2 separate crack deals go down across the street. Staff was unwelcoming. Towels cost $5 - no refund. One of the worst hostels I've been in.

Oso Hostel

Yosemite, USA

Probably the best hostel I've ever stayed in. The owner was exceptionally welcoming. She even brought a grill to the hostel specially for my friends and me to use. Hostel was clean, very close to Yosemite, and had a nice deli next door as well as a grocery store a couple minutes down the road. Highly recommended.

Hey David, everyone got a kick out of your guestbook post. We're glad you enjoyed your stay, we hope you can come back!

HI-Monterey Hostel

Monterey, USA

This was a great hostel. Facility was generally clean. Free pancakes for breakfast. Towels and sheets included. Only downside was the showers required (free) tokens which limit the length of your shower. Probably a good eco-friendly practice, but it sucks if the shower shuts off and you haven't finished rinsing. No alcohol allowed inside, so it's not much of a party hostel, but there are decent bars nearby. Overall, a great place to stay in Monterey.

Banana Bungalow Hollywood

Los Angeles, USA

The hostel itself was decent. My buddy "lost" his phone there, but someone in the hostel "found" it later. They offered to return it, but it's been almost two weeks and he still hasn't received it. Don't trust the staff to get your stuff back to you, at least in a timely manner, if you forget anything there. Room was nice, and the general atmosphere was good. Parking availability was a definite plus.

Lucky D's

San Diego, USA

Miles and Paul were supremely kind during breakfast. Good guys. Big shaved head guy at front desk could've been a bit friendlier. If you drive, good luck finding a place to park. Overall: great place, cool environment, excellent location.

Bedz KL

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Decent place with great location next to Bukit bintang monorail station. Meals can be had on the cheap at the market nearby.

Drop Inn

Singapore, Singapore

Decent place for the price, not the best location though.

Rucksack Inn @ Temple Street

Singapore, Singapore

Honestly, I can't think of anything negative to say about this place other than that they were fully booked when I wanted to extend my stay, so I had to go elsewhere. Definitely a great hostel.

WARNING! Room had ants and bedbugs! Receptionist was rude and unwelcoming. Otherwise, decent room close to airport.. try to get one without the bugs though.

Me Mates Place

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Great guest house; there's a reason it's top-rated in Phnom Penh. Staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Rooms are spotless with great showers.

Angkor Friendship Inn

Siem Reap, Cambodia

This place is about 5 minutes walking from the old market and pub street. The receptionist was extremely helpful in making me feel at home and booking my onward tickets for me. As for the pool, it was clean and well maintained. I would definitely recommend this place.

Souk Lan Xang Guest House

Luang Prabang, Laos

Wow. This place is amazing. I stayed in one of the superior rooms upstairs and it was as nice as any place I've stayed before. Beautiful wood interior, clean, etc. Would highly recommend this place. O ended up extending my stay from 3 days to 10 days.

A9 Place

Chiang Mai, Thailand

Rooms were nice, as was the atmosphere. Only real complaint was that it wasn't walking distance from the city. Nice place if you want to get out of the hustle and bustle though.