Reviews: prfoley2983

Location: USA, Gender: Male, Age: 28

Milhouse Hipo

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Great party hostel. Staff was fine but I didn't find them particularly over-the-top helpful. Rooms were clean, and despite being on the first floor in my case I thought it was decently quiet. 6 bed dorm had en-suite bathroom w/ shower which was great. Location on the edge of San Telmo was good, and very close to the subway. Wrist bands, camera at door, and a security guard made the place feel very safe to me.

Ostinatto Hostel

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Decent location in San Telmo. Breakfast is ok but nothing to get excited about. Some staff is very helpful and knowledgeable while some seem to know nothing and aren't really helpful (I'm looking at you late night British desk guy). Happy hour in the bar has good deals but the bar was quite empty our two nights. The free tango lesson with Gabby was awesome!

Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark

Amsterdam, Netherlands

It gets the job done for sure. A bit too big and corporate for my tastes, and no real communal feel (though there is a bar and large common area, just not conducive to meeting people). The free breakfast was quite nice, and bike rentals for only 11€ was nice (they also have a secure bikeshed for your bike at night). They provide sheets but no towels. About a 10 minute bike ride to the touristy areas or a 25 minute walk. It is quite close to van gogh and rijksmuseum though which was nice.

Thanks for your great review, nice that you enjoyed our bike rental, biking is really a must when in Amsterdam! Hope to see you again, regards!

Blind Eye Hostel & Guest House

Prague, Czech Republic

Good spot that is in the Žižkov area of Prague. The neighborhood is much quieter than the center with some cheaper bars a d restaurants nearby. You can walk to the center in 20-30 mins or take the tram which is only 5 mins away. The staff was all very helpful, though none were native Czechs, so you don't have quite the local expert. Crowd is mostly young groups traveling around Europe. Lots of Americans, Australians, and Brits. Free dinner is a nice perk. Beds were comfortable and sheets free.

ONCE in Cape Town

Cape Town, South Africa

Great staff, decent breakfast, very popular bar at night, and a great do-it-yourself kitchen in the back. Very close to Long Street but far enough away to be a little quieter, and there are a bunch of places nearby on or around Kloof Street. En-suite bathrooms in the dorm rooms are a great touch and the private rooms have a tv and towels and shower accessories. My only minor complaints are that the wifi signal can be poor in some rooms and with no AC the rooms can get hot. Window screens needed.

Pranang Flora House

Krabi Ao Nang, Thailand

A bit far from the beach and the center of the beach action but not a bad location. Very clean and large room (we had 2 beds). The airport bus from krabi will drop you off right at the reception though it was one of the last dropoffs for both me and my friend.

Sihome Backpackers Hostel

Vientiane, Laos

Pans Place Guesthouse

Vang Vieng, Laos

Beds are hard but all in all a decent place.

Sihome Backpackers Hostel

Vientiane, Laos

I had trouble a couple different times with tuk tuk drivers not knowing where to take me. Somewhat social in the common area and not too far from things in the heart of Vientiane. Stayed there a second night on our return to Vientiane and they must have overbooked because they sent us to Vientiane Garden Hotel next door which was quite nice relative to the hostel. But they also charged us more without asking us or telling us.

Canadian Hostel Hong Kong

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Elevators are hard to find. Look on the right side towards the back. Stairs are often a better option on the way down. Room was clean but very tiny. No social area at all, nor staff on our floor for help or advice.

Thanks for your review. Please note that for any advice or questions - we provide a telephone number and also you can head to the main reception for all your questions or concerns. We are glad you enjoyed your stay.

Residence les Ecrins

Brussels, Belgium

The owner/manager was extremely helpful. Breakfast included coffee/tea and orange juice along with pastries, bread, and fruits. The location is very very close to the metro and a short walk to the Grand Place. Overall a very pleasant hostel to stay at.