Reviews: tracycheche2680

Museum Inn Hostel

Prague, Czech Republic

The staff was very friendly and chatty, speaks fluent English. Other than telling us a bit about the main attractions, he also recommended a few restaurants and gave us some useful tips. The room is massive, looked like it's been newly refurbished. And there is a shared kitchen with basic equipment (only 2 hobs, small fridge, and a kettle). Great location: Supermarket, restaurants, public transports nearby.

• 25th Aug 2013

Hostel Utopia

Amsterdam, Netherlands

The hostel is located right above a coffeeshop, and so you can smell weed whenever you have your window open. Very steep and narrow staircases. I only had a small suitcase and a medium-sized backpack, but struggled to literally "climb up" the stairs. My room is at the top floor, and the nearest shower room is one level down. The room is very small and narrow.

• 21st Aug 2013

Sleep Well Youth Hostel

Brussels, Belgium

• 19th Aug 2013

Hotel Des Arts Aix

Aix-en-Provence, France

The room is small yet very neat, with a decent double bed and a clean bathroom. The receptionist does not speak any English, yet he was extremely helpful and was patient to answer all our questions in French and tried to make us understand. When we checked in at 8 pm, we asked for the location of supermarkets, which he showed us on map. Later when we went out for dinner at 9.30 pm, he kindly reminded us that the supermarkets are already closed now. Very considerate and really appreciate it!

• 13th Aug 2013

BCN Loft

Barcelona, Spain

This place is actually an apartment with a few bedrooms, so the living room, kitchen and bathroom are shared. Since there is only one bathroom for like 4 rooms of people to share, it gets really busy in the morning and at night. The main problem with my room is the bed linens stink and seemed to be quite dirty. And the bed got fleas!!!! We managed to kill some, but still we at least got 15 flea bites during the 3 night stay there. I have to say the staff is very nice and friendly though.

• 10th Aug 2013
  • China

Las Musas Hostel

Madrid, Spain

Good location: you can walk to most of the main attractions if you want to save money on transports. Alternatively, there is a metro station within 5 mins walk. My double room ensuite faces the front, and it gets quite noisy at night. So definitely not for light sleepers or people that cannot stand any noise at night. I didn't have the chance to cook there, but it has got a well equipped kitchen. It said that breakfast is included, but there were only churros.

• 8th Aug 2013
  • China

I'd definitely recommend this hostel to my friends travelling to Cardiff. It's very close to the city centre and the train station, so very convenient. The facilities in the room is basic (bed, mirror, locker, hooks) but everything is quite new and clean. Shared bathrooms are very clean too. They do a £1 pizza night. It''s an absolute bargain coz you get a big piece of pizza with salad and garlic bread.

• 24th Jul 2013

The Westgate Hotel

Oxford, England

The room I booked turned out to be located in the "annex", which is actually in another house across the road. The staff just show us the direction to the "annex", and then we have to find it ourselves. But that's ok coz it's only 2 mins away and easy to find. There is only one shared bathroom on my floor and there is no shower, bath tub only. There is a sink and tea making facility in the room. But overall, I would have expected more with this price.

• 22nd Jul 2013