Location USA, Gender Male, Age 29

Kanhai's Center, Georgetown, Guyana
6.3
29th Aug 2014

Traveling in Guyana can be hectic and frustrating in general. Kanhai could be a refreshing break from this stress, but unfortunately they are solidly average. They had no record of our booking (4 guys for 4 nights in a private room) but gave us someone else's room when I provided my booking confirmation printout. That was fine, until the other guest arrived 10 minutes later, and then he was left without a room. The AC also froze up the second day and we had to go without.

Room007 Chueca Hostel, Madrid, Spain
18th Aug 2014

Everything was perfect at this hostel except the horrible wifi. The staff was not sympathetic on this issue, either. I rely on wifi when traveling, and will not stay at this hostel again for this reason. The location was great, the rooms well designed, and the rooftop a lot of fun. Very well designed hostel.

Hostel Pisa Tower, Pisa, Italy
7th Aug 2014

A great hostel that is in a very convenient location. I arrived late one night and left the next morning, so did not spend much time there. There are only two bathrooms, but it didn't seem to be a problem. The hostel was very easy to find and it was very easy to reach the airport. The wifi also worked well, which I value. I would stay here again if I return to Pisa.

Retro Moldova Hostel, Chisinau, Moldova
16th May 2014

A cute and comfy hostel in a great location. The internet was very speedy and allowed me to make many calls back to the US with no problems. I would really like to return to Moldova, and when I do, I will stay here. Also, the coffee at breakfast was delicious!

Grace Walk B, Swellendam, South Africa
6th Jan 2014

This place was adorable and absolutely perfect for our needs. We were just in town for one night and needed a place to sleep, but after seeing the place we wished we had set aside more time. The guest house is a great space, with lots of nice features. The pool looked excellent and I wish we had time to use it while we were there. The owners were very nice and helpful. The restaurant Field and Fork which is a couple of blocks away is also perfect. I will definitely stay here again!

Train Lodge- Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa
3.4
1st Jan 2014

We were arriving in Cape Town late and needed a place to stay for one night before moving into another hostel for a week-long stay. This place was poorly reviewed, but was the only place we could get a reservation. We should have just slept in our car instead. This is the worst hostel I have stayed in. The facilities are worn, the staff very unhelpful, and the location not good. It took us 1.5 hours to check in. Staying in train cars is a neat idea, that has been horribly executed.

31st Dec 2013

A very nice house with great facilities and very good location for visiting Karen sights such as the Giraffe Center and Elephant Orphanage. However, this place is difficult to find and is not labeled well from the outside. Our driver could not find the place for about an hour even after speaking with the hostel on the phone. Be sure to have good directions/map or arrange a transfer with the hostel itself. Othewise though, everything was great!

Residence Rooms, Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina
12th Nov 2013

This is a delightful hostel, and one of the best ones I have stayed in during my travel to 50+ countries. The rooms are warm, comfortable, and clean. You will feel like you are staying at a friends house, and receive great hospitality! I met many friends in the common room and had a lot of fun exploring Sarajevo!

Santa Mix Hostel, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
11th Sep 2013

A great hostel, with great staff, facilities, and sense of community. The location is a bit far from the beach, and a refreshing change from most of the party hostels in town. I made excellent friends here and had a great time tagging along on the excursions the hostel organized. Will definitely return to this hostel when in Rio next time.

Fulano Backpackers, Bogota, Colombia
5th Sep 2013

A gorgeous new hostel with some of the best facilities I have seen in my traveling career. The staff are exceptional, the internet is fast and reliable, the location safe and convenient, and I will definitely return to this hostel when I return to Bogota.

Grand Hostel Medellin, Medellin, Colombia
3rd Sep 2013

A wonderful hostel! It felt like I was staying in a friend's home. The woman who runs the hostel is very helpful and looks freakishly like Susan Sarandon. The security for the house was good, but there was no lockers and very casual key system for the rooms. I would have preferred more security for my valuables, but it worked out fine... the hostel is small and works off of a trust system. Just FYI. The pro's definitely outweigh the cons at this delightful hostel.

• USA,
Vy Khanh Hostel, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
28th May 2013

The BEST location, especially if you are arriving into the city by bus. Great staff, very helpful, and the provided map and list of things to do really helped us plan. I will stay here again when I return to Saigon.

Dear Guests, Thank you for your comment. We love to see you again. Warm regards from Vy Khanh Guesthouse, Ms Vy

Siem Reap Rooms, Siem Reap, Cambodia
23rd May 2013

I have no complaints. This hostel is top notch and the staff are wonderful. Having traveled the world, I can say this hostel is world-class and at the top of it's game.

The Gershwin Hotel, New York, USA
7.4
5th Oct 2012

Great location, the best actually. Awesome character and comfortable beds. But there are some "basics" that they are missing. Might not stay there again. I stayed in a room with 10 people, but there was only one bathroom: Not great, but acceptable. Only 3 outlets for 10 people: Horrible, but not a deal breaker. No lockers, anywhere.When asked where I could store my laptop while I was out, they told me to put it in my bag under my bed: Unacceptable for a hostel in NYC. Encourages theft.

Tbilisi Hostel, Tbilisi, Georgia
7.7
4th Sep 2012

Very fun hostel and great staff. The location is in a non-touristy area which is fun. It feels a bit like camping here, so go in with that mindset and you will have fun. :-) Would stay again when I return.

Students & Travellers Inn, Athens, Greece
7.4
2nd Sep 2012

• USA, All Male Group, 18-24
Apple Hostel Italy, St Petersburg, Russia
16th Mar 2012

This was one of the best hostels I have ever stayed at. The location is excellent and very near all of the sights in St. Petersburg. The staff are very detail oriented and kind, and even fed us multiple times! :-) Stay here, you will not regret it!

• USA, Couple, 18-24
Kelly's Courtyard, Beijing, China
10th Mar 2012

Kelly's Courtyard was spectacular! Exceeded expectations in every way. We will definitely stay there again if we return to Beijing. Bob took very good care of us and went above and beyond! I have stayed in countless hostels, and this one ranks in the top 5.

HI NYC Hostel, New York, USA
7.7
5th Nov 2011

A firmly above-average hostel. Everything was great except the price, but hey... it's NYC!

St Christophers Prague, Prague, Czech Republic
27th Jul 2011

Like a 5 star hotel, with bunk beds. The whole place is new, clean, secure, fun, and posh.

The Flaming Kiwi Backpackers, Queenstown, New Zealand
2nd Jul 2011

This was the best hostel I have ever stayed in. I was only going to stay 3 nights, but extended to 5 nights because it was so perfect. It felt just like I was on vacation with friends and was staying in a rented house. All of the staff were super friendly and helpful and the hostel was always very clean and warm. The bed was the most comfortable I have slept in at a hostel. The location (about 5 minute walk from town) was very quiet and had good views of the mountains. Don't change a thing!

Travellers Oasis, Cairns, Australia
27th Jun 2011

My stay was excellent! Everything worked out perfectly and they were very helpful.