Reviews: nataliejones9608

Maya Guesthouse & Hostel

Kuta, Indonesia

Friendly and accommodating staff, nice modern rooms. However I don't think mine was cleaned before or during my stay. As other reviews have said, the location isn't the best. It doesn't sound like a long walk to Kuta beach but in the Balinese heat it really feels like it. Still good value for money.

• 12th Apr 2014

Had a great time at the Wild Wild West hostel. Ivan the owner was really friendly and hospitable. He took us out to do line dancing one night. The house was comfortable and homely. The only downside was that the location is a bit out of the way, close to the train station but trains aren't too frequent. Helps to have a car. Overall still an enjoyable stay.

• 8th Jan 2014

South Beach Hostel

Miami, USA

Staff were the best thing about this hostel. All very knowledgable and helpful. The location was great, the bar was also excellent with really cheap happy hour specials. Only really issue was the beds which were pretty uncomfortable. You could feel the springs in each one. Also the air con in the bar and rooms was too unnecessarily high. It was the middle of winter and not particularly warm when I was there. Overall though this is a good hostel that I would recommend.

• 3rd Jan 2014

HI - Washington DC Hostel

Washington DC, USA

Hostel was in a great location. Good facilities too, the two female staff I dealt with weren't particularly helpful or friendly though.

• 2nd Jan 2014

Casa d'Alagoa

Faro, Portugal

2nd time I stayed at Casa. Very friendly and welcoming staff and in a great location in Faro! The hostel isn't finished but is looking great and will be a fantastic hostel!!

• 3rd Aug 2011

• 28th Oct 2010

Shelter Jordan

Amsterdam, Netherlands

The hostel was overbooked and I arrived late at night to find all the beds in my room taken. It took a long time for the staff to find me another bed in a dorm. The staff were quite nice about it. One of the few hostels I've stayed at where you have to pay for wifi too and it's not cheap- 1.50 for half n hour.

• 24th Oct 2010

Journeys Brighton Hostel

Brighton, England

Staff were great and helpful and it was a good close location. The bathrooms were very dirty though. Rooms were also very cramped and the mattress was quite hard

Thank you for your comments regarding the staff, I'm sorry you found the room cramped, we are currently inquiring about getting some more individual lockers to be put in the basement which should help clear space in the dorm. I'm also very sorry you found the bathrooms dirty, this has been noted but unfortunately we had one cleaner ill this weekend which could explain this. Many thanks again for your comments James