Reviews: jennifer_simpson890

Cambie Hostel - Gastown, Vancouver, Canada
22nd Jun 2013

Really excellent location and feels very secure, since you have to pass three locked doors to get into your room! Could do with a bigger communal area though, it's very cramped if more than one person is trying to cook at any given time.The fridge also smelled pretty suspicious, but I had a great time there, lots of friendly people in the hostel, and the bar downstairs is heaps of fun!

City Hostel Seattle, Seattle, USA
19th Jun 2013

Very clean, lots of bathrooms, nice rooms, good location, super helpful staff :)

6.6
6th Jun 2013

Spent a fun night here, but unfortunately it isn't the most secure place. The locker I tried to use didn't work, and none of the others were available - no use when the hostel wasn't full! On of the bathroom doors didn't lock either, and there didn't seem to be enough toilets for the number of beds. I did hear the owner say they were planning to do it up over summer though.

Hi there, thanks for the review! We're so happy to hear you had a fun night here. That's the goal! We are indeed in the process of renovating the hostel at the moment, including re-doing the bathrooms and building lockers into each dorm so that everyone will have their own. Thanks again for taking the time to let us know what we can do better, we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Newman House Hostel, Saint John New Brunswick, Canada
5.4
6th Mar 2013

When my friends and I booked to stay one night at this property, but when we arrived, no-one was in. We phoned the owner on both her mobile number and her home number, which was stuck to the door, with no response. We decided to find somewhere else to stay (by this time at 10pm) and I sent her a text message asking her to contact me ASAP. She made no effort to get back in touch, though I eventually managed to get through to her the next day. She has since refunded our deposit.

Unfortunately, when I moved the hostel to a better uptown location in December 2012, the change of address online did not change on all sites. We have since attempted to correct all sites. However, just in December, 2013, I have found sites with incorrect pictures and address! Sent in the correct information again. If someone finds a different address other than: 52 Dorchester Street, Saint John, NB, Canada, E2L 3H9, please contact me with details at newmanhousehostel@gmail.com. Sharon

Halifax Backpackers, Halifax, Canada
7.1
4th Mar 2013

We had a bit of a bad experience even before checking into the hostel: we asked some policemen if we were allowed to leave our cars in a nearby carpark and they replied yes, but that it was a very dodgy area, and that the hostel was also a bit dodgy. Not sure this was entirely fair! The staff were for the most part friendly and very interested in helping us out. Dissappointed about the building work, but I'm sure that the facilities will be much improved as a result!

C'mon Inn Hostel, Moncton, Canada
2nd Mar 2013

The boys working there were super friendly and really went out of their way to help us out, definitely some of the best hostel employees I have met! The hostel was lovely too, really homely. Only small problem was Moncton itself - there's pretty much nothing to do in March! But really enjoyed the hostel.

La Maison du Patriote, Montreal, Canada
14th Feb 2013

I would honestly say that the Maison du Patriote is one of the best hostels I have ever been to. It is in a great location and was pretty easy to find. Although we didn't get to meet the owners, I felt they did a great job in welcoming their customers, with the notes on the front door etc. It was really homely feeling and very clean. I would 100% stay here again.

Home London, London, England
7.7
14th Jun 2012

The hostel was in a really good location, easy to find and not badly priced for London. However, it did feel a little bit cramped. The three storey bunk beds meant it was impossible to sit up in, and the room I stayed in was pretty stuffy, even with the window open. Saying that, the mirrors were a nice touch. It would have been nice to have lockers in the rooms as well, but everyone was really friendly and helpful.