Reviews: poserfish

Location: Canada, Gender: Female, Age: 26

Isaacs Hostel

Dublin, Ireland

There was an incredible stench in the first floor hallways and toilets. Like moldy moisture mixed with 20-something drunk sweats. I almost vomited. Conveniently located right beside the bus station and close to the train station though.

• 28th Oct 2013
  • Globetrotter

We have checked this you and all seem to be okay currently The bathrooms are cleaned often - a few times each day.We can only think that hygiene of some fellow guests may have been the issue here .We are very sorry if this marred your stay. this spoilt your enjoyment

Vagabonds

Belfast, Northern Ireland

Nothing really stood out for me with this hostel, either positively or negatively. I would still stay there if I was back in Belfast, but it was a very average hostel.

• 22nd Oct 2013

Generator Hostel Dublin

Dublin, Ireland

Conveniently located steps from the Jameson distillery and a 10 minute walk to Christ Church Cathedral. Very clean. Lockers are underneath the bunk beds in the dorm rooms. Breakfast was not included with my 6-bed dorm which was kind of a downer, but they have a cafe in the hostel where you can order croissants and other small bakery items.

• 19th Oct 2013

Suites DF Hostel

Mexico City, Mexico

• 20th Aug 2013

La Casa de Dante

Guanajuato, Mexico

A phenomenal hostel. A little further from the town center, but quiet at night. Very clean. Very hospitable. The breakfasts alone make it worth it to come to Mexico!

• 18th Aug 2013

Central Backpackers

Oxford, England

I cannot speak higher words of praise for the staff at this hostel. They were the most friendly, knowledgeable and overall wonderful staff that I have met. On top of that, the hostel is fantastic! Super close to the train/coach stations, lockers, super clean, seemingly new facilities, nice and hot showers, and still had a great home-y feel. Very well taken care of. Highly recommended!

• 12th Sep 2012
  • Globetrotter

Amazingly friendly staff, awesome bar area, very convenient to the train station. However, I would never recommend this place because they have the WORST beds of anywhere I've been. All I could feel was uneven springs. My back was still sore three days after staying here. I mentioned it to the staff who said that they are undergoing renovations, and should hopefully have new beds within a couple of months.

• 10th Sep 2012
  • Globetrotter

Hi Thank you for your review. We are so sorry that you suffered due to our beds. We are trying extremely hard to get new beds and mattresses. We are delighted you found our staff helpful as we try very hard to make everyone feel welcome. Happy traveling! St Christopher's Team

St Christopher's Village

In an old building, so don't expect it to be perfect. There were odd smells sometimes and lots of uneven surfaces, but that's part of its charm. Push button showers, but nice and hot water. Breakfast in the morning, lockers, decent beds, an awesome chillout room. Recommended.

• 3rd Sep 2012
  • Globetrotter

Hi there! Thanks for you review :) We are glad to hear that you liked our hostel with its charm and that you had a great time staying with us. We wish you all the best and hope to see you soon again. St. Christopher's team.

Generator Hostel Hamburg

Hamburg, Germany

I'm pretty concerned about the staff at this hostel. I don't think I got a single smile the whole time I was there from the staff. If you're in a customer-focused environment, you should probably like customer service... Besides that, the beds were super comfy, the place was clean and there were lockers.

• 24th Aug 2012

Wombats City Hostel Berlin

Berlin, Germany

• 18th Aug 2012

Charles Bridge Economic Hostel

Prague, Czech Republic

A phenomenal hostel I would definitely stay at again. The dorm I was in was set out like an apartment, with a kitchen, common room and toilet I shared with two other rooms. I kind of wish there was one whole common area for everyone, because without it I didn't get to know anyone in the hostel that wasn't in my "apartment." Besides that, free laundry, awesome internet, phenomenal location, lockers, free water, tourist office downstairs, super helpful and friendly staff... I can't wait to return!

• 14th Aug 2012

Chillout Hostel

Warsaw, Poland

A great hostel right by the train station. Clean, has lockers and clean sheets. Great internet. Breakfast is available for an extra cost. Staff were friendly but not over the top.

• 13th Aug 2012

Mikolajska 5

Krakow, Poland

This hostel was awful. The staff didn't give an introduction to the hostel or city, just pay and go. Half of the toilets didn't have seats (which were just pushed to the side...) Cleanliness left something to be desired. There were couches in the 12 bed dorms, which meant it was impossible to go to sleep early as people were hanging out there instead of the common room. All of the drains were clogged. Beds were thin and uncomfortable. Basically, you pay little for what you get (little.)

• 10th Aug 2012
  • Globetrotter

Hostel staff are adequately trained in serving guests, they are willing to provide information and even do the countless phones calls, if needed. You only have to ask a question. Photos of rooms are located on the portals and you made reservation to stay in a room with twelve other people. If you were unhappy with the noise you should immediately notify reception and adequate steps would be taken. Toilet seats were unfortunately broken in the common bathroom by other guest and it takes several hours to buy new and replace them, which was done the very next day. You were in the dorm with private bathroom and I know that that toilet was perfectly fine.

Caveland

Santorini, Greece

This hostel could have been a resort and I wouldn't have known the difference! Great rooms, awesome facilities, lockers available, pool, flowers galore. Super convenient in Karterados, just a 25 minute walk outside of Fira, so you can get away from the tourists and just enjoy Santorini! Ben was a little lax on his duties. I asked him to reserve a cab twice and he did not do it. Besides that, could not recommend this hostel enough! Super duper highly recommended!!!

• 25th Jul 2012

Athenstyle

Athens, Greece

My dorm room was TINY! A/C in dorm room was great. Well located in Monathiraki, literally 3 minutes away from the station. Rooftop bar/restaurant was great and well-priced. Lockers in the dorm rooms. Very clean. Staff seemed unconcerned about the guests' experience. Laundry was incredibly expensive (5 euros to wash, 5 euros to dry)

• 20th Jul 2012

Kismet Dao Hostel

Brasov, Romania

A very well located hostel with a great vibe. The staff was amazing, the common area really great, facilities were awesome. Big lockers, comfy beds. Tours organized through the hostel to see the surrounding area. Would definitely recommend!

• 17th Jul 2012

Freeborn Hostel

Timisoara, Romania

Only one toilet for the hostel was not enough. The dorm I was in was unbearably hot, even with the windows opened. The kitchen and "common area" (if you can call it that, as it's just a hallway to the kitchen) are very small. The only thing that made the experience was the owner, who was very passionate about Timisoara. However, I would not stay here again.

• 14th Jul 2012

Green Studio Hostel

Belgrade, Serbia

Great hostel with lockers and a great vibe. Right by the train station and the party boats. Would stay here again

• 10th Jul 2012

The Loft Hostel Budapest

Budapest, Hungary

Clean but not spotless, comfy and cozy, this place definitely feels like a home. Great common areas. Lockers. Super convenient right by the river (only a ten minute walk to Buda, 5 minute walk to the indoor market) Only downside is there was only two toilets, both with showers in them, which is difficult in the morning. Gina made my stay with her hilarious stories.

• 5th Jul 2012

Hostel Blues

Bratislava, Slovakia

A great hostel. Great atmosphere, clean, huge lockers, very convenient. Easy to get to from the train station.

• 3rd Jul 2012
  • Globetrotter

Another great Wombats experience! Clean with a friendly and efficient staff. Super centrally located (the Naschmarkt, right across the street, is great for cheap food any time of day!!) Loved this place, and will definitely return when (not if!) I come back to Vienna!

• 30th Jun 2012

Wombats City Hostel Munich

Munich, Germany

Definitely a place I would stay at again. Incredibly clean, staff is amazing, facilities are great! The city's at the tip of your fingers, and the air conditioned garden is a wonderful addition during a heatwave like this!

• 24th Jun 2012

City Hostel N├╝rnberg

Nuremberg, Germany

Have to pay for the internet, but it was only 2.50 for an hour - not too bad. Location is amazing, it's clean, showers are nice and hot. Lockers available, but bring your own padlock. Not a very great common area - only hightop tables and one or two chairs. It would have a better feel with more comfy furniture in this area. Only two toilets for the place, but it wasn't a problem while I was there. Staff were very friendly and the price was definitely right. Would stay there again.

• 22nd Jun 2012
  • Globetrotter

Youth Hostel Rothenburg o.d.T.

Rothenburg, Germany

Clean and secure. Big lockers and keycard entry into the rooms. Great location. Staff was kind of meh... seemed as though they did not want to be bothered. They also take a break between 1pm and 2pm for lunch, so don't arrive at that time. A LOT of children (every night there was a tour with 30+ children.) Free breakfast is pretty good.

• 20th Jun 2012

Lotte - The Backpackers

Heidelberg, Germany

A fantastic hostel in the heart of the Old Town. Carmen was always happy to answer any questions I had. Hot showers, simple breakfast. Keys for your dorm door and locker. I loved the way it was decorated - it had an incredibly homey feel. Would definitely return again!

• 18th Jun 2012

Luxembourg City Hostel

Luxembourg City, Luxembourg

Felt more like a college dorm. Very uniform and professional, but lacked any real character. Staff sometimes seemed annoyed to answer any questions. Fairly central, very clean, great restaurant with decent prices but no kitchen. Keycard for each door. Serves its purpose as a clean place to stay and sleep without anything extra.

• 16th Jun 2012

Snuffel Backpacker Hostel

Bruges, Belgium

Great (and cheap!) bar downstairs. Didn't bother me that I had to walk through the bar and patio to get to showers. Chain showers were hot and pressured well so I didn't mind that. Each bedroom has a keycard lock. Lockers available on the first floor. Lots of great group activities throughout the week. Electricity went out 2/3 nights I was there on the 1st/2nd for about an hour. Staff also manned the bar, so sometimes took a while to get their attn. Worth the price, but don't expect perfection

• 13th Jun 2012

Sleephere

Brussels, Belgium

Great little hostel. The owner was super helpful and friendly, always asking if he could help with something. Very communal, clean, hot showers. No lockers. Only a 20 min walk to the centre of Brussels! Very satisfied with my experience here!

• 10th Jun 2012

Hostelle - Female Only Hostel

Amsterdam, Netherlands

The Good: friendly staff, hot showers, nice and clean. The cons: I could fit my arm through the locker "window" (I wouldn't trust leaving anything in there); same price for a central hostel even though this is ten metro stops away; WiFi didn't work at least half of the time I was there; no one was there at night and people could just walk in and out of the open hostel door, no questions asked; breakfast is way, WAY overpriced for what you get.

• 5th Jun 2012

404 Hostel

Cologne, Germany

A very average hostel. Nothing to make it stand out from the rest. Pluses include being clean, having a big chest to lock your things up, and having hot showers. I walked to the centre in 30-45 mins. Easy to get to by subway. Nothing really negative per se, just average.

• 2nd Jun 2012

Five Elements Hostel Frankfurt

Frankfurt, Germany

What a phenomenal hostel! Super friendly staff, free activities every day to meet fellow travelers, huge common area, a great huge place to lock up your things, always clean, comfy beds, hot showers, great value for money. Couldn't speak higher of this hostel! Highly recommended!

• 31st May 2012

Hotel 17

New York, USA

A great budget hotel. I was disappointed that there was no common area so that I could meet other travelers. AMAZING location - 25 min walk to times square, minutes from the subway. Kept very clean. Staff was helpful. Well worth it.

• 31st Jan 2012

La Maison du Patriote

Montreal, Canada

AMAZING hostel! Wonderful ambiance, hot showers, big kitchen, computer, amazing location, clean, amazing security (you need a code to get in.) I stayed in the 22-bed dorm, and I didn't believe what people said about it being surprisingly private. I was pleasantly surprised! Will definitely be coming back to this gem when I return to Montreal!

• 21st Oct 2011

Hostal Rana

Villa de Leyva, Colombia

Staff is amazingly friendly and knowledgeable. Location is convenient, right by the main plaza and bus station. Cleaned every day. Beds were comfortable and warm. No breakfast offered, but plenty of small little cafes close by. Pay for internet on their computer (1400 pesos for an hour, less for less time.) Wireless available. Gated, have to ring a bell and have someone let you in. It was quiet when I was there, more of a relaxing hostel than a partying one I think. Highly recommended!

• 20th Aug 2011

Casa Bellavista Hostel

Bogota, Colombia

Amazing security with cameras at all entrances; staff is incredibly friendly and knowledgeable; really amazing location in the heart of Candelaria; comfortable beds; hot shower; cleaned everyday. Only downsides are a subpar breakfast (1 pastry and coffee), and a lack of comfortable communal space. Don't let these detour you - this is definitely an amazing hostel!

• 18th Aug 2011
  • Globetrotter

An old building in a convenient location. Staff was friendly, but I only say one man when I checked in. Don't think the trash bins beside the toilet was cleaned the whole 3 nights I was there. 3 locked doors that you need a key for, so good security. Each room door uses a padlock. Building is very worn down. Has cable TV, WiFi. Not the worst place, but worth it for the cheap price... Pretty much you get what you pay for.

Cleaned every day, beds were amazingly comfortable. Breakfast was kind of lacking. I found myself opening the door when the bell rang, so although the door was locked that tells you something about security. Joey is awesomely amazing and silly!

Hello, great to hear you liked your stay in Cusco. We will check into the matter with the door and the breakfast. Kind regards, The Flying Dog Hostels

Hostel Kokopelli

Lima, Peru

Super nice staff, awesomely comfortable beds, plenty of bathrooms, awesome area of town, bar right upstairs - what else can you ask for?

Nuevo Horizonte Hostel

Santiago, Chile

SEVERELY affected by the earthquake - not a flat floor in sight. Many doors do not close and many cracks in walls. No one working was there so I couldn't check in at 6p, waited outside for 10 mins before someone staying in the hostel let me in. Bed wasn't ready despite fact that person left in the a.m. Public computer is broken so if you don't have laptop you're SOL. Ghost hostel, no one there. Didn't end up staying because didn't feel safe, went to Casa Roja instead.

SEVERELY is a not fair word if you see the hostelbooker reviews "It was more of a student housing complex - which I liked a lot. Not much turn around, quiet and full of students who knew the city. Booking online was cheaper than in person. Free laundry and right across the street from a great bakery. Loved it." the perception is totally different, May be you were angry about us becouse of those 10 min waiting, I understand all your opinion and acept it and we're working on it ! but in those time, you arrived 7 days after the one of the greatest earthquake in the world 8.8 the whole country was crazy, you must uderstand, but we apreciate your coments we will improve! Thanks Coco!

Hostel Arrabal

Buenos Aires, Argentina

A barbeque or some sort of event that brings that whole hostel together would be awesome; I was here for a week and felt like I barely knew anyone. Besides that, it's central, it's clean, it's pretty awesome.

your room was full and all the girls were going out to dinner almost every night, even now some are travelling together. You were here for a week but never talked to anybody or wanted go out at night. We all liked having you here and hope you have lots of fun troughout your travel