Reviews: atkoenig8110

Location: USA, Gender: Female, Age: 26

Residencial Terminus

Lisbon, Portugal

Residencial Terminus is very close to the airport and we had a clean, quiet private room before our early flight out of Lisbon. I wouldn't recommend it for seeing Lisbon - its far from any of the tourist sites.There's a strange playground out front and the building is a little old. It was kind of Twilight Zone-ish, but it was perfectly fine for one night.

• 5th Sep 2013

Hostel Caza de Sao Goncalo

Lagos, Portugal

Hostel Caza de Sao Goncalo is a great place if you want to stay up all night and party. If you want to sleep, you might want to look elsewhere. We were in a private ensuite room near the lobby and had to leave the windows open because of the heat and the strong smell of mildew. It sounded like there were people in our room yelling and drinking until about 5 am. If you're looking to have a good time, this place is great but I wouldn't stay there again.

• 2nd Sep 2013

Travellers House

Lisbon, Portugal

By far the best hostel I have ever stayed in! The location is awesome - in the middle of historic Lisbon and easy to get to any of the major sights. The private room was beautiful and super clean, as were the common areas. All of the staff were super helpful and friendly and gave us great recommendations for places to see and where to eat. And the homemade breakfast was icing on the cake. When I go back to Lisbon, I'll be staying here again.

• 30th Aug 2013

Sydney Hostel Istanbul

Istanbul, Turkey

The hostel was in a wonderful location (just a short walk to the Blue Mosque), but there is a large number of tourist restaurants outside the door with men who try to persuade you to eat there every time you step out the door. The room was fine, but it really needed a good cleaning. The entire building smelled of mold. The hostel was fine, but it could have been great if they had made the effort. It seemed like a large group of young men ran the hostel which maybe explained the need for cleaning

Apartments & rooms Stella

Dubrovnik, Croatia

Luka's Lodge

Hvar, Croatia

Luka's Lodge was a great place to stay - one of my favorites on our trip to Croatia! We had a private room that was in a side building and it was large and very clean. The location was also great. We were a quick walk to the main town, and also an easy walk to a gorgeous beach. Luka was very helpful when we asked for advice on what to do as well and gave us a ride to the ferry stop.

• 27th Aug 2012

Ekim Apart

Istanbul, Turkey

Ekim Apart feels more like a hotel than a hostel. The room was large and had a small kitchenette area, and a window seat that I loved. The rooms were cleaned daily and the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. My friend was sick while we were there and they recommended several pharmacies and how to communicate the problem since we don't speak Turkish.

• 20th Aug 2012

Traveller's Cave Pension

Goreme, Turkey

This place was incredible! We loved the cave rooms and the gorgeous courtyard area. They were also extremely helpful in helping us book a hot air balloon ride (which you HAVE to do) and a Turkish bath. The only complaint we had was that parts of the wall (paint?) were chipping off and fell onto our beds and belongings. But otherwise our private room was very clean.

Ideal Hostel Pension

Fethiye, Turkey

Ideal Hostel was a wonderful place to stay in Fethiye. Our private room was small but clean and had a great balcony to sit out on at night. The common room also has a gorgeous view of the sunset. Dinner was also a great value - we bought dinner two nights, then got a free boat ride! I highly recommend it.

• 12th Aug 2012

Butterfly Villa Hostel

Bucharest, Romania

I will preface my review by saying that this was my first experience in a hostel in Eastern Europe and this might be typical. Overall, though, I was very disappointed. First, the bathroom was disgusting (there was literally poop on the floor). Then the advertised shuttle to the airport was not available - but they were able to call us a taxi. Finally, although the common areas were air conditioned, our room was so hot it was hard to sleep.

Dear Customer, we are sorry that you think that your experience is "typical" for Eastern Europe. Maybe you've read also the other comments and we rarely have complaints about the cleanliness....the hostel is cleaned every day for several hours, and if some people leave the bathroom in a disgusting conditon, that;s bad and we are sorry, but unfortunately happens. Also our airport transfer works very effecient - but we are also human beings and no machines, sometimes things are simply not possible.....hope you will ever the chance to come back and get the "real feeling" for Eastern Europe like many people did before.

Bethany B&B

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Anna was so nice! We stayed in the top floor of her house in a lovely room. We also had the most incredible and huge breakfasts. I would recommend this B&B to anyone going to Amsterdam - it was great!

L'Hotel Particulier

Paris, France

This hotel was great - very cute and clean and in a wonderful location. Its close to the Gare de Lyon, which has subways to anywhere in Paris. My only complaint is that the water was freezing cold the entire time we were there. For the three nights we spent a the hotel, there was no hot water :(

I loved the location of this B&B - it was in a very quiet, not as touristy area of Venice, very close to an adorable piazza with an amazing bakery and good restaurants. Its very close to the vaporetto stop also, which was great. The room was cute and clean. It was a little hot in June, but we could have paid the extra 5 euro/day for AC so I guess that was our fault.