Reviews: daytripper686

Location Canada, Gender Female, Age 31

Porto Spot Hostel, Porto, Portugal
2nd Aug 2013

This is one of the best hostels I stayed at my entire three months in Europe. It's clean, spacious, with large comfortable beds and extremely helpful staff. Bathrooms were good, minus the cold shower I had, but I suppose that's what I get for sleeping in. Nice common area and kitchen too. Short walk to city centre.

Hi Lindsay, we're really happy that you've enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you come back another time when you visit Porto. Now about the cold shower, I think you opened it in the wrong way because we have hot water 24h. The first showers in the morning take a bit more time to get the hot water in the tubes but it always work. Next time just ask for our help. =) See you and hope you had a nice trip. Cheers.

8.0
5th Jul 2013

Nice hostel - I stayed for just one night but it was comfortable and I was able to do my laundry for 5 euros, plus it was incredibly easy to find, just off the opera metro station. The rooms are hot so remember that if you're staying in the summer months! Comfortable common area, good sized kitchen and friendly staff.

Gallery Hyde Park, London, England
7.7
14th Jun 2013

Very happy with this hostel - good value, amazing location (although right in the tourist hub, but it's convenient) and very quiet and clean. Minus the mouse in our room, but, hopefully they'll take care of that. Internet worked in the room, showers are good, and comfortable beds with huge duvets. My only complaint is that the beds are squeaky/loud, and the breakfast is pretty awful, powdered coffee? No thx. Anyway great hostel, I recommend!

• Canada, All Female Group, 25-30
Slottsskogens Youth Hostel, Gothenburg, Sweden
2.0
23rd May 2013

Don't stay here - terrible staff, and zero communication.

Archipelago Hostel Old Town, Stockholm, Sweden
6.6
16th May 2013

I really enjoyed being in this area, it's convenient - close to hip sodermalm, central station (10 min walk) and close to the subway. Although I've stayed in better hostels ...the internet worked half the time. The showers are tiny and there is no where to dry off/dress. No lights at the beds so you should bring one if in a shared dorm. No common area = no character, and the reception is only open a few hours a day - make sure to arrive during open hours because we spent an hour trying to call.

USA Hostels Hollywood, Los Angeles, USA
6.9
19th Feb 2013

Good hostel. Main complaint is the lack of soundproofing - the walls are paper thin, don't expect to get a great nights sleep. But the location is great if you want to be in the centre of the tourist hub, and the staff are friendly. The privacy screen on the bed, outlet and light right at the bed, and outlet inside the locker are fantastic (don't forget to bring your lock). Clean washrooms and comfortable beds.

HI San Francisco - City Center, San Francisco, USA
9.0
22nd Sep 2011

Great hostel. Despite the reputation of the neighborhood, I quite liked the location. Lots of cheap vietnamese eats in the area, and it's super central. Really clean hostel, the free breakfast is very good, rooms are the best hostel rooms I've stayed in.

Hostel Kokopelli, Lima, Peru
8.7
20th Apr 2010

Great hostel, in a really good location, close to everything you would need. Miraflores is a beautiful area, I would recommend staying here. Nice bar & staff.

9.0
15th Apr 2010

Roberto is the best, hilarious and very helpul as well. Fun hostel & great town to drop by for a few days.

Hostel Internacional Mendoza, Mendoza, Argentina
7.3
8th Apr 2010

This was a nice hostel. Good social vibe, and very nice rooms. My only complaint was that the kitchen is pretty bad - messy and cramped.

The Hostel-Inn Tango City, Buenos Aires, Argentina
24th Mar 2010

This is one of the best hostes I have stayed in. Friendly staff, good bar and kitchen, and great location close to grocery, cafe, plazas, etc. We had a very good time!