Reviews: Kraze

St Petersburg, Russia

• 29th Jun 2014

Godzillas Suzdal

Suzdal, Russia

It's a beautifully situated hostel with amazing staff. There aren't any lockers, but there is a small kitchen equipped with a microwave, fridge, and sink (no stove though). Free tea and coffee in the morning is a plus! Everything was really clean! We went on off-season so there was only one other person in the dorm with us. Lots of comfy beanbags to lounge around on, and a lounge with flatscreen TV, computer and free wifi! If I had to improve something it would be a soap dish in the shower! :-)

• 12th Apr 2014

Chillax Hostel

Moscow, Russia

This was a very clean hostel! IT's quite small but with a full hostel it's a lot more fun to meet new people and have fun! We only stayed for one night, but they had a midnight pancake party in the common room/kitchen which was an awesome idea! I didn't attend, but the smells coming from the kitchen were scrumptious! The only down sides we saw were that the bathrooms were also very small, &the showers are outdated and don't really leave much privacy in the women's bathroom. Other than that.. :D

• 28th Sep 2013

Ganpati G.H.

Jodhpur, India

We stayed at Ganpati guesthouse for 2 nights, and I think we were the only ones there. It was the beginning of low season, so I think that is why. Other than that, this was a great guesthouse, very clean and quiet (though that might be because of the construction work on the street below, reducing traffic noise), and all-round a nice place to stay. The staff were friendly, though being low season, there was no restaurant. It's very close to the clock-tower (5minute walk), fort steps (10min walk)

• 30th Apr 2013

Hotel Surja Guest House

Jaisalmer, India

This place was simply amazing! We got a room that faced the city from within the fort itself. There was also a small 'balcony' where we could sit and watch the world go by. Simply amazing! The only thing that wasn't so good was the restaurant; the food seemed very over-priced and the portions quite small. Other than that, Raj picked us up at the train station and we had a great time there!

• 26th Apr 2013

Mojito House

Chiang Mai, Thailand

A nice hostel in a good area, very close to the market. Coming from the train station we paid 20 baht on a red bus thing.. he started at 300. There's a restaurant attached to the hostel which opens at varying times. The rooms are clean, and there are lockers on the ground floor where you can rent a padlock. The dorms have great air circulation, but the double room wasn't so lucky.

• 20th Mar 2013

Sam Sen Sam

Bangkok, Thailand

A very clean and tidy hostel. The staff are extremely helpful with anything you need and cater to every need. I found this hostel to be very well organised too! I told them that I'd like to go to the weekend market and they had a prepared piece of paper with the bus number, direction, cost, and Thai translation to and from the hostel. This happened for most of the tourist destinations we wanted to visit! They really made backpacking simple! :D Airport-hostel taxi = 500bhat & about 1 hour..

• 16th Mar 2013

Happy Coconuts Hostel

Manila, Philippines

We decided to try and find this place ourselves, but after taking a Jeepnee we got terribly lost. Two hours later we made it! But on the way back we saw just how close to the airport this place was! :-) The staff there are absolutely amazing and helped us book our bus tickets to Clark Airport, even though it took all day! Thanks for the help, we couldn't have done it without you!

• 15th Mar 2013

JLC Hostel

Puerto Princesa City, Philippines

A nice hostel all together. The staff were extremely friendly and helped us in any way we needed! It's about a ten minute walk to the Main Street (Rizal Avenue) and its probably best to take a motor tricycle from the airport. If you walk outside of the Airport you could probably get one for around 30peso. Great hostel!!

• 26th Feb 2013

Planet Paprika Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

Nıce place to stay! Mr Paprıka hımself is a legend, and there's also a cute gypsy girl running around the place too! I loved it and would go back!

• 12th Sep 2012

Hostel Skippy

Cesky Krumlov, Czech Republic

I stayed at Skippys place for 4 nights but then loved it so much that I extended my stay for another two. MarianaTeresa and Skippy are both beautiful people and their personalities really shine through into the atmosphere of the hostel. The back terrace overlooking the river is a great place to chill out too. It's a bit of a hike from the bus station (10min) but definitely worth it!

• 19th Jul 2012

Sir Toby's Hostel

Prague, Czech Republic

What an awesome place to stay! Theres always something on in the cellar bar.. Pros: Free beer on arrival at their bar. Discounted rentable bus/metro/tram pass. Lockable wall-mounted boxes, some with powerpoints inside to charge your stuff. Anika, the gorgeous lady behind the counter. Free wifi AND free computers!! Cons: A little far from town center, İ walked the first tıme and took me about 20mins. No shelving in the showers to put your stuff. Laundry rate is expensive..

• 16th Jul 2012
  • Globetrotter

Fabians guesthouse was a nice place to stay. Fabian himself is an amazing person and so full of life! The hostel is a little out of the way but once there its a very cozy experience. No dorms only single beds (some of which could do with replacing). Bathrooms are clean and tidy though the shower next to the entrance was a little out of wack.

• 13th Jul 2012

Hostel7

Berlin, Germany

It all comes down to what you would put up with for eight euro a night. Don't get the wrong impression, it's a nice enough place. It even has a very well done lobby. But it's not too good for meeting people. Pros: Cheap rooms, cheap beers, relatively clean, great breakfast for the price, free wifi, showerhead in 503 is amazing! Cons: Some parts are still under constuction, I got a money money money vibe which sucked, about 20mins from Alexanderplatz, no elevators, computer is 2e/hr.

• 9th Jul 2012

Amsterdam Hostel Orfeo

Amsterdam, Netherlands

It was a nice hostel though a few things added here and there wouldnt go astray. For example, hooks in the bathrooms. It would make a huge difference, and it's such a small thing! The rooms were alright too, but even though they have a luggage area there are no lockers in the rooms. The breakfast consisted of bread and spreads, tea and coffee. Nothing special but it's something. The staff were very friendly and accommodating too!

• 30th Jun 2012
  • Globetrotter

Youth Hostel Van Gogh (Chab)

Brussels, Belgium

Great hostel! Has a bar downstairs so you can have a few drinks outside. Has a nice kitchen too. The rooms were basic, but had a sink in the room. I stayed in Room 1 up the stairs and security could have been a bit of an issue. Though they do also have lockers (big enough for backpack/suitcase) and give you locks for them. Staff were really friendly too!

• 25th Jun 2012

Hostel Blue Planet

Paris, France

It wasn't that bad of a place. But I can definitely understand the comments on the reviews. For the amount of money you pay, it was shockingly deprived of facilities. No Wifi, which today is a must for any hostel. Internet is a whopping 3 euro per half hour! Other than that, it was quite an average hostel.

• 24th Jun 2012

Reykjavik Backpackers

Reykjavik, Iceland

The only problem I found with this hostel was that there were never enough staff staffing the desks which resulted in long waits to be served. Once served though, the staff were very friendly and helpful. The location is great here, right on the main shopping street. They have a bar on the first floor so it's a nice place to meet people.

• 20th May 2012

Reykjavik Backpackers

Reykjavik, Iceland

A nice place really. The only thing was that it seemed terribly understaffed so if you needed anything there was always a wait. They have nice lounge areas on each floor and a small kitchen (which were only for use of double/twin rooms, but they made an exception). Bottom floor has a bar, which can get crowded at times. Free wifi is great, though they also have internet terminals, which were free when I was there. Great location! All in all, not a bad place to stay!

• 18th May 2012

Guesthouse Pavi

Reykjavik, Iceland

This is not the average backpacker hostel. As others have stated, you need to call an Icelandic phone number to be let in. Once in the guy who was there was very standoffish, though he seemed extremely busy, so it was understandable. I booked a dorm room, but he told me that it wasn't ready yet, so he put me in a twin room (with TV and sink) all to myself. There is no common area, nor any kitchen to use. Breakfast is provided though you have to pay extra for it.

• 17th May 2012

KEX Hostel

Reykjavik, Iceland

What a great place to stay! It was a little expensive, but that's to be expected in Iceland. Downstairs was a bar, with live music on some nights. Upstairs were the rooms. It was set up such that the music didn't flow into the rooms. They had heavy curtains to keep out the midnight sun, which is a must for any hostel in Iceland. Bathrooms were very well maintained, and plentiful.

• 7th May 2012

High Street Hostel

Edinburgh, Scotland

• 1st May 2012

Euro Hostel Glasgow

Glasgow, Scotland

This is not a hostel at all! It's a hotel that has seen an opportunity to tap into the backpacker market and provide a few dorm rooms for them. This lead to having next to no interaction with other backpackers. Though, to be fair, they do try hard. They have a nice kitchen, and chill out room is pretty cool. It was the cheapest place to stay so I wasn't complaining. They have sinks in the rooms now too!

• 30th Apr 2012

The Linen House Hostel

Belfast, Northern Ireland

It was a nice enough hostel, but I can see how some people (especially single female travelers) might feel a little intimidated by it. I stayed in the 24 bed dorm, and there was no security at all, though I felt safe enough. You could give your bags in to the reception who put it in a huge locker room for you. Tea and coffee are provided, but you must ask for it at the reception each time. There were a LOT of long-term residents there who seemed to take over the common area and kitchen at times.

• 27th Apr 2012

Abraham House

Dublin, Ireland

A huge hostel that you could really get lost in. It was one of the seedier places I've slept in, but never actually felt unsafe. I shared a room with 17 others and it was alright. There seemed to be many long term residents there though. The Wifi worked in the small TV room and kitchen, which was great.

• 25th Apr 2012

Sleepzone

Galway, Ireland

Great hostel to stay at. It is one of the bigger ones so if you're looking for a place to meet people, this might be a little hard. While I was there, there was a group of French students so the kitchens were over run by them. But it wasn't too bad since they had 4 kitchens! I booked the cheapest room, as I always do and ended up having a 10 bed dorm to myself!

• 23rd Apr 2012

Sleepzone

Galway, Ireland

• 22nd Apr 2012
  • Globetrotter

Great hostel to stay at! The staff were extremely friendly and always willing to help. Clean rooms, bathrooms, and kitchen! Also had an outdoor are to have a few drinks in the sun (whenever it came out!) and the common room was very comfy!

• 9th Apr 2012

Nomad

Cardiff, Wales

A nice place to stay. A bit of a maze getting there, but once there it was a great experience.

• 1st Apr 2012

A la Russe Hotel & Hostel

Moscow, Russia

It was a nice place to stay. I was put into a four-bed dorm with no door, but I'm a heavy sleeper so it didn't matter too much to me. It's a bit of a maze to get around in, but has nice facilities that are cleaned daily. For the price, I'd stay there again.

• 29th Feb 2012