Location: Canada, Gender: Female, Age: 25

Celica Art Hostel

Ljubljana, Slovenia

I met the most incredible people at Hostel Celica, which ended up shaping my entire time in Slovenia. The hostel in the middle of a really interesting and creative area, it's a really cool building, it's excellent value for the money, and the common spaces are great (indoor, outdoor, hammocks and all)! I'd totally recommend staying here so we can keep the regular influx of awesome people coming!

• 25th Jul 2013

Thanks a lot. Isn't everything about the people afterall? Happy we could be part of your Slovenian adventure! Kind regards, HC

Day and Night Hostel

Zagreb, Croatia

Day & Night was a great homebase for a couple of days. The common spaces are a bit gloomy, but that's not a problem if you aren't planning on spending much time hanging out in the hostel. Really helpful staff, close to the train and bus stations, and close to downtown but far enough away that it's quiet. Met some good people too!

• 23rd Jul 2013

The Drunken Monkey Hostel

Zadar, Croatia

We were only at the Drunken Monkey for a one night pit stop, but I really wished we could've stayed longer. The atmosphere and facilities are awesome (pool, rooftop terrace, great common spaces) and the staff is super friendly and helpful. Internet wasn't so strong in the rooms so if you're a geek like me and decide to take a work call while you'll there, you'll have to do it in the bar... which ended up going really well because I drank through most of it!

• 17th Jul 2013

Backpackers Fairytale

Split, Croatia

• 15th Jul 2013

Green Lizard Hostel

Hvar, Croatia

If you're looking for a place to hang out and meet other travellers, stay at the Green Lizard. The outdoor kitchen is awesome for making communal meals, there's a ton of common space, and Sanja (the manager) is really welcoming and hilarious. Plus there are hammocks. Hvar was definitely a highlight of our time in Croatia!

• 14th Jul 2013