Location: England, Gender: Male, Age: 25

Shelter City

Amsterdam, Netherlands

I generally has an enjoyable stay - but there were some real let-downs which could be improved: * The entry ticketing procedure seems completely unwelcoming and a major annoyance. * Mens showers, whilst clean, could do with a bit more privacy. * I attended Hostel Night on Friday as a non Christian on the understanding this wasn't a faith related activity (it was for meeting people) - I felt really awkward and discomforted when messages relating to faith were read out. * Computers not good.

Baldursbra Guesthouse

Reykjavik, Iceland

Enjoyed our stay at Baldursbra - Initially we were rather confused as we were not staying at the guesthouse with the hot tub. Instead it was a short drive/walk away. This wasn't much of an issue as we hired a car, but this should be made clear on the listing that there are multiple locations. The property we stayed in was very clean and had a lot of bathrooms. Very welcoming/helpful staff who served the breakfast each day! She was really nice and very helpful. Breakfast could have been fresher.

• 25th Aug 2015

Hlemmur Square

Reykjavik, Iceland

The photos provided do not provide an accurate representation of the dormitory rooms, they are rather run down and doesn't look like a cleaner has touched it for a while, same for the bathrooms. The majority of the under-bed draws could not be locked as they were broke and the WiFi is very poor. 3 bed private was overpriced and lacked the basics: kettle, coffee/free tea, it wasn't a pleasant place to stay. The sofabed was VERY uncomfortable and staff seem uninterested in why we were complaining.

• 23rd Aug 2015

Woodah Hostel

Copenhagen, Denmark

Really mixed views on the hostel - it was really nice and the staff were really nice. Love the fresh bread! But I think it could be really good with the following improvements: - Shower rooms could do with better drainage - it was wet all over the floor. Both in and out of the shower. - Explaining more on checkin - where things are, about the yoga, maybe a leaflet or something with the WIFI password/yoga times/map of the hostel how to get there, would be quite useful.

City Hostel - Central Station

Stockholm, Sweden

Great hostel, clean, friendly, good value, great location. I would stay again and would recommend. Nice kitchen facilities.

Cheers for that! Hostel manager

Hostel Erottajanpuisto

Helsinki, Finland

I really liked this hostel apart from two major gripes: 1 - There was one key per room, shared between all 6 people. The last person out is meant to leave it at reception, it's just really confusing and you don't actually get a key. Although the reception is 24hours and somewhere is always there, I think this is fundamental issue that could be easily fixed with key/number locks or something similar. 2 - Slightly on the expensive side, but great location and nice hostel. Get what you pay for!

New York Budget Inn

New York, USA

Eastener Hostel

Berlin, Germany

Exactly what I was looking for! A quiet hostel, not too big, in a central location. Great rates, great facilities - it's hard to fault in terms of value for money. Staff are very helpful - ask about your stay, your plans and even recommend stuff! I would have no hesitation recommending this hostel to anyone looking for a quiet exploration of Berlin!

Pride of Paddington

Out of all the hostels I have been to - this ranks as one of the best! The breakfast is amazing (and free), the hostel located just outside Paddington and I really can't complain about any part of it! Such a great place! Would definately recommend.

Reggae Guest House 2