Location: Canada, Gender: Female, Age: 30

Hospedaje Donosti B&B

San Sebastian, Spain

This B&B is in a fantastic location - 5 mins from beach and 10 mins from old town. Very clean, quiet at night, excellent shared bathrooms. Eggs/toast/sometimes fruit at breakfast. Highly recommend!

#bunk taksim

Istanbul, Turkey

This hostel does look like a hotel, which has pros and cons. On the upside it is extremely clean and well organized, and the roof terrace is pretty chic. On the downside there are so many rooms that it loses the communal cozy hostel vibe and starts to feel like....a hotel! I think this place is best for a group of friends. As a single traveller it didn't seem as friendly as other hostels I've stayed at.

Jumba Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

What a fantastic hostel! Since there's only room for 12 people it is cozy and you get to know the owners and other guests, which is great for a single traveller: I was never without someone to have dinner with! It seemed most guests are closer to their early thirties than early twenties. The sisters running the hostel are so friendly, giving good tips on the city and always up for a chat. I highly recommend this small, friendly hostel!

Gallery Hostel Porto

Porto, Portugal

The best hostel I've ever stayed in! The communal dinners in the evening were fantastic and were a great way to meet people. Stay at this hostel!

Hostel Ruthensteiner Vienna

Vienna, Austria

The private ensuite room for three was like an apartment - beautifully refinished in hard wood, with a small kitchen and balcony, it was perfect! For only 24 euros per person, it was a great surprise!

• 6th May 2013

Hostal Bronce

Nerja, Spain

This place is more of a guest house than a hostel. You get our own room with ensuite bath for a great price, but if you're looking to be sociable it's not the greatest place. Very clean, quiet at night, and a 7 minute walk from the beach!

Oasis is an amazing hostel - the best I've ever stayed at! There is always something going on (walking tour, tapas tour, dinner on the terrace), the staff are so friendly, and it seems to attract a good crowd of travelers! Outside the hostel, Granada is pretty great as well!

Amanda! We were very happy to have you around, now we want you back. Hope everything is good back in London. Kind regards, Maxi, Granada Team

I think the bedrooms could have been cleaner. There was a dead cockroach in my room in plain view. Also, leaving mops in the bathrooms leads to an unpleasant, musty smell. Loved the terrace!

Sleep Well Youth Hostel

Brussels, Belgium

This hostel was very clean, with ample showers. The location is great as it's a short walk to the major tourist sites. The staff at the desk were not very enthusiastic, but they were helpful. This doesn't seem like the type of hostel that organizes pub crawls, but for a one night stay it was fine.

The free breakfast was all gone by 9:30am on a Sunday morning...and the staff didn't seem to care at all! Bit annoying. Also, could you get a hairdryer to lend out at reception? It seems like most hostels seem to have them.

Hello, thank you for your feedback. I can assure you that we do care!! We did unfortunately run out of bread that morning but there is always tea/coffee, cereal and eggs available. We order enough breakfast for every guest every day and sometimes the early birds take a little more than we count for - unfortunately this can happen and we are currently looking into ways to improve this to ensure that everyone gets a good start to their day! Some of our rooms have hair dryers but we are also looking into getting some for renting. Thanks again and hope to see you again soon!

Villa Sigurata