Reviews: culhane3psc826

The bar tender was a little pushy, and the night reception guy was really cold. The day staff was amazing. There was a very good atmosphere in the hostel, and it was a great value for the money. I loved the bathroom arraignments. There was always room to use the facilities. This was a very good experience, and I would recommend it to anyone going to Salzburg. A little bit of a walk from the train station. The beautiful woman at reception make up for it.

hi there. thanks for the feedback. save travells :)

Wombats City Hostel Munich

Munich, Germany

The hostel was a good value for the money. The bar downstairs was great and really made it worth staying. Its a little corporate feeling, but the front desk staff was helpful enough. Really close to the main station, and the 24 hour reception was a plus.

MEININGER Amsterdam City West

Amsterdam, Netherlands

My group booked 3 beds in a six person dorm. We were split up, and the staff seemed very unconcerned that we had wish to be together.

Vita Nova

Amsterdam, Netherlands

It would have been nice if there were a closet or separate room for luggage storage. I know why there is no showering after 11, but it made it very hard to stay.

Albareda Youthhostel

Barcelona, Spain

Nice hostel in a nice area near the beach. Has really good AC and the staff are cool. I would stay again. right next to metro.

The hostel was in a very bad area. They advertise air conditioning but refused to turn it on when we ask. They said it costs too much and we should open a window. The hostel is not clean. I found a lot of hair on my sheets. The staff is very bad and told us if we had a problem then we should go to another hostel. I didn't have high expectations going into it but I was blown away by how bad the staff and hostel were. Please stay somewhere else.

Hotel des Olympiades

Paris, France

It is a one star hotel in an ok area near the metro. Toilet and sink in each room. You share a big shower. It was better then I thought it would be. I would stay again based on the price.

Steffi's Hostel Heidelberg

Heidelberg, Germany

Only stayed 2 nights. The hostel is right next to the train station. It has a really big kitchen and the rooms are a good size as well. I would stay again.

Wombats City Hostel Munich

Munich, Germany

The staff was terrible and knew nothing. They were out for the hostel and not the backpackers staying there. I asked where a bathroom was and a staff member told me they didn`t know. I asked if I could print something at the front desk and the staff member couldn`t find out what email address for the hostel was. The front desk didnĀ“t want us to do the New Europe tour, they wanted us to do their tour. They refused to even tell us where the new europe tour was. Stay at another hostel, 2 next door.

Hi James! Thanks for your rating! Although I must say that's it's just not possible that our staff doesn't know about our own bathrooms and e-mail-address. I mean they use them themselves! Also, most of our workers are already here for longer than a year at least. So there must have been some sort of misunderstanding. Also we always give out information about all the tours in Munich but in respect to our own experiences we recommend one or the other which doesn't have to be one of "ours" necessarily. The guides in our house work independently, they are not employed by us. Also we don't have any financial deal with them for the sake of objectivity. So basically they just pick up their customers here. In the end we want you guys to have the best time here in Munich which includes recommending specific tours, pubs, events, etc. If it didn't work out for you I'm very sorry but I hope you have a great trip onwards. Take care!

The hostel is literally part of the train station but the directions don't tell you that so be careful. It was a nice clean hostel, offering many services and being part of thain station makes is very easy to get trains back, even late at night. More like a hotel then a hostel.

Dear James, thank you very much for your comment. There are big ground posters in the train station that shows you the way to us. Anyway, next time you know where to find us. We are looking forward to seeing you again. Your MEININGER Team

Jetpak Alternative

Berlin, Germany

this was the best hostel I've ever stayed in. I got to meet great people, drink amazing coffee and I've never felt more taken care of. The area was very affordable and had lots of cheap places to eat.

Astor Hyde Park

A good hostel. Far from the major sites but in a very nice area. Buy a metro pass. Really fun hostel.

RC Miguel Angel

Madrid, Spain

It was a small hostel but the staff were very helpfull and it was right next to the metro. The area is nice but very expensive. Think about taking the metro to another area to eat. We stayed in the 8 bed mixed dorm. Had a lot of fun. Do the pub crawl. We had Alex and he was super cool. A lot of drinks for free or cheap and the guide will babysit you and never leave your side. Whenever you want to leave he will escor you home.

Be Mar Hostel

Barcelona, Spain

I stayed in the double private and it was amazing. Basically you're own apartment. Hard to find (because of Spanish roads) but well worth it. I made the cute blonde girl at the front desk repeat the directions to the apartment twice, so we wouldn't get lost again. She thinks I'm an idiot but I would have too. Area looks shady but it really isn't bad and everything around the hostel (food/shops) is very affordable. I will stay again.