The Only Backpacker's Inn

Toronto, Canada

The delicious waffle breakfast is the best breakfast any hostel in the world could serve you, and considering its included price in the roomrate, it's excellent value. The neighbourhood is vibrant and has an excellent range of multi cultural restaurants at good prices, and many other cheap places to eat out.Metro is close. Hostel is kept clean. The only thing I didn't like is that the dorm room has too many beds, making it too cramped to move around in.

HQ (headquarter) of Nove Sujashvili

Stepantsminda (Kazbegi), Georgia

I really enjoyed my stay here in this homestay, in fact one of the more memorable places I stayed at in my trip through Georgia. the hosts are really friendly and welcoming and gets to know their guests. Its location wasn't so hard to find, and from here it is easy to walk to Stepantsminda and also to the monastery up on the hill. The food is delicious and has a homely feel to it. I was even introduced to different types of foods and flavours I would not have been able to discover even in a rest

Borjomi Hostel

Borjomi, Georgia

The couple working here were nice and welcoming, but I think the hostel is overpriced compared to many places around Georgia.The location is quite good as you can walk from here to most places in Borjomi and there is a restaurant next door and a bakery a short walk from here.One thing I found annoying is when the couple who work here decided to start drinking late night and then sing hippie songs while the rest of us in the room were trying to sleep... but they're nice guys when sober.

Eastern Heritage

Melaka, Malaysia

very basic place to stay which is why it is cheap, but good value for money. the building is quite nice and has an old world feel about it. very friendly owner and cleaner. hotel is in a quiet part of town away from the tourist crowds, but still within walking distance to the tourist district. the food and shopping in this neighbourhood are really cheap. they were also able to organise a driver for me to do some day trips out of melaka.

Rheinberg Homestay

Munnar, India

Nice homestay in a nice location on a hill above the town of Munnar. Close to the Catholic church so you can also attend mass (in Malayalam!) the room has a nice character, interior decoration is interestingly done up in bamboo. the room is spacious and clean and there is hot water. wifi is good. the guesthouse can also provide a driver for you to do some sightseeing in surrounding areas. the family is nice and friendly and welcoming. it's easy and convenient to walk from here to town and back.

instructions to this hostel say to catch a taxi to the hostel after getting off the airport bus, but I found it impossible to hail a taxi because they were all full and the traffic was awful during peak hour. When I got to the hostel I was rudely greeted by the girl at reception. The hostel is dirty, there were cockroaches in the shower and only one shower had hot water. The only upside is that the hostel is close to carrefour and brt bus stop. Beware of pickpockets at the Int. Bazaar!

Tavern 47

Shangri-la, China

Really enjoyed my stay here, the owners are very friendly and make an effort to get to know their guests. Good wireless connection, warm beds with electric blankets for cold nights and good advice on what to see in town and how to getthere on public transport. The yak burger here is becoming famous, even people staying at other hostels come over just for the yak burgers! They can also arrange a driver for you to get to the airport at an acceptable price.

Belka Hostel

Listvyanka, Russia

The location is up a slight incline and can be quite far to walk just to get to the main street, but is not hard to locate. The staff are friendly and very knowledgable of the region.If you stay here you must try the banya because most hostels in Russia won't have a banya. The interior of the hostel feels like a country cottage in winter. The hostel is spacious and the kitchen is good and so are the wash rooms. No wireless available, but this place is for a 'retreat'.

SibTourGuide Hostel

Krasnoyarsk, Russia

Excellent place to stay, very friendly staff. analtoy emails you once you have booked so check your junk mail because the email contains further instructions on how to find the hostel. The hostel is new and clean, the kitchen a bit small but adequate, this hostel has a boiler so you can still have warm showers. Do the tour with Anatoly to Stolby nature reserve it is quite adventurous. The staff aren't always around so you might have to call them if you have any questions.

Hostel Domino

Tomsk, Russia

Firstly, if you arrive at Tomsk-1 railway station, the bus to catch is number 4, not the ones listed on their ad. The building is OK to locate, but it was difficult to get inside the building and locate the hostel itself. There is no sign whatsoever, even on their door. I think you need their phone number to call them when you arrive. I didn't have a phone, but a resident in the building located the hostel for me and called them for me;Once inside though, the staff are really friendly, the kitchen is nic

Domino Hotel

Yekaterinburg, Russia

This hostel is easy to walk to from the train station, which is very convenient. The rooms are very spacious. The kitchen is a bit small, but still good. It is like staying in an apartment. You can walk from here to see the main sights in Yekaterinburg. There is a good supermarket just down the road from here. The staff are generally friendly, depends on who's working at the time. When I arrived, there was a staff member ready to greet me and show me the way, and my bed was already made for me!

Trulli Holiday Resort

Alberobello, Italy

One of the most unique places i\'ve ever stayed in. i booked a single room and was given a whole trulli cottage to myself, furnished with a full kitchen, lounge, tv, ensuite, queen size bed. the staff give you a warm handshake welcome, and really aim to please. the breakfast is in a cafe and is excellent. the location is about 5 minutes walk from the train station. there is wifi access at reception only. highly recommended mille grazie!

Safestay York

York, England

This place is good. I would highly recommend it but its strange that there is only one shower and toilet shared between 14 people in a dorm. The wifi wasn't working when I was there which was inconvenient for me. The staff were quite friendly. they answered my email enquiries (the other hostel didn't so they lost businees). The building has nice architecture and is within walking distance to the train station and the railway museum and the walls of york. almost perfect stay.