Reviews: Gorza

Location Poland, Gender Female, Age 35

14th Feb 2016

A beautiful building, good located close to the city center. The only thing I would criticize is the slow internet.

Orchid Lodge, Cameron Highlands, Malaysia
26th Sep 2015

It's a nice hostel, but with no backpackers atmosphere. The volunteers are very nice and helpful: the Austrian girl gave me her rain jacket so that I wouldn't get wet during the tour. It's 2 minutes from bus stop, close to all restaurants and the bar. My private room was quite big, with a little balcony. What I didn't like was the lack of atmosphere (maybe because the owner were not there?) and the ice cold water. Cameron Highlands are cold so taking shower in an icy water was very unpleasant.

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you felt so comfortable in your room. We apologize that we haven't explained you properly how the shower works, because its a malaysian style shower so a bit complicated, but we actually have 24h hot shower. We hope we can welcome you back and wish you happy travels.

Jalan-Jalan Emas, Melaka, Malaysia
23rd Sep 2015

One of the best hostels I've stayed in Malaysia. Awesome, super friendly stuff, social atmosphere, location middle in Chinatown. There was sometimes no hit water, but who cares, it's hot anyway;)

Green Kiwi Backpacker Hostel, Singapore, Singapore
16th Sep 2015

Nice stuff, the location is not perfect, but not very bad as well. The showers are good and roof top garden great. I'd stay there again.

Dream Catcher Travelers Refuge, Penang, Malaysia
11th Sep 2015

Very clean, nice Location (almost on the Love Lane), very helpful stuff who understands the travelers needs: I could still have a shower hours after checking out:) The only thing I didn't like so much, it's too quiet. But still I'd stay there again.

Tipsy Gypsy Guesthouse, Langkawi, Malaysia
8.0
6th Sep 2015

It's a very social hostel with a nice bar. Generally a good hostel, but there were some issues, that were bothering me: the staff would clean the bathroom once a day, but they would not check it in between, so I had to ask for a new toilette paper many times. Or I paid for a coffee 4 RM and than saw on menu it costs 3!!! It's about 15-20 min to the beach, but if you're on Thursday the night market is very close. I still would recommend it for the social atmosphere and the happy hour at the bar.

Reggae Mansion Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2nd Sep 2015

The location is just perfect: few minutes to the light train, Chinatown, Little India. The beds are big and separated, so you have a lot of privacy. Stuff well trained and helpful. The only one thing I didn't like were the showers. It is a WC-shower combo:( After taking shower the whole WC is wet.

Hostel Business-Molodosti, Yaroslavl, Russia
5.7
10th Jan 2015

1.They put me in 8-bed dorm although I booked and PAID for 6-bed 2. Hundreds of children - be prepared for an obligatory wake up service at 7 am 3 No foreigner tourists at all, only Russian workers. I didn't feel welcomed, in contrary I felt I don't belong here 4. Difficult to find, if not reading Cyrillic impossible 5. The stuff wasn't unpolite, but not extraordinary friendly as well, didn't show me around, the facilities etc. Generally it's not horrible, but still I can't recommend

Vagabond Hostel, Moscow, Russia
4th Jan 2015

Everything was good except for one girl stuff who was more interested in talking on phone than checking me in and showing around. Great location, washing machine, kitchen where you can really cook:) Strongly recommend!

Hostel Pushkin, Kazan, Russia
26th Dec 2014

It's very clean and good located, although not easy to find (an additional sign on Pushkina street would be nice!), big kitchen, all new. You have to walk ca 15 min to Kremlin, but it's a nice walk on Baumana street, metro station is 2 min away. What I didn't like was lack of atmosphere (pretty common in Russian hostels unfortunately) and some small things like no personal light. The 4-person dorm was way too small for 4 people, but I was lucky to be there alone, so it was comfortable to me:)

• Poland, Male, 31-40
CheapSleep Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
12th Dec 2014

The location is not in the centre, but still not bad: the tram stop is right there and metro 7 min. walk. It was very clean and the beds were separated from each other so you dont feel like sleeping in an 18-person dorm at all! What I liked most, were lockers, that you open/close with your key. What was really annoying: there were some older guys, who seemed to be drunk 24h a day, some of them sleeping on the couch in common room. Thats why I didnt use the common room at all and didnt socialise.

Yaroslav Hostel, Veliky Novgorod, Russia
17th Oct 2014

I love the location! You can see Yaroslavl from your window:). They have all you need: kitchen, washing machine, good showers. All informations are written both in Russian and English. Stuff friendly and helpful, answered all my questions. The only thing I didn't like was the wifi didn't work properly.

Bodega Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand
27th Feb 2014

It's difficult to find. But it's the only thing I didn't like. It's clean, there is enough space in the dorm, stuff is awesome and they have a 24/7 bar. Highly recommend!

Koh Tao Central Hostel, Koh Tao, Thailand
22nd Feb 2014

Very clean, close to the ferry. The beds are separated so you have your privacy. Not a party hostel, but if you just wanna sleep it's a very good choice.

Spicytao Backpackers, Koh Tao, Thailand
18th Feb 2014

Generally I liked the hostel, as it's good to chill out and meet people. It's very cheap and the stuff is friendly. The only thing I didn't like were dogs sleeping in my dorm. And there is no security at all. Everybody can get to your room as the hostel is on an opened ground and you can't lock the room.

HQ, The Headquarters, Koh Phangan, Thailand
6.9
12th Feb 2014

I must say I have mixed feelings about the Dancing Elephant. If you like to party EVERY DAY it's probably one of the best choices. They have a bar with loud music and a very social atmosphere. But if you would like to sleep one of those 5 obligatory nights - it's impossible. The stuff is so so. Some (especially guy on the front desk and the girl by travel office) are really nice and always ready to help. The other don't speak English and they even don't TRY to understand you. Not enough WCs.

Tipsy Manor, Chiang Mai, Thailand
5th Feb 2014

Fantastic place if you wanna party;) The stuff is very friendly and helpful, location not far away from the main gate. I will come again for sure!

NapPark Hostel at Khao San, Bangkok, Thailand
7.7
30th Jan 2014

The hostel is very clean, the location great. The room was spacious, bed too, and the whole building beautiful. The only thing I didn't like was the stuff. They are always so busy with their phones or computers that they don't have time to say "hallo" . And it's not really a cheap place. But anyway I would recommend because of the location and cleanness.

Hostel Ani & Haakien Rotterdam, Rotterdam, Netherlands
31st Oct 2013

Very clean, friendly atmosphere, big nice kitchen and common room. The only thing I didn't like was the shower.

St Christopher's at The Winston, Amsterdam, Netherlands
29th Oct 2013

Everything very good, nice bar and smoking room, would come back again!

You better!

Flying Pig Downtown, Amsterdam, Netherlands
28th Oct 2013

The Location is in the Centre but the street gets unpleasant after dark. Average atmosphere, nothing really bad but nothing really good as well. But to be honest I have stayed there for just one night.

Samesun Venice Beach, Los Angeles, USA
16th Sep 2013

Fantastic location, right on the Venice beach, clean, every day activities. I can just recommend:)

We are really glad that you were able to take advantage of the daily activities and that you enjoyed your stay!!

Banana Bungalow Hollywood, Los Angeles, USA
13th Sep 2013

Great hostel for party people. Every day there is something going on and it's really well done. They have a nice big patio where you can hang out at a daytime or have a party on the evening. The stuff very nice and easy going. The only small bugs were the poor breakfast and sometimes dirty bathroom ( I've seen some cockroaches there) but despite this it's very fun, very relaxing place to stay, so I can definitely recommend.

Thank you for your positive review! We truly pride ourselves on our collection of daily and nightly events and are always working to improve upon that notion. We are also updating our breakfast by adding more selection. Be sure to come stay again the next time you are in Los Angeles!

Hostel on 3rd, San Diego, USA
8.0
5th Sep 2013

The location is great, the stuff very friendly and helpful, they have lot of bathrooms and they are clean. What I did not like it was too quiet there. No parties, no possibility to meet other people etc. so if you are looking for a clean, quiet place it's a very good choice. I was looking for a party hostel, so I would not stay there again.

Hostel Cat, Las Vegas, USA
30th Aug 2013

The only Bad in this hostel was the location, it's quite far to the Strip. But beside that everything was great: nice patio where you can meet new people, they organize every day a different event and I had great people in my room. If you are looking for a great party hostel, I can definitely recommend:)

Old Town Bilbao House, Bilbao, Spain
3rd Jul 2012

Very good location in the Old Town, big, clean rooms and helpful stuff. 100% recommend!

Parkview Hostel, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
9th Jun 2012

I love Parkview! Very good location, just few minutes from the metro. The rooms are small, but clean and with AC. The stuff is very nice and helpful. I met very nice people there. The best thing is you can go to the rooftop and enjoy the amazing Hong Kongs night view. I definitely recommend Parkview and come back again! Stayed in Pandora before and it was quiet and boring. So if you are easy going and want to meet some people to hang out, choose Parkview.

Pandora after 80s, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
6.6
2nd Jun 2012

I have chosen Pandora because of their "bar" which doesnt exist:( The stuff is never there, even if there are people checking out. And the shower on the 9th floor is a joke.

6.6
29th May 2012

The hostel is very well located and beautiful, but they have to improve the security. My room was in a second building, where everybody could enter without being seen by the reception. One girl took her dog to the dorm (!) and the reception even havent noticed that. Second thing, the shower could be cleaner. And the bar was always empty:( But generally if you look for a quiet, cheap acomodation in a middle of the old town, I can recommend.

19th May 2012

The hostel is generally nice, with everything you would need: bar, restaurant, laundry, travel information ect. I would recommend althrough there are two things that are not ok. First the location. You have to walk ca 20 minutes to the center and the area is quite dirty. But on the other side you are quite close to the train station. The second thing I didnt like was internet: you have to pay 10 RMB for 10 minutes! Its very expensive. Fortunately there is an internet cafe 5 minutes walk.

thx for your staying.i am so sorry for the misunderstand for the internet pice if you our computer.it's 1yuan for ten mins.

Yamen Hostel, Pingyao, China
5.1
16th May 2012

My single room was dirty and far away from the entrance. It wasnt cleaned for the 2 nights I stayed. The hostel seemed to be deserted and anyway I got one of the worse rooms! (I saw another one and it was much better). There is a bar but it was empty. To get a drink or meet another travelers you have to go somewhere else. And from the stuff only one girl could speak English. The only good think was the location and free pick up from the train station.

• Poland, Female, 25-30
Hostel Tyn, Prague, Czech Republic
9.3
21st Oct 2011

Very nice hostel in the Old Town. The rooms are clean, showers as well. There is a kitchen and free internet. I will come back again:)