Reviews: briantravel

Location: Canada, Gender: Male, Age: 38

Shelter City

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Great hostel - the best in Amsterdam! Felt very safe even thought it was close to red-light district. Breakfast was great and filling....excellent value for money!

• 30th Sep 2013

Soul Kitchen

St Petersburg, Russia

Hostel has the best staff, they made my short stay in St.Petersburg memorable and helped with excursions and other sights I wanted to visit. Surely I will stay with them again, they are the best in St.Petersburg....very impressive! The staff care so much about the visitors and the place is well kept and clean.

Hostel was tricky to find as directions were not the best....at the same time, want to practice your Russian? You are at the right place! The staff will be happy to help! :-)

Trinity Hostel

Minsk, Belarus

Great hostel and wonderful staff! They made my visit to Belarus memorable and helped arrange translations in Russian so I can get train tickets which are VERY cheap! Hostel is clean, and well managed.

Dream House Hostel

Kiev, Ukraine

Happy I booked this place, the hostel is one of the best I ever stayed in! Staff are wonderful., kind and very caring about the guests. Their advice about excursions is the best I ever heard and it IS worth listening to the hostel staff! They helped make my second visit to Ukraine very memorable and I will surely stay with them again! :-)

• 27th Aug 2013

Tapok Hostel

Chisinau, Moldova

Great place to stay, staff are wonderful and they made my visit to Moldova memorable. They provided me with what I needed to make my stay enjoyable....will stay with them again!

• 23rd Aug 2013

Holiday Hostel Bucharest

Bucharest, Romania

Staff are wonderful and made my second visit to Romania memorable. They are very friendly and I will stay with them again on any future visits. Again, the advice the staff gave me concerning travel to other towns which seem close by on a map but in reality very far by train is great to know before I set off! I take any advice given to my by hostel staff very seriously and glad I do listen to them.

• 21st Aug 2013

Internet Hostel Sofia

Sofia, Bulgaria

Second stay in this hostel and it was very enjoyable. I will stay with them for sure, they always made my visits memorable. Location is excellent and in walking distance from everything.

• 19th Aug 2013

Old Prague Hostel

Prague, Czech Republic

Great place! :-)

Hostel Ruthensteiner

Vienna, Austria

Wonderful, friendly and very caring staff who treat you like a friend and part of the family! They really go out of their way to help you....the best hostel in Europe! :-)

Milingona Hostel

Tirana, Albania

I am very happy with this hostel! The staff are very friendly and care a lot about the guests...I was helped with a lot, and shown the best places to see in Tirana! :-) I can proudly recommened this hostel and I already have made recommendations to this hostel to travellers I met in Macedonia who were going to Albania! :-) On future trips to Albania, I will stay here again! Best place in Tirana! The hostel is clean and beds are comfortable with good breakfast! :-)

• 13th Aug 2012

Montenegro Hostel Podgorica

Podgorica, Montenegro

Great place to spend a night or 2 and easy walking distance from bus station! Staff are friendly and the hostel is clean, and comfortable beds...room had air conditioning! :-) WIll stay here again and recommend!

• 12th Aug 2012

Hostel Enjoy

Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Great hostel, Jasmina is a great host and cares a lot about the guests of the hostel. She did so much for the guests, I am impressed. Will stay here again when in Bosnia in the future! Also will recommend to people on my travels! The hostel was very clean, and she told us about everything to see in Sarajevo that was worth visiting....next time I come back, I will have to do a trip to nearby Dubrovnik, Croatia! :-) Thank you for everything!

• 10th Aug 2012

Locomotive Light Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

Great hostel in walking distance from train station....staff are great and friendly, beds are comfortable and the fans kept us cool! The host showed me everything to see and do in Budapest! I even found a 5000 Forint note when walking in front of Parliament! :-) I will stay here again in the future and recommend!

Hostel Blues

Bratislava, Slovakia

I am really glad that I booked this hostel as it is the best place I have ever stayed in. I have stayed in 2 different hostels in Bratislava and this one is the best. The staff is wonderful and they care so much about this guests that it is amazing and that is VERY hard to find. They do great work here so it is no surprise they are staff and hostel of the year for 2012. The staff is extremely knowledgeable about not only Bratislava but all Slovakia…I am very happy that I listen to them!

Ruta 80

Brno, Czech Republic

Nice hostel with an 80s theme! Very clever design! The hostel is 10 mins walking from the city centre, the place was clean and beds were comfortable. I will stay here again if in Brno in the future...will recommend! :-)

• 28th Jul 2012

City Backpacker - Hostel Biber

Zurich, Switzerland

Great hostel and friendly/helpful staff! They told me everything to see in Zurich and helped with my day-trip to Vaduz! I will stay here again on future trips to Zurich as the value for my money at this hostel is great as Zurich is the worlds more expensive city! Will recommend too! :-)

• 22nd Jul 2012

The 4You Hostel Munich

Munich, Germany

Staff are very friendly and care about their guests. The breakfast was wonderful and I was shown everything to see and do in Munich. I will stay here in the future on return visits! Will recommend the hostel! :-)

• 19th Jul 2012

Vilnius Old Town Hostel

Vilnius, Lithuania

This is my second stay in this wonderful place! The staff are friendly, helpful and polite. They even booked a great place in Riga, Latvia for me. :-) Plus told me of a great place for pancakes...YUM! :-) The beds are comfortable, the hostel is VERY clean and the downstairs is great for meeting people. :-) I have recommended this hostel to people I know in Canada and to my travel agent. For sure, I will stay here again! As I feel it is the best place in Lithuania! :-) Thank you! :-) Brian

City Hostel Geneva

Geneva, Switzerland

Great hostel...but as staff warned me there ARE a lot of pick-pockets in this area of Geneva... But apart from that, it is a great place...walking distance from the train station and 30 mins from the Switzerland/France border by tram(just take one to the end of the line, get off and walk across border into France). :-)

• 22nd Aug 2010

Summer Youth Hostel Mlada Garda

Bratislava, Slovakia

Not a bad place to stay...I had a room to myself! :-) The only down side is no wifi as internet cafes are expensive in Slovakia. If you need anything, there is a grocery store(LIDL) across the street.

• 11th Aug 2010

16EUR Hostel

Tallinn, Estonia

Great hostel! :-) The manager even got my laundry done which was really appreciated! Will tell my travel agent and people I know who visit Estonia to stay at this hostel. :-) Keep up the great work! :-)

New World St. Hostel

Warsaw, Poland

Great hostel...the walk up the stairs is good excercise! :-) Just 10 minutes walk to the old city. Warsaw is a great city, extremely nice people. The hostel is nice, comfortable beds, good showers. I will recommend this place to friends who visit Warsaw and to my travel agent. The staff are wonderful and helpful too. :-) I will stay here again for sure!

• 27th Jul 2010

Cracow Hostel

Krakow, Poland

Best hostel in Krakow! Thank you to the smiling and happy girls in reception who work very hard and made my visit to Krakow memorable. :-) The Auschwitz/Birkenau tour is WORTH seeing. So is St.Mary's bascilia and WAWEL - amazing! The beds were comfortable and breakfast is amazing! :D This hostel has been already recommended to my travel agent and to friends that I know who are going to Krakow. I will stay here again for sure! Thank you and keep up the great work! :-)

• 24th Jul 2010

Ravnice Youth Hostel

Zagreb, Croatia

Great hostel! I enjoyed my stay here, the beds were comfortable, very clean place and breakfast is excellent! :-) They are also very accomodating..I would get up for breakfast and see tents in the courtyard. :-) The common area is great to meet people and the hostel is only 10 minutes from the train station by tram. I have recommended this hostel to my travel agent and to friends who visit Zagreb, Croatia. I will stay here again, thank you! :-)

• 19th Jul 2010

Budapest, Hungary

I have stayed at this hostel a few times, and it is wonderful. :-) Joseph the manager is a very nice wonderful person who helped me see everything worth seeing in Budapest. :-) The hostel is a great place to meet people too! Joesph is also very accomodating and he goes out of his way to help you. I was given a towel on loan to use at the Hungarian bath which I miss. I will stay here again and this hostel was recommended to friends and my travel agent. Thank you Joseph! :-)

• 16th Jul 2010

Butterfly Villa Hostel

Bucharest, Romania

Excellent hostel! The staff are very friendly(thank you Carmen for the sightseeing advice), breakfast is wonderful too! This is a great place to meet people and I was shown all the best things to see and do in Bucharest. They made my visit memorable. The beds were very comfortable and the hostel is very clean. I will recommend this hostel to my travel agent and to people I know who visit Romania...I will stay here again! :-) Keep up the excellent work! :-)

• 12th Jul 2010

City Hostel

Skopje, Macedonia

Excellent hostel! :-) Macedonia is such a deeply interesting country and the hostel owner treats you like a friend than a guest. He showed me everything interesting to see in Skopje. :-) I have recommended this hostel to my travel agent and to anyone i know who visits Skopje, Macedonia. The old city is amazing. :-) The breakfast is wonderful too, the best I ever have seen! :D The hostel is also very clean, good comfortable beds. Thank you and hope to visit Macedonia soon! :-)

Eurostar Hostel Belgrade

Belgrade, Serbia

Ivan really the best hostel manager I came across! He even picked me up and 3 polish girls at the train station! He told me everything to see and do in Belgrade and made my experience unforgettable. Very professional! The place is very clean and beds are comfortable, we were warmly welcomed with a drink too - a great place to meet people! :-) I have recommended this place to people I know in Canada and to my travel agent. I will stay here again on future trips to Serbia! Thank you Ivan! :-)

Budapest, Hungary

This is my 5th stay in this wonderful hostel! Joseph is a very nice person, and really goes out of his way to help you. He is a wonderful host. :-) The hostel is clean and the beds are comfortable. You are treated more like a friend than a guest in this hostel and he can help with excursions to other towns! I have recommended this hostel to people I know in Canada and to my travel agent. For sure I will stay here in the future - it is the best hostel in Budapest in my opinion! KöszönÃ

Hostel Suites Obelisco

Buenos Aires, Argentina

The staff(girls at the front desk) at the hostel need lessons in HOSTEL MANAGEMENT AND CUSTOMER SERVICE....especially the 2 girls working at the front desk....they are the worst. Refused to even call for help when I got sick - other disgusted travelled helped me instead. Those 2 girls should be fired immediately for that. Apart from that a great place to stay.

Mexico City Hostel

Mexico City, Mexico

Wonderful hostel, extremely friendly helpful girls at the reception. They made my stay in Mexico City one to remember. I will stay here again for sure. :-) I have recommended this hostel to my travel agent and to friends who visit Mexico City...a very interesting place! :-) Gracias!

• 16th Jan 2009

Mexico City Hostel

Mexico City, Mexico

This has to be one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. The location is excellent and facilities are very comforatable. Paulina is a wonderful person. She is very nice, polite and helpful. I will stay at this hostel in the future and will recommend to friends in Canada who travel to Mexico City. :-)

Cracow Hostel

Krakow, Poland

Excellent hostel! :-) Must be the best in Europe...or ONE of the best in Europe.

• 13th Aug 2008

Budapest, Hungary

this is truly a wonderful place to stay. the management are great, freindly and helpful people. They always want to help you to make sure you have a good time. I will highly recommend this hostel to people going to Budapest. :-)