Reviews: katejvh

Location Canada, Gender Female, Age 34

• Canada, Female, 25-30
Len Kyoto, Kyoto, Japan
12th Mar 2017

Len Kyoto was such a treat. It has a great location in regards to Kyoto Station and getting anywhere is pretty much an easy combo of walking and train (or bus for the adventurous). The staff were all amazing, friendly, and fairly fluent in English which made for an easy stay. There's a fantastic cafe/restaurant/bar on the ground floor frequented by locals and tourists alike. It has the most amazing chillaxed vibe that made everyone feel welcome. I can't rave enough about this place.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
4th Mar 2017

Overall, I was so impressed with On The Marks. I had a private single ensuite and the room was just enough space for me. The location near Kawasaki Station was perfect and only a 30 min train ride into central Tokyo, but there was plenty around the hostel to entertain. My only feedback is for others to not make the same mistake I did. I flew in to Haneda, which, if you take the train, puts you at the NON-JR Kawasaki station. The directions on the website are from the JR Kawasaki station.

Thank you very much for your review and comments. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that the size of the single room was to your liking. We are sorry to hear that you had trouble arriving via train; the two train stations in Kawasaki, JR and Keikyu, are easy to confuse for one another, and Keikyu is a little bit further away than JR. We hope that you consider us again when you are passing through the Kawasaki/Tokyo area. Cheers!

Da Elisa Alle Sette Arti, Lucca, Italy
21st Jul 2013

Lucca is a beautiful place and this hostel was beautiful as well. Simple, yet the kitchen facilities had that country Italian feel and the room my friend and I had was functional, yet large. It was average, but clean. No air conditioning, yet fans were provided. The staff were friendly and helpful and - above all - the place was clean.

Ape Latina, Rome, Italy
19th Jul 2013

Our hostess was not only very knowledgeable but generous! I had made an error and double-booked my friend and I for Rome and Lucca, and with only two days notice she (our hostess) let me cancel the night! Not only that, but she gave us information on the best places locals go in Rome as well as how to see everything we could in our short amount of time. No complaints. Highly recommend.

Journeys Brighton Hostel, Brighton, England
6.6
15th Feb 2013

American Dream Hostel, New York, USA
7th May 2011

If you're going to New York stay here. Central location in Manhattan. The staff are excellent. A young diverse crowd and the included breakfast is amazing! Great selection and great time to indulge in it!

Sleepzone, Galway, Ireland
6.0
18th Aug 2010

It's a fine hostel if you're looking for a general hosteling experience, but there's nothing really special about it. The kitchen is also small, and during our stay we talked to several single bed people who kept on getting shuffled around from night to night. Beware of that if you're travelling alone.

Downhill Beachhouse, Castlerock, Northern Ireland
13th Aug 2010

This is by far the best hostel in all of Ireland! Not only is the location great, but the staff was friendly and helpful and went above and beyond. The hostel itself is extremely well kept and clean. The kitchen facilities are great. Really I cannot say enough good things about this place. If you are planning to come to Ireland at all you must stop here for at least two nights.

Belfast International Youth Hostel, Belfast, Northern Ireland
11th Aug 2010

The hostel in general was really good. The staff was amazing! So helpful and so patient with all our little trivialities. The room was good, functional. The bathroom however was below standards. The garbage hadn't been emptied and it would have been better to have a shower curtain or something of the sort to separate that from the toilet.

×