Reviews: linknlaw

MEININGER Amsterdam City West

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Meininger Hostel does have great facilities. You wonder if you are staying in a hotel or a hostel at times. But the dorm rooms certainly make this place a hostel. The drawback is that the hostel is not close enough to Amsterdam to make walking easy, so you have to take the train going to and from town. Given its location, you'd expect the room rates to be more reasonable. Unlike most hostels that offer free breakfast, this hostel chain charges for the buffet breakfast. A bit pricy for me.

Dear guest, Thank you very much for leaving your comment here! We are very happy to see that you have enjoyed your stay here. We are a combination of a hotel and hostel which explains the wondering:). Our prices are very competetive but unfortunately Amsterdam is one of the most expensive cities in Europe to stay in. We hope to welcome you here some other time! (perhaps in low season with dorm beds for 14 euros). Warm regards, Meininger Amsterdam

MEININGER Brussels City Center

Brussels, Belgium

As hostels go, Meininger is exceptionally clean and safe. Unlike most hostels, Meininger hosts children under the age of 18. I really made me angry that these kids were allowed to run wild in the hallway. I had to report it to staff two times before anyone came to chase them back into their rooms. But that wasn't the end of it. Soon after, the kids returned and continued the ruckus. I doubt I'll be staying here again given the hostels penchant for allowing children to run amok.

The hostel's location makes getting around on foot quite easy. The staff was helpful, and the rooms were clean, as was the rest of the place. I really liked the extra showers and toilets in the gym area. Over all, a nice place to stay.

I loved this hostel. It's location in the hills above Nice was a bit far from town and the beach, but the views were great. I can't say enough about the staff, they were easy going and helpful. It's too bad that I won't be able to stay there in the future. since the property has been sold. But I look forward to staying at the new location in town.

Perfect Hostel

Paris, France

An out-of-the-way hostel, but a nice quiet place to stay.

I loved this place! The bar staff was great! Thanks Victoria for all the great service you provided me, you made my visit and I will come back again because of the great service you provided.

Our very own bar lady getting a great mention we are very happy to hear f it! She'll be very grateful too. We're very happy to hear that you loved your time here and we hope you'll be back soon. St Christopher's Inn GDN

A bit out of the way, but a good hostel.

Youth Hostel Meetingpoint

Amsterdam, Netherlands

The receptionist was great. The rest of the help were not of much use at all.

Durty Nellys Inn

Amsterdam, Netherlands

What can I say? Best place to stay in Amsterdam!

Cheers young man,much appreciated

Durty Nellys Inn

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Durty Nelly's has it all. This is the place I will return to again and again. BEWARE! The music is loud, so be sure to bring ear plugs. I had way to much fun, and met some great people. Amsterdam rocks!

Dubrovnik Backpackers Club

Dubrovnik, Croatia

How wonderful to find a family run hostel that makes you feel right at home. I was picked up at the bus station, taken to the hostel, given a drink and a map, shown where the buses run and the time table, checked in, and extended my stay by two days. I would recommend the Backpackers Club without any hesitation for any traveler. Love this place, love the hosts.

Ciao Hostel

Florence, Italy

I really liked this hostel, except for the wireless connection, which faded out. I tried to get the manager to disconnect the modem and router, but he seemed rushed. I explained that he had to wait at least one minute before plugging them back in, but he did seem to understand what waiting one minute meant. Perhaps he'll figure it out later.

Ciak Hostel

Rome, Italy

I really enjoyed staying here. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. They made me feel right at home and went out of their way to help me with what ever I needed.