Reviews: kitkennedy85718

Drifter Jack's Hostel, Austin, USA
21st Apr 2016

Drifter Jack's was a great stay! A great, unique location, right next to UT, with good access to bus transport to downtown. The atmosphere was the primary thing I liked about this hostel....lots of friendly people, and great evening camaraderie (e.g. games of flipcup outside in the parking lot before the evening pub crawl). A really substantial hostel experience here, and a great way to experience Austin. And this is coming from someone who spent their undergrad at UT !

Leo Hostel, Beijing, China
22nd Mar 2016

This was a really cool hostel, with a very enjoyable and aesthetically pleasing common room / restaurant / bar that was great to chill in. I really liked the location, quite close to Tiananmen square. The bathrooms were not the best, but it wasn't a big problem from my point of view.

Big Apple Hostel, Istanbul, Turkey
18th Aug 2014

Friendly, helpful staff, good location for all the touristy sites, great rooftop terrace (both shaded and unshaded!), great free breakfast, pretty quiet (at least while we were there, in the middle of the week)

Dear Guest , Thank you for your review . We would like to let you know that our hostel was completely full between these dates you stayed. Bests , Big Apple Team

Paraga Beach Hostel, Mykonos, Greece
6.9
16th Aug 2014

This hostel is exactly what it sounds like: a great place to meet people and party, but pretty barebones. I really enjoyed myself here, and would definitely stay again. But we stayed in a simple hut type accommodation (a tarp over a metal frame) with a single outlet and small safe inside. The bathrooms/showers were communal. If you don't like sacrificing a bit of privacy for liveliness and fun, don't stay here. I slept pretty well, didn't find the music to be too loud.

Lotte - The Backpackers, Heidelberg, Germany
29th May 2014

The most pleasant hostel I've ever stayed in. Not a party place, but the owner has put a lot of effort in to make Lotte feel home-y and happy. Location cannot be beat. Also, when I got sick and had to stay over for an extra day, room was found for me to stay and the owner was eager to help me in my recovery. Definitely worth staying here. I would have paid more, even.

4.3
22nd May 2013

We didn't in fact stay in the hostel; we were in an "overflow" room in a house with people who were living long term (several months or more) in London. As we heard from those people, the hostel ran out of space, so they put people in this house that's apparently a lot worse than the actual hostel. The was no breakfast, the were 2 lockers for a room of 8 people, the room itself was very poorly ventilated...at least the location, near the Wilesden Green tube stop, was okay. Not recommended.

MEININGER Cologne City Center, Cologne, Germany
2nd Feb 2013

Jacques Brel Youth Hostel, Brussels, Belgium
26th Jan 2013

Altogether a nice stay. BUT: there's no real lounge for guests, unless you go to the bar. Well, there is a "lounge", but it was winter and the room was really cold because it has so many windows. The bar is nice, but I'd feel awkward sitting there without buying anything. And it's not open during the day. Not a big deal really though.

hello thanks to leave a comment there is no problem for us to sit in the bar without ordering a drink or a meal, in other word you are always welcome to sit there we take your remark concerning the cold lounge into account so we'll improve our services regards phil

Five Elements Hostel Frankfurt, Frankfurt, Germany
14th Sep 2012

The location of this hostel is pretty convenient, being right next to the train station, but nonetheless the neighborhood is not the best (it's the red light district of Frankfurt). I personally didn't feel unsafe, but others might. Regardless, the hostel itself was completely secure. As for its amenities, it's one of the best hostels I've stayed in...two floors of common rooms, secure storage for your stuff, friendly staff and guests....a good place.

• USA,
Three Little Pigs Hostel, Berlin, Germany
8.0
23rd Apr 2010

Breakfast was good, although it seemed a little expensive.