Andes Hostel

Santiago, Chile

Great location. Right across from bella artes metro and surrounded by restaurands and clubs (try the peruvian sandwich shop!). Staff so helpful. I will come back here for sure!

PataPata Hostel

Valparaiso, Chile

Great location and big house. I was there during the wildfire, the staff was awesome and supportive. However the streets near the hostel were unsafe, a few friends were robbed outside waiting for the staff to unlock the door.

Aylen-Aike Hostel

El Chalten, Argentina

Stay here! Best hostel in Argentina! Great for solo travelers. I met trekking buddies for Fitz Roy, and to travel to Torres del Paine with. Good common room, great view, solid bunks, very clean, good location. Sebastian is very knowledgeable about the area as he is a climber and used to be a guide. He is always around the hostel creating a great environment!

I Keu Ken Hostel

El Calafate, Argentina

Sat on the old couch upstairs for a few hours and got bites all over my legs. Beware!

America del Sur Hostel Buenos Aires

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Solid bunk beds, good social area for meeting people, friendly staff! I extended a few nights bc it was so awesome!

On The Road Hostel

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Great rooftop area and bar for meeting people. Located in a great area: Palermo Hollywood! One bathroom is not a problem. However, Beds are rickity, and staff not very informative, didnt even have a map.

Azul Cielo Hostel

Oaxaca, Mexico

Awesome outside area for socializing, however there were not many people there willing to socialize. 10 min walk to downtown.

Puerta Vieja Hostel

San Cristobal de las Casas, Mexico

Great outdoor area w firepit and hammocks, great staff. amazing breakfast! Stay here!

Casa Divanga

Taganga, Colombia

El Viajero Cartagena Hostel

Cartagena, Colombia

Great location, great social scene, and air con! What more could you ask for!

Hostel Villa Vento Surf

Panama City, Panama

Chill social scene, pool, wifi, helpful staff, and the female dorm is great! What else do you need?!

Nomads Queenstown

Queenstown, New Zealand

Nomads Queenstown is in a great location, spacious and clean. However, it is a very large hostel, which makes it a big impersonal. Also, If you are more than 5 min late to free dinner, you will not get any food. And free breakfast consisted of bread and butter (once again, do not be late). Overall, the staff were fabulous and friendly, except for the red haired irish girl at the front desk, she was very negative and spoke down to backpackers. She should be replaced by a happy backpacker! :)

Thanks for your feedback, I'm glad you found our hostel to be clean and spacious. We don't advertise our free breakfast or dinners and prefer to tell our guests on arrival as a wee bonus. We make it clear at check in that the toast, jams, coffee/tea are available from 7am until 9am and the dinner is first come, first served from 6pm. I'm very sorry to hear you missed out. I will definitely be following up on your staff comments, thanks again for your feedback.

Central Backpackers Dunedin

Dunedin, New Zealand

Habitat HQ

Melbourne, Australia

Best hostel that I have stayed in australia! Met awesome travelers in the 10 bed girls dorm. Dont even think about staying anywhere else!

BackHome Kuala Lumpur

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Backhome is one of my favorite hostels (and I have been traveling for 10 months around the world!). The staff always has a smile, and is always willing to drop what they are doing to help you plan your day. Rooms are spacious, clean, and quiet. Best bunk beds ever. Plus they have a great DVD collection, and free wifi!