Român Holidays Hostel, Rome, Italy
4th Jan 2017

I really enjoyed my stay at Roman. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, the location couldn't be better (five minute walk to Termini), the place was clean, and they even made us dinner one night. It is truly a great hostel that I will stay at again next time I'm in Rome!

Yesinn @CAUSEWAY BAY, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
30th Dec 2016

Overall I enjoyed my stay. The place was a little pricy, but that was probably due to the fact it was a holiday. Some of the staff were great, however some were not super friendly. The location was perfect--very close to the MTR and lots of great food and stores nearby.

Backpackers Inn, Taipei, Taiwan
28th Dec 2016

Very conveniently located across the park from the subway station, the hostel was clean and nice. The only thing that was weird is they don't rent towels--they only sell them. I didn't want to spend $6USD for a towel, so I bought the cheaper, paper kind which worked okay.

Fukuoka Hana Hostel, Fukuoka City, Japan
27th Dec 2016

I was very pleased with Fukuoka Hana Hostel. They were clean, very friendly, and very helpful. The lockers in the rooms were a little small, so you wouldn't be able to fit your entire bag in it, and they offer locked baggage storage by the office, but didn't pay that close attention to it. However Japan is very safe to begin with, so there's not much need to worry. Overall I enjoyed my stay, and would definitely stay here again. Excellent location too.

Hiroshima Hana Hostel, Hiroshima, Japan
25th Dec 2016

I really enjoyed my time at Hiroshima Hana Hostel. The staff was amazing, the place was very clean and comfortable, and the location was great. It is right by the train tracks which is super convenient if you have a JR pass, but might be a little noisy if you're a light sleeper. I had no problem with it though, as I had earplugs. They didn't have lockers in the room, which is a shame, but with how safe Japan is, it wasn't a big worry. The staff was the best part--friendly and very helpful!

Suzuki Guesthouse, Kyoto, Japan
23rd Dec 2016

I had a great time at Suzuki Guesthouse! I have been to Kyoto once before and stayed in a different hostel that was also nice, but I liked this one much more! The staff were amazing! Helpful and friendly, the spoke English perfectly and helped me plan my activities. The beds are comfortable bunk-beds with privacy curtains, the lockers next to the beds held my backpack, the toilet rooms are clean with heated seats, and the two shower rooms were also perfectly clean with plenty of hot water.

Jordan Tower Hostel, Amman, Jordan
7.4
4th Jun 2013

I was going to stay for one night but had to catch a really early flight, so didn't get to experience much. I tried to negotiate a partial refund since I didn't get to actually sleep there, but there was no luck. The staff seemed friendly enough and the beds seemed fine. Didn't use the facilities, though.

Saba'a Hotel, Petra, Jordan
2nd Jun 2013

I really liked Saba'a, but they were having water tank issues and there was no water for a little while. Hard to blame them for that, since I'm sure it is a rare issue. The staff was super friendly, the dorm was nice and comfortable and clean, and the breakfast was good. Great location, not too far a walk from Petra.

Hi, Glad you enjoyed your stay. Sorry about running out of water, it is a rare occurrence. As water is so scarce in Jordan, we (as every place in Petra) have access from the mains water only every 2 days and must store water in containers on the roof for when the water is off. This usually lasts, but occasionally if we are very busy or people have had long showers then we can run low. We have just installed another 700litre tank so as not to run out in the future.

31st May 2013

This is a nice hotel with their own diving center attached. They charged me an extra 3 JD/nt for A/C. The diving was somewhat expensive, but it was amazing--some of the best I've seen anywhere! The room was clean, only saw one cockroach, and had a nice pool. It is a little far from Aqaba town and requires a taxi to get there (about 7-10 JD).

Mandarin Hotel, Cairo, Egypt
7.4
24th May 2013

What can you expect for $6 USD a night? I certainly didn't expect much--and that's pretty much what I got. It was a nice, mostly clean room that locked and had it's own bathroom. None of the staff spoke English, so that was tough, but doable. The wifi was down for one of the days and the power went out for about 12 hours too--which was interesting because the hotel is located on the third floor of an old cement building and when the power goes out there are no lights on the stairs. Good for $$

Riad Verus, Fez, Morocco
7.1
20th May 2013

Beware they charge 45dh/nt tax! There were cockroaches in the bathroom, but they are trying to fix that. The 'activities' are overpriced and they tried to use scare tactics to keep us from booking the same activities cheaper other places. They lost my socks when doing laundry but made up for it by buying me new ones, the lockers in the dorms are so small they wouldn't even fit my computer. The Good: I met lots of cool people, each dorm bed has power, wifi is strong, and free towels and robes!

Aline Hostel, Chefchaouen, Morocco
18th May 2013

WARNING: nobody at this hostel speaks English. French is the common language, and one guy speaks Spanish which is how I muddled through. Other than that, nice place! I stayed in May and had an 8 bed dorm all to myself. No lockers in rooms, though. Friendly staff, clean rooms, nice basic breakfast, hot showers. I walked from Bus station and found the place no problem, but the walk was entirely up hill, so be warned. Love Chefchaouen!

Dar Bargach, Tangier, Morocco
16th May 2013

This was a great little place inside the Medina. Friendly staff, clean rooms, nice, basic breakfast. I didn't walk to it from Tangier port only because Google maps didn't know where it is--it is literally next to Dar Jameel. If you follow the signs to Dar Jameel in the Medina, you will find it.

Lisboa Hostal, Algeciras, Spain
14th May 2013

I really enjoyed my time at Libosa. The owners were super nice, gave excellent directions and recommendations, helped me find my way to both my day trip to Gibraltar and my ferry to Tangier. They even upgraded me and gave me an ensuite room all to myself for free. The only downside was that the directions to the hostel were not terribly clear and there aren't many street signs--but I made it in the end.

10th May 2013

I really liked this hostel. I had heard bad things about hostels in Paris, so I was a little nervous and particular about trying to find a place. This hostel is a good hour walk from the main attractions, but it is in a nice, safe neighborhood, is very close to the metro (if you'd rather not walk), the staff is multilingual and incredibly friendly, the rooms are clean, and the atmosphere is great. The day I arrived there was a free wine and cheese tasting, and it was amazing!

The wine and cheese night was great, that's true! We are glad to know you had a good time staying with us, hope to see you again!

La Posta Hostel and Apart, Ushuaia, Argentina
22nd Dec 2012

This was an extremely nice hostel, but a little far away from everything. I thought this would be okay but it ultimately became problematic as I found myself walking or taking a taxi into town every day--which is really quite a long walk. I did, however, love the people, the staff, and the atmosphere here. I stayed at three different hostels during my stay in Ushuaia: Los Lupinos, La Posta, and Freestyle. I liked Freestyle the best.