HI - Chicago

Chicago, USA

Very friendly staff, lovely breakfast. I only don't get why they clean and close the toilets during morning rushhour.

HI-Baltimore

Baltimore, USA

Baltimore city didn't offer me much, but the hostel was nice, except for the staff. When I came there was a black woman at reception and when i asked if i could leave my bag in storage since it was a few hours before checkin she looked at me as if i was stupid before sort-of telling me that i should follow her by a strange motion of my head followed by an are you coming when i didn't follow her right away. It seemed like the rest of the staff was bored and couldn't be bothered.

Loftstel

Washington DC, USA

It is not so much a hostel as a bunch of people staying in a house. the room i was staying in was in a basement, so we didn't have any natural light, plus is was a huge mess because of the 2 girls staying there, clothes, bags and stuff everywhere. The cleaning lady tried to throw away my food for no reason and even though alcohol is not allowed you could smell it on some people.

HI-Montréal

Montreal, Canada

Great place to stay, could have been better since there was a large, loud annoying group in the hostel as well, but not the fault of the hostel.

Thanks for the comment... That group was really loud indeed...Sorry about it... but we've advised the group leaders a to have a better look at their kids next time! Bon Voyage, Nic, hostel manager

HI-Ottawa Jail Hostel

Ottawa, Canada

A really nice play to stay right in the middle of the city, the fact that the place is so clearly a jail is nice, but the doors are not really that well covered and the lights don't go off at night in the hallways, so expect plenty of light. The breakfast was nice, plenty of fruit, juice and bagels. The rooms could have been a little cleaner, but all in all a great stay.

The Only Backpacker's Inn

Toronto, Canada

Great place, feels a bit like home away from home with a lot of people living there and everyone is really friendly. The only downsides are the music fromt he bar untill 2am and the fact that there are only 2 shower/toilets and one seperate toilet, a bit busy in the morning.

HI-Vancouver Downtown

Vancouver, Canada

Nice hostel, great breakfast in the morning, enough toilets and showers, excellent!

Great place, the dorms felt a bit like a hotel with fresh towels every day and the bottles of shampoo and stuff. The only thing I would like to see are locks on the toilet doors.

Avenues Hostel

Salt Lake City, USA

It was an okay place to stay.

Thank you for taking the time to post the comments. Thank you for extending your stay.

The room and bathrooms (of which there were not enough and not ensuite as advertised) never felt clean. The matrasses were horrible and springy. There were no locks on the doors to the dorm rooms and getting into the hostel itself wasn't hard either.

It was a really nice place with a homey feel, except for the old, strange lady who was living there.

It was a big partyhostel with nice extra's like a pool and things, but there were only 2 bathrooms inside the main house and when i checked in the tall blond girl helping me didn't wsem really interested and just wanted to get me checked in as soon as possible so she could go back to her other things.

I had a blast, the staff, and certainly Joe was very nice, unfortunally the kitchen and common area was very small.

The guy checking me in was very friendly even though it was far past reception hours. The beds were very creeky and the matrasses terrible, it didn't veel very clean either.

The Pickled Frog

Hobart, Australia

I had a blast here, great staff and amazing people!

Princes Street Backpackers East

Edinburgh, Scotland

A fun hostel for people who don't want to spend to much. The staff is very friendly and helpfull. The location is just a hop over the street from Edinbrugh's main station. I had a great time here.

It was a nice place, excellent location, the rooms where very small and breakfast wasn't very much, but it was good for the price I paid.