Location: USA, Age: 38

Hostel Urbano

San Jose, Costa Rica

This was my second time at the hostel, and it lived up to expectations. Awesome staff (Hugo!), excellent location and security, great value.

Thank you so much for you comments! We are glad we could live up to your expectations and hope to have you stay with us some other time soon!!!

Hostel 156

San Jose, Costa Rica

Pros: amazing staff, great location, awesome house and kitchen facilities, well maintained, excellent security, great vibe. Cons: you can hear the nearby trains in the morning. (earplugs worked fine for me). This is an amazing house and amazing value, and all of the staff were incredibly helpful. Awesome location just a few blocks from Parque Nacional and Avenida Central , but also on the bus line to San Pedro (Univ. of CR) and eastern suburbs. One of best hostels I've stayed at.

Hostel Urbano

San Jose, Costa Rica

Pros:great location steps from Univ. of CR campus, main bus lines to San Jose, restaurants and bars; great building with big rooms; excellent kitchen facilities; very helpful staff; good wi-fi; very safe location; large well-made lockers built into dorm bunks (Bring your own lock), very quiet compared to most other SJO hostels I've visited. Cons: near UCR train stop, so sometimes can hear trains, breakfast is served a little late (7:30-9:30). Overall this is really great value for money.

Maleku Hostel

Alajuela, Costa Rica

This is my second time at this hostel in 2 years, and I was just as impressed this time as last. Extremely clean, tico-owned with super helpful staff, and excellent location. It is a bit small, but still a great value for the money. RE: some of the negative reviews about breakfast, during my stay they offered bread, crackers, jam, peanut butter, fruit, and coffee. This is common Tico breakfast (minus the peanut butter), and is what I normally ate while living with a Tico family.

The Secret Garden Quito

Quito, Ecuador

Pros: CarpeDM travel agency, location, awesome building and views, clean dorms and fairly clean toilets, free filtered water, full time security. Cons: many rooms could hear the music from dining deck (although not me in Loja dorm), some of volunteer staff didn´t even know where to find my dorm, much less information about town; no outside food allowed during breakfast and dinner; dinner was a bit overpriced; no kitchen facilities. Ultimately this hostel is about the great view and location.

Hi music may be heard from some rooms but it stops at 23.00 so people can rest.No oustide food or alcohol allowed, like in any restaurant in the world ! No kitchen facilities, but nowhere it says we have such facilities... Thanks Florian

Reykjavik Downtown Hostel

Reykjavik, Iceland

This is a wonderful value. Excellent location, very quiet but only a block or two from downtown. Clean, well-secured, rooms - both private ensuite and private shared bath that we stayed in had really great facilities. Only rated cleanliness a "Good" because the lounge above the kitchen has definitely seen better days, and did not get any cleaning (except by us) while we were there (6 days). All of staff I met were extremely helpful, and you can book almost anything you want to do at great rates from the

Maleku Hostel

Alajuela, Costa Rica

This hostel is small but spotless - the staff was constantly cleaning. Private room was noisy due to traffic, but it died down after about 10 PM, and was nothing that earplugs couldn´t handle. Super convenient location - 1 1/2 blocks from main bus station, a MasXMenos super market, ATM, and a 5 min walk to parque central! the supermarket is perfect to stock up on way into the country, or to grab a souvenir La Liga jersey - only place we saw them in our entire trip! Staff was very helpful.