Location: Australia,

Geckos Hostel

Florianopolis, Brazil

Loved my stay here, great bunch of people, differing in age range, from all over the world! This is a new hostel with an Italian at the helm, a traveller himself. Everything is really clean, including the pool in the front yard. Max & staff are really helpful, with great recommendations of what to do around the island and how to do it cheaply! If you want to experience the party scene in Floripa, look no further. They organise & tell you which are the best things every night. Great hostel!

• 11th Jan 2014

Green Haven Hostel

Ubatuba, Brazil

I loved my stay in Ubatuba but don't it would have been the same without Vini and his brothers looking after me! They were lovely, went completely out their way for you, picking you up, driving you places, taking you to amazing beaches. It's like staying with some mates! They also lend surfboards and take you to great surf spots if you're keen. One night the gas went in the kitchen, so they bought everyone pizza very generous and definitely go 'above and beyond'. Thanks guys!

• 5th Jan 2014

Walk On The Beach Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I LOVED my stay at WONTB! I stayed for NYE 2013-14 and it was so great, a short walk to Copacabana beach, slightly longer to walk to Ipanema. Good places to eat nearby, pretty safe, banks, laundry close by. The hostel organises some great tours at reasonable prices. I did the favela tour and city tour which had great guides, value for money. Rooms: if you have the choice, the best are the 6 bed or 9 bed dorms upstairs. Special shout-out to staff Luisa and Michael - amazing, extra mile!!!!

• 28th Dec 2013

Hostel Lao

Mendoza, Argentina

The minute you walk in the door of this hostel, it feels very homey, like you are staying at someone\'s house. The open fire was lovely in the cold weather. Everything was very clean and our room (tango) was great. It is a couple of blocks from the centre but worth the walk!