Balkan Han Hostel

Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

I really enjoyed my stay at the Balkan Han. I was only there for one night, but the rooms where spacious and nice and Unkas is a really really cool guy! I'd imagine that once the season starts this is an even better place for getting together with great people and having a wonderful time in Sarajevo. I'm pretty sure I'll return.

• 1st Jun 2014

Hostel Majdas

Mostar, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Majda's is one of my two favourite hostels in Europe. Everything is clean, convenient, the staff are amazingly nice and more of a family away from home than actual "staff". Majda's is a place where you can actually learn about Bosnia and Hercegovina and dive into the hospitality of the Balkans. The hostel also attracts very nice, considerate people. Bata's tour is an absolute MUST. I have been there more than once and I am absolutely sure I will return.

• 29th May 2014

More of a party place, it's quite tight in the dorms and the bathrooms, even tho cleaned daily, just get dirty fast with 8 people using one and everyone going to the beach. Staff is very helpful and meeting people is easy on the stone steps in front of the hostel. Good place!

• 31st Aug 2011