Reviews: Smokinpope

Location: Philippines, Gender: Male, Age: 31

Homy Inn

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

The two receptionists (I think one was named Andy. I didn't catch the lady's name.) were extraordinarily helpful and friendly! My room was, as expected, tiny but spotless and comfortable. Also, I was not expecting a window but was very surprised to have gotten a standard single room with a view of the neighboring park!

• 10th Jun 2014

Homy Inn

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

I loved my stay at Homy Inn! My single room was tiny, as expected, but very well designed and spotless. The staff were always cheerful and ready to help! Food and public transport are very close by. The WiFi service is also fast and reliable. My only complaint would be the occasional noise. Since the hostel is small, noise from the common area is easily heard inside rooms, especially mine, which was right beside the front desk. Maybe some "quiet please" signs will help.

• 26th Sep 2013

Gap Year Hostel

Singapore, Singapore

I took a private room, which was tiny and windowless (as expected) but with good AC, a fair bed, and two pillows. However, a few minor improvements would have made my stay much better: 1) There are no shelves in the room and the only socket is beside the light switch. I had to dangle my phone to charge it. The rest of my things were dangling on hooks or on the floor. 2) A reading lamp would have been nice 3) A thicker and larger blanket. I'm 5'11 and the blanket barely covered feet to chest.

• 25th May 2013
  • Philippines

thanks for your feedback :) we will look into putting an extension cord so that your things can be put on the bedside table with a reading lamp :) wrt blanket, we do have larger and warmer ones upon request and will consider changing our blankets to larger ones. thank you again

The Mitraa

Singapore, Singapore

Nearly everything is done well at the Mitraa. However, I hope that its managers install a WiFi router on the third floor. It would have been great to use my laptop in-room.

• 27th Oct 2011

The Meeting Place

Taipei, Taiwan

Since the entire shower room floor is almost always wet, it needs non-slip matting.

Very helpful and friendly staff. Most of the rooms are large but tired, the upholstery soiled, and are very spartan. Make sure all the power points work before taking a room.

I spent a second non-consecutive night in Toucheng Backpackers. In between these nights, I climbed Mt. Xueshan about three hours away by bus. To lighten my backpack, the owner was kind enough to store some of my things for free. Also, when I returned there was a free washing machine to clean my sweaty and dirty hiking clothes. Very convenient!

• 20th Oct 2010
  • Philippines

Toucheng Backpackers is easy to find and just ten to fifteen minutes away by train to Jiaoxi and Yilan. Also, the owner is very friendly. Ask him about things to do and where to eat and he'll give you good suggestions. There is a new museum just twenty minutes walk away. I didn't have time to visit since I was almost always outside Toucheng or very tired whenever I was in Toucheng, but the architecture seems interesting. I could see it from my dorm window. The owner highly recommends a visit.

• 17th Oct 2010

Reggae Guest House

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Chaotic and grimy Chinatown outside, absolutely quiet and relaxing inside. Also, Kumar, the attendant on duty when I arrived, was extra friendly.