• Canada, Female, 25-30
Hostelle - Female Only Hostel, Amsterdam, Netherlands
29th Jul 2013

A lovely hostel. I chose it because it was nearer to the airport and I had a early morning flight the next day so for me the location was good; however, I can understand that if you're exploring Amsterdam it might not be the best. The trip to the Centraal Station took about 30 minutes by train (and replacement bus). The staff were very friendly and helpful and there was a great atmosphere in the building. The only negative thing I have to say is that €5 for a towel is a bit much.

SD Hostel Sveti Djordje 2, Belgrade, Serbia
7.3
29th Jun 2011

The hostel had only been open for 3 weeks so it will eventually be a great one. For 7 euros a night, I can't really complain about this hostel! The staff is awesome - they really wanted us to have a good time in Belgrade and were happy to sit and have a chat with over a cup of fresh coffee. The less good parts: There's only one computer shared between the staff and guests, there aren't locks on the dorm rooms and the entrance is a bit shabby. Would recommend it for budget travellers, though.

Hostel City Center Sarajevo, Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina
9.3
26th Jun 2011

Great hostel. Very modern decor, plenty of activities and good staff. The only problem I had was that cabs don't really know where it is so beware of being dropped off at the City Centre Hotel (which is luckily not too long of a walk from the hostel).

Hostel Majdas (former Majdas Rooms), Mostar, Bosnia And Herzegovina
24th Jun 2011

I can honestly say this is the best hostel I've ever stayed in. Great staff, fantastic crowd of people there, and just an amazing atmosphere. The tour was definitely worthwhile so make sure you go!

Begovic Boarding House, Dubrovnik, Croatia
8.7
21st Jun 2011

Extremely friendly family! They really go above and beyond to make you feel comfortable. Had a really relaxing and lovely stay - so if you're into partying, this probably isn't the best choice for you. The only things to note are that it's a bit of a trek to the Old Town, but the bus is pretty convenient and also, there are A LOT of stairs to climb to get up to the hostel so brace yourself.

Goodnight Lisbon Hostel, Lisbon, Portugal
19th Apr 2011

This is easily the best hostel I´ve ever stayed in. The staff were amazing and did everything they could to make each guest feel comfortable. They gave great suggestions for things to do around Lisbon. Even staying in for the night is really fun here with great music, happy hour with Tatiana and a pretty good DVD collection in the comfy common rooms.The decor was also very neat. The dorm rooms were pretty clean and relatively spacious. My only suggestion would be more power outlets in the rooms.

Living Cat's Hostel, Madrid, Spain
9.0
12th Apr 2011

Very cool common room! Staff were very friendly and accommodating even though I´d made a mistake with my booking. The hostel was very clean as well. Only a couple of negative things to say: It would be nice if the PCs weren´t locked so that we could plug in USBs. Also, there are not enough power outlets in the room. But, all around a very good hostel. Have been recommending it to anyone who has told me they´re headed to Madrid.

24th Feb 2011

I can`t think of any faults with this hostel. The rooms were very clean, the staff were friendly and helpful and it`s perfectly situated. Not to mention, I paid €1 for my night there (I was skeptical about this, but there really is no catch). Would recommend to this hostel to anyone!