Reviews: MicheliWanderlust

Location: USA, Gender: Female, Age: 31

Pariwana Hostel Cusco

Cusco, Peru

Had a bad experience with one of the receptionist here. The travel agency they had on site screwed up my travel plans and the receptionist cannot be bothered to help. He even flat out told me that he won't help me coz he didn't like my attitude. What did he expect? I just came back around midnight from Machu Picchu and was exhausted and hungry, and my bus tickets for first thing the next morning was missing. Luckily, the manager stepped in and took care of everything. He was a lifesaver!!

Hostel TitiUta

Puno, Peru

Hostel titiuta was closed for renovation but didn't bother sending an email or notification regarding that. I knocked on their front door for 10 minutes before somebody came out and transferred me to San Antonio suites. San Antonio suites was amazing!! I'll rate them separately.

Ecopackers Machupicchu

Machu Picchu, Peru

The receptionist yakked on the phone for 15 minutes while I was standing in front of him waiting for him to check me in. It was late, I was tired and hungry, but he was very much unconcerned. He was very disinterested and couldn't be bothered to do his job. The place is ok, but they don't give you keys to the hostel or your room. Anybody from outside can just walk in and go into the rooms. This is the worst hostel I have ever stayed at!!

I love staying at this hostel. It's clean, has comfortable beds, an amazing location, and the best bar staff ever. Special shout-out to Jordan for making my stay and my drinks in Pariwana-Lima memorable and fun!!

They have a lot of weird rules like leaving your bags at reception. They have a nice common room but the staff reminds you all the time to keep absolutely quiet. It's in the basement and the rooms are two floors up!! The rooms upstairs will not hear any noise even if you have a band downstairs. They go out of their way to deliberately make life hard and un-fun for you!! The rooms are cramped and cold and have only one outlet for 12 people to share!!

Please keep in mind that our hostel is in a residential area, which means our neighbors are families and they must be respected. Even though you are in a basement, to the left and right of you there are homes. We love to have fun, but with respect! We have extra power strips and blankets so do not hesitate to ask next time. Lastly, the baggage storage rules are imposed on us by the fire department. We comply by those rules for your safety, the safety of others and of the hostel. Safe travels!

Bada Bing Hostel Istanbul

Hostel Villa Angelina Old Town

Dubrovnik, Croatia

Tchaikovsky Hostel

Split, Croatia

Maya and Philip were amazing hosts. The hostel was small and intimate and very clean. I especially loved the curtains on the beds giving you some privacy as well as the night light, power outlet and shelf inside your bunk. They don't advertise free breakfast but they do provide coffee, tea and cereal in the morning.

Chillout Hostel Zagreb

Zagreb, Croatia

Maverick Hostel & Ensuites

Budapest, Hungary

Hostel Andrew

Rome, Italy

The staff needs to be better trained in dealing with guests. Also, moving guests every nigh to accommodate a newer and bigger booking is ridiculous!!

Istanbul, Turkey

This hostel needs to have a security system in place. A random guy who was partying on the rooftop bar burst in our room, a female only dorm, to look for a girl he met earlier. Anybody can walk into the hostel and in the rooms. There are no locks on the rooms or controls on who comes in the hostel. The only form of security you get is the ey to your locker, which is small. Also, they need to soundproof the bar upstairs as you can hear the music even when you're sleeping two floors down.

Funky Cordoba

Ufuk Hotel Pension

Goreme, Turkey

Great hotel.. Great service

Istanbul, Turkey

The staff is very nice and helpful. The location is great, it's walking distance from all the sights in Sultanahmet.