Discovery Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I love this place. I stayed there the second time and it is the perfect place to stay while in Rio. Hot shower, clean comfy beds, nice helpful staff.

• 3rd Aug 2013

• 30th Jul 2013

La Casa de Zarela

Huaraz, Peru

I really enjoyed my stay and Zarela is everthing people already said she is... A big help! The bathrooms could be a bit cleaner, but apart from that is this hostel the place to stay.

• 26th Jul 2013
  • Austria

Thank you for your comments , sorry for what happend in your bathrooms,we try hardly to keep clean the dorms, , we are checking more times a day to make sure is completely clean , thankyou!

The receptionist forgot to order my taxi in the morning - had to catch one on the street, which was okay. Worst mattress I have ever slept in, but apart from that a good place to stay.

• 25th Jul 2013

Pariwana Hostel Cusco

Cusco, Peru

This hostel got everything one could wish for. Very professional service. THE place to stay in Cusco.

• 18th Jul 2013

Aymarak Hostel

Puno, Peru

good place. cheap, breakfast, close to city center

• 16th Jul 2013

Aymarak Hostel

Puno, Peru

I was really sick while I stayed in Puno. Luz cared for me a lot and I am very thankful for that. I was really lucky to stay there. It is a good place to stay while in Puno. Close to the Plaza de Armas.

• 14th Jul 2013
  • Austria

One of the best hostels I have stayed in during this Peru trip. It gets a bit loud during the night as people like to party in the garden. Nevertheless, great place

• 11th Jul 2013
  • Austria

The location is great to experience Nazca. I had a dorm to myself what was also great. unfortunately, there was a misunderstanding regarding the tours. taking the flight tours is great, but the so-called group tour was a rip-off. maybe it is better to book a group tour in a professional tourist office

• 9th Jul 2013

Ekeko Hostel

Lima, Peru

I would not stay in the single room as it is very cold, moist and there are a lot of insects, but apart from that a good place to stay.

• 8th Jul 2013

CaipiHostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I arrived late night and when I wanted to get a bite, the streets were filled with homeless people and prostitutes. Wet rooms were not clean. Apparently a lot of locals stay at this hostel to party, so it is loud until the morning. due to the fact that walls and windows are so thin you need earplugs to sleep. (hostel must be aware of this as they already offer them.) conclusio: if you do not mind sleeping with earplugs, having no kitchent and a bit shady audience, here you got a cheap option

• 7th Jul 2013
  • Austria

Hi there. Lapa is undergoing a big change and it getting better everyday. It is not a fancy neighborhood, and we like to believe that you will get the real experience. Despite the feeling(this is not Oslo), we are in front of the Central Police Station, and there is no real concern regarding security. We do get a lot of Brazilians from times to times, but this is a good thing, after all your traveling here :) Please understand that one night is not enough to fully experience the CaipiLife.

Hostel Alice

Sao Paulo, Brazil

great, safe location, nice hostel. would definitely recommend.

• 5th Jul 2013

Iguassu Eco Hostel

Foz do Iguacu, Brazil

It is a very quiet place to stay at. - No parties, but the absolute plus is the location as you can go easily by bus to the airport and all the attractions.

• 3rd Jul 2013

Discovery Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I absolutely loved it there. I felt safe and they offer a lot of information. Airport pick-up is 85 BRL not 70 BRL, but apart from that I could not point out any negative aspects. Great place to stay with nice atmosphere. :-)

• 1st Jul 2013

Vistas de Lisboa

Lisbon, Portugal

The guy at the reception needed over !!!30 Minutes!!! to find my name in the list. I wrote it down twice and spelled it even more often. Rooms were full of mosquitos and it was hot...

• 30th Jun 2013

Budget Backpackers

Edinburgh, Scotland

I had a good time there. The common room is great and you can always meet a lot of people. would recommend

• 18th May 2013

Ganbara Hostel

Bilbao, Spain

• 8th Jul 2012

Way Hostel

Madrid, Spain

this is the place to stay. great staff, very helpful, just great!!! :-)

Brussels Hello Hostel

Brussels, Belgium

The showers could use doors. Otherwise great location for a journey to Brussels. :-)

Riad Massin

Marrakech, Morocco

The staff of the hostel was really great. While I was there, there weren't a lot of people. So I had a dorm for myself and they didn't try to put other people in. They tried to help you where they can and give useful information. I would recommend to get the airport transfer as the hostel might be difficult to find in the beginning. For women traveling alone I would recommend taking a taxi for 2 eur from the big place to the hostel at night. During the day no problem. Great stay!!

• 18th May 2012

Tran Ly Hotel

Hue, Vietnam

Best place to stay. The staff is great and very helpful. Would recommend it to everybody.

Nhi Trung Hotel

Hoi An, Vietnam

Hotel was great and the staff very helpful. BUT: DO NOT GO TO THE RECOMMENDED TAILOR. VERY EXPENSIVE AND THE QUALITY IS NOT GOOD!

Thu Thuy Hostel

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

The hotel itself is great and the staff is very very helpful. However, I booked three tours at Saigon Mini. - Two tours were a waste of time. The tour guides spoke barely English and had such rough accents that they could not be understood. - Cu Chi and the guide "Chi" were awesome.

Luang Prabang Backpackers Hostel

Luang Prabang, Laos

THE place to stay. The staff is great and you can have a free pick up and free tours. The bathroom could be a bit better, but great price value ratio and I would recommend everybody to stay here.

Phoungchampa Hotel

Vientiane, Laos

It was difficult to find. The staff was rather annoyed that they had to stop playing video games and stop watching TV. Not a really warm atmosphere. Rooms are smelly and do not have windows. Not the best choice for the price. No safe! Had to leave everything in the room.

Encounters Hostel and Guest House

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

I had problems with logging out of my fb account. - one of the staff members apparently changed my profile picture. I was still in the room and confronted him, but he denied although there was no other possibility. very unprofessional.

• 3rd Jun 2010

Khaosan Tokyo Ninja

Tokyo, Japan

• 1st Jun 2010

Guest House Kyoto

Kyoto, Japan

There is not much going on, but it is clean and close to the railway station. As the people said before: a real kitchen is missing, lockers are also not available

Khaosan Tokyo Ninja

Tokyo, Japan

I had a great time in the Ninja. The staff is great and help you in a lot of ways. The location is really great if you have a Japan Rail Pass. I met nice people to have fun with there. If you want to go out every night it is too far from the action and taxis are really really expensive. (Except you party until 5am, then the public transport operates again) Take a capsule. It is an experience!