Location: Australia, Gender: Female, Age: 22

No hot showers, dirty and very old bedding/pillows and one of our rooms smelt mouldy.

• 7th Nov 2013

Thank you for your comment . I do understand why you are so upset for your personal reason but i want to make one thing clear you booked one triple room and when you arrived you brought a man to stay with you in the same room (a man with 3 girls ) .you booked 3 beds room only so we offered you 2 double rooms instead of that .now if you didn't stay with the man in the same room and your friend stayed with him .this isn't our problem.

New York Budget Inn

New York, USA

No elevators at all- so staying on the 4th floor with 3 bags was nOt so great. The staff do help you with bags though. Lussage storage for even a few hours though costs $5 per bag, which I find ludicrous. Plus there are added laundry/bedding/towel fees onto of the room charge.

• 13th Aug 2013

Thank you for your review and thank you for acknowledging that despite not having an elevator, our staff help all of our guests with their bags. Due to limited storage space we do offer a luggage storage upon checkout for a fee of $5.00 for guests that would prefer to maximize their last day in NYC prior to departing. To be clear, we offer our guests towels with a $5.00 deposit which is refunded upon checkout. Bedding/ linen, daily housekeeping, Wifi, slippers, soap, shampoo...are ALL FREE

Urban Holiday Lofts

Chicago, USA

Staff were rather rude and the location of the hostel, whilst being in a cool neighborhood, is far from chicago's centre and attractions. I enjoyed my room-mates, but if I could choose I would probably not stay here again.

• 10th Aug 2013

Some staff were a little rude, but overall for NYC they were great. The cafe in the hostel itself was delicious, if a bit expensive. The upper west side is a bit out of the way but overall a nice place to stay, as it's right by the subway red/1 line which is fantastic. I would stay here again!

• 23rd Jul 2013

Blue Mountains, Australia

The only real negative was that there were no lockers/safes in the rooms or hostel. Apart from this, I really enjoyed my stay at this quaint hostel in the centre of Katoomba!

• 8th Jun 2013