Location: Australia, Gender: Female, Age: 23

Generator Hostel London

Massive hostel, doesn't have a homely feel and is hard to meet people. I was on the fifth floor which was disgusting (i think they will renovate it soon as they are doing fourth floor now. They are also renovating so there was a lot of noise and the lift was also out of order. My room was filthy and very aged. bedding was ok... It also smelt terrible. Have stayed in many hostels before... There is much better quality for lower prices in Kensington.

• 4th Aug 2013

Dear Guest, I'm sorry to hear that you feel we have not met your expecations on this ocassion. I would be more than Happy to discuss this further if you would like to contact me by email on nathan.roberts@generatorhostels.com I look forward to hearing from you Kind Regards Nathan Roberts - Guest Relations Executive

Feel At Home

Singapore, Singapore

They do not wash the sheets between visitors... Consistently overbook and have another place that the send you to when there is no room. Dodgey. Staff are very polite though...

Ms. Kate. Generally in hotels/hostels, all the bed sheets are of same colour and we have the same so may be you feel this way. Daily our stuff is washed without any delay. Till now in the last 6 months, there was no such complaint at all. But your this statement force us to think and then gives us an idea to give the bed sheets to our guests on the reception only so that they can know that it is clean or not. Isn't it a good idea? :) Thanks for your doubt. I take it positive for the future. In case if we are over booked at that moment, we asked in the beginning from our guests whether they want to stay in other unit or not? If they say Yes, we send them there and if they say No, we have to say that we have no vacancy. SO I THINK YOU SHOULD NOT USED THIS WORD I.E. DODGEY. And why you said this statement I dont understand even to you we already email that we have no space in our 1st unit and we can accommodate you on your 3rd day in our second unit, and you happily accept that before coming to us. So then why ????????? whats dodgey in this ? Your reviews are important for us but I think this is the duty of every guest to think twice and then give their review in case if they want to say something negative about anyone. Better to clear the doubts if you have any before giving such statements.This effect's some one business Ms. Kate. Please don't mind with my statement but your understand your responsibility before giving the review .