The Babylon

Benidorm, Spain

I arrived around 8pm. The hotel is in the centre of town above a bar which is owned by the same people. The reception to the hotel was in the bar itself. It wasn't very clean in general and the place had more of a brothel feel than a hotel. I showed my reservation and was given the keys to a room which was already occupied by someone else. All their stuff was there - how's that for security? It turns out the place was actually full. They blamed hostelworld and left me in the street

Oxford Backpackers Hostel

Oxford, England

I was quite disappointed... it wasn't very clean and it was very expensive for what it is. Location is good, but that's about it.

Kate Guesthouse

Dubrovnik, Croatia

100 stars! I'd definitely recommend this place. It's a bit of a walk from the old town (20-30 mins) with a big uphill but the views more than make up for it. We stayed only 1 night and had the whole place to ourselves when we went in early may, everything was perfect. In the morning they brought us breakfast and then we drove to the airport. Very convenient as we could park by the apartment and drive straight (literally) to the airport in 20 mins.

HBC Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

simple, but cheap and with everything you need. Not too bad overall - watch out for the massive posters of croatia covering EVERY room.

Margareten Hostel

Mama's Home

Tulum, Mexico

Popol Vuh

Playa del Carmen, Mexico

definitely recommendable, very secure and it has direct access to the beach, very near the bus station and 1 road away from 5ta avenida where everything happens. great staff also, showed us around the best bars and clubs. the showers and beds are average though, and if you stay in the shared dorm you dont get breakfast, but appart from that its excellent.

Bethlehem Youth Hostel

Bethlehem, Israel

Hostel Cosmopolitan

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

pretty bad in terms of location and cleanliness especially.