Location: France, Age: 24

Smart Russell Square

I definitely won't be staying at this hostel again. In the morning's there's room for about 50 people in the breakfast room but about 200 people trying to sit down. Some mornings I had to stand to eat my toast. The shower room is a joke. There's nowhere to hang up your clothes while you shower and people resort to walking from their room and back just wearing a towel. If privacy is an issue for you don't stay here.

• 16th Sep 2013

Thank you for your review. We offer a cheap and competitive accommodation at very good location. We have placed all the showers together to avoid queues and save energy. We are sorry you didn't enjoy your stay with us. SRS Staff

Nomads Westend

Sydney, Australia

Nothing special. You get what you pay for. Common areas are very loud and muggy. Furnishings feel quite old and dilapidated.

• 20th Apr 2013

Brussels Hello Hostel

Brussels, Belgium

Brilliant Hostel. Very clean, not too noisy and with great and very helpful staff. Great location and will definitely stay here if we are in Brussels again!

Berrow House

Ledbury, England

DO NOT STAY HERE. Staff were not here when they were supposed to be. Rooms are mouldy and stink. There is NO heating. Outdoor Showers. Extremely Tiny rooms. Not signposted. We took one look at the place and decided to stay somewhere else instead. Don't believe what you see on the Hostelworld page for this hostel. It is extremely bad.

Hatters at Hilton Chambers

Manchester, England

Great place all round. Gives a really good first impression, from the moment you walk up to the entrance door, and doesn't let you down. The staff there were excellent, very willing to help out at a moment's notice. Very clean. Great kitchen, with free 24hr toast and coffee which is very handy for when you're on a budget! It had a great atmosphere the whole time I was there. The only problem was the beds aren't very comfortable, the springs can be painful. Otherwise, thumbs up guys!

Astor Hyde Park

A clean, friendly and vivid hostel. I will definitely stay here next time i visit london and i'll be recommending it to all my friends. The staff were extremely friendly and went out of their way to help whenever i had an issue or a problem. Well done guys.